2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Thats actually bigger than i thought!!

IWC too..? Really hmm. They did sponsor after his arrival but I wasnt sure if he atteacted them.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Racing Green in 2028

Matt2725
Matt2725

Monster Energy departed for McLaren before the LH Ferrari move was announced.

So I'd struggle to say they were only there for him.

maygun
maygun

Lasssept wrote: โ†‘
03 Oct 2024, 13:00
Dunlay wrote: โ†‘
03 Oct 2024, 11:33
Can you name one sponsor that is there because of Lewis? Other than TH that replaced the previous apparel partner BOSS.
https://i.postimg.cc/nV3wcL4C/Lmz-Sxx-R ... g-TQY3.jpg

https://racingnews365.com/lewis-hamilton-net-worth
Mercedes-Benz is there because of Lewis? :D People should check the article before making nonsense conclusions. The list is personal sponsors, not the team's.

PlatinumZealot

Social media views will drop. Most fana will no longer be wearing the LH44 Mercedes schwag. It's a cpnsiderable marketing impact.

Racing Green in 2028

Tonino
Tonino

The amount of nonsense I've seen posted on social media by Lewis's fans since he announced his departure, claiming sponsors will follow him to Ferrari is the funniest thing. The same goes for the ridiculous idea that Mercedes will lose a bunch of engineers that Lewis is supposedly taking with him to Ferrari.

Yes, Lewis is probably the most marketable star in F1 today, and sure, social media engagement will dip slightly next year when he moves on. But the notion that Mercedes will lose a bunch of sponsors and suffer significant revenue drops is pure nonsense.

They won't lose a single sponsor. Puma will leave, but not because of Lewis. The deal they'll secure with Adidas is worth triple what Puma is currently paying.

Another sponsor Lewis's fans eagerly claimed would leave Mercedes was Tommy Hilfiger, but that rumor was debunked by Tommy themselves.

UBS also just renewed their sponsorship with Mercedes at the Singapore Grand Prix.

Matt2725
Matt2725

Not sure why they assumed TH would leave. They have a deal with George Russell anyway, so seemed quite obvious they weren't going anywhere.

The impact in say 2020 would have been huge. But 4 years later and 3 very lean seasons, the impact is less so.

Vanja #66

According to BBC Sport, Toto won't let Hamilton test for Ferrari in AD this year

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/arti ... 3we4ndyd4o

Whatโ€™s the likelihood of Lewis Hamilton being able to do post-season testing for Ferrari in Abu Dhabi? - Laura

Zero. Hamilton is under contract to Mercedes until the end of the year, and they say he cannot test for Ferrari at the end of the season, as they have a lot of promotional and farewell work to do after 12 years together - and 18 with Mercedes engines.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Why should they? Did Ferrari let Vettel test for Aston Martin?
A lion must kill its prey.

mkay
mkay

Matt2725 wrote: โ†‘
05 Oct 2024, 10:35
Not sure why they assumed TH would leave. They have a deal with George Russell anyway, so seemed quite obvious they weren't going anywhere.

The impact in say 2020 would have been huge. But 4 years later and 3 very lean seasons, the impact is less so.
Tommy Hilfiger joining Mercedes was heavily influenced by Lewis. Russell has recently become a "brand ambassador" for Tommy Hilfiger, so perhaps they might remain, but IMO it's largely going to be influenced by the kind of sponsorship Adidas will be providing.

It's quite possible Adidas may want to own the entire Merc apparel line-up which obviously would cost them more, but they have the financial firepower to provide such a large sponsorship. Castore signed a long-term apparel deal with RB worth $200 million, for context.

Ultimately, Mercedes won't struggle to retain or acquire new lucrative sponsors. Successful team backed by a desirable brand, and companies are fighting to get their brands onto cars in this day and age. That being said, I do think you'll see apparel sales and overall social media interactions sharply decrease in 2025.

PlatinumZealot

They will watch the social media numbers for a year then jump ship later.

Racing Green in 2028

RedNEO

Mercedes target Lewis Hamilton F1 legacy with Kimi Antonelli
https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/10/ ... antonelli/

.. this getting insufferable. Makes me wish for more of this ->

Luscion
Luscion

Due to the lack of testing, Mercedes has decided to install simulation equipment at Antonelli's home to help his development and preparation. All coming soon

Thanks to the steering wheel and simulation, it is planned to get used to the buttons and procedures such as starting more quickly

Formula 1 fan 1996
Formula 1 fan 1996

Any specific words about Austin significant upgrades package?

Lasssept

Motorsport

Kimi Antonelli:
โ€œWinning some races would definitely be a dream. It won't be easy, because all the teams have a competitive car, so it will be very difficult, but this is my first goal. Even some podiums would be good, but the main goal is to bring home some victories.โ€
โ€œI certainly convinced Mercedes for the results on the track, because in the end those are the most important thing. But also because Toto also spoke a lot with my family and for the person I have become.โ€
โ€œIn the private tests, one thing that impressed them was the speed with which I got to the limit, the speed with which I got to the times that they set. I have to say that one factor that I struggled with the most during the tests was the race pace.
However, in the last two days of testing at Spa, I improved the race pace significantly and this convinced them to sign with me.โ€
โ€œIn fact, before the summer break, I had a call with Wolff, my engineer and other people from Mercedes and there they told me that I would be their driver in 2025. It was a great momentโ€
โ€œI feel ready for F1. In terms of speed I don't think it will be a problem and the only thing where there will be a lot of work to do will be understanding how to manage the weekend in the best possible way and also learning all the proceduresโ€

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/anto ... /10662333/

Lasssept

Mercedes also delivered the new update package to Austin.

The final updates of the season, including a new base, will arrive this weekend.

With these updates, they aim to both improve this year and set the direction for next year.