2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Thats actually bigger than i thought!!

IWC too..? Really hmm. They did sponsor after his arrival but I wasnt sure if he atteacted them.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

Matt2725
Matt2725

Monster Energy departed for McLaren before the LH Ferrari move was announced.

So I'd struggle to say they were only there for him.

maygun
maygun

Lasssept wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2024, 13:00
Dunlay wrote: ↑
03 Oct 2024, 11:33
Can you name one sponsor that is there because of Lewis? Other than TH that replaced the previous apparel partner BOSS.
https://i.postimg.cc/nV3wcL4C/Lmz-Sxx-R ... g-TQY3.jpg

https://racingnews365.com/lewis-hamilton-net-worth
Mercedes-Benz is there because of Lewis? :D People should check the article before making nonsense conclusions. The list is personal sponsors, not the team's.

PlatinumZealot

Social media views will drop. Most fana will no longer be wearing the LH44 Mercedes schwag. It's a cpnsiderable marketing impact.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

Tonino
Tonino

The amount of nonsense I've seen posted on social media by Lewis's fans since he announced his departure, claiming sponsors will follow him to Ferrari is the funniest thing. The same goes for the ridiculous idea that Mercedes will lose a bunch of engineers that Lewis is supposedly taking with him to Ferrari.

Yes, Lewis is probably the most marketable star in F1 today, and sure, social media engagement will dip slightly next year when he moves on. But the notion that Mercedes will lose a bunch of sponsors and suffer significant revenue drops is pure nonsense.

They won't lose a single sponsor. Puma will leave, but not because of Lewis. The deal they'll secure with Adidas is worth triple what Puma is currently paying.

Another sponsor Lewis's fans eagerly claimed would leave Mercedes was Tommy Hilfiger, but that rumor was debunked by Tommy themselves.

UBS also just renewed their sponsorship with Mercedes at the Singapore Grand Prix.