BrawnGP

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Re: BrawnGP

Of course, this present paint scheme has to be interimn, and whenever major sponsorship is realized, then expect something much different.
Racing should be decided on the track, not the court room.

Duda Soares
Duda Soares

Actually, I was thinking about they placed the decals in due to create less drag.

As i saw in offcial ferrari book, the decals are placed before the final layer of painting to don´t create drag.

What´s your opinion about it? I really don´t have shure

wesley123
wesley123

that can be true, alot of temas paint their sponsors on it to reduce drag, because then the paint is of the same thinckness everywhere
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Excellent interview with McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh. He mainly says that BGP is not an underdog, and with 16 months of development (and 4->2 wind tunnels) it is no surprise that they are faster than almost everyone else. And while Honda dropped the 2008 car development in favor of the '09 one, McLaren "were doing other things like winning world championships."
:arrow: Autosport - Whitmarsh: Brawn GP not an underdog

Regarding the Virgin decal on top of the monocoque, I think it should be be facing the airbox camera, so that you can read it during on board shots. What's the point of having it face forward?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

shir0

mx_tifosi wrote:...BGP is not an underdog, and with 16 months of development (and 4->2 wind tunnels) it is no surprise that they are faster than almost everyone else. And while Honda dropped the 2008 car development in favor of the '09 one, McLaren "were doing other things like winning world championships."
I call it sour-graping, team principal-style. Welcome to the world of team principals, Mr. Whitmarsh! :mrgreen:
"Fortunately I've got a bag with dry ice in [my suit], which I put next to my balls, so at least they stay nice and cool!"- Sebastian Vettel, 2009 Malaysian GP Friday Practice.

Belatti
Belatti

It is said that Virgin will be title sponsor of Brawn inset of buying it.

If I was Ross, I would be very concerned :-s

I would not like my team to be called virgin + my name :lol:
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

It think he speaks for many of us who feel the same way. Theres no doubt about BGP's past. They did have some troubles over the winter, being for sale the only major one, but overall it was a subtle transition. Honda continued R&D up until a few weeks ago when management bought the team. And with 700+ employees and a large budget there was/is little reason to call them an underdog, its the same old Honda team but with a different name and top management (which might make the biggest difference).

It's about time Honda delivered, even if not under their official name.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Conceptual
Conceptual

I still think that Brawn should put Honda's name on the car somewhere... Even as a RIP moniker!

alelanza
alelanza

Alejandro L.

alelanza
alelanza

mx_tifosi wrote: but with a different name and top management (which might make the biggest difference).
I've always felt that way. I also recall during the weekend Ross implying how long he had to wait for a decision from Honda, and he didn't seem to be talking just about the team's sale.
Alejandro L.

KJM3
KJM3

RacingManiac wrote:
KJM3 wrote:
Michiba wrote:
Now if Brawn can add KERS. Everyone better run for cover.

- KJ

Or not, since much of the advantage I think was that right now they are not worried about KERS, they can work on getting the balance right. With KERS they'd have to sacrifice some of that....and I'd classify Jensen as the same size as Kubica, so KERS might not do him much good...
Brawn had said that they would run the mechanical KERS which is much lighter and would not have the same weight distribution problems as the "Battery Version" of KERS everyone else is running.

- KJ

vasia
vasia

Kudos to Brawn, and a huge egg on the face for Honda. The fact that Brawn made history in Australia is absolutely embarrassing for Honda. Falling sales and the state of the world economy is no excuse for pulling out of the sport.

Very interesting details and innovations on the Brawn machine.

I eagerly await to see how the Brawn machine performs in the coming races against the competition.

Also it's very embarassing and an egg in the face to the FIA as well as the KERS-equipped teams; the fastest cars in the Australia race did not have KERS. Both Toyota cars stormed from the rear of the grid with no KERS, and Brawn stayed at the front with no KERS. Vettel and Kubica also kept chase with no KERS.

Certainly KERS may prove a bit more useful on other tracks, but it can also be even more of a detriment on certain tracks too.

I must agree with Pascal Vasselon that (currently) on most tracks KERS will not provide an actual performance gain, all things considered. I don't expect this to change unless teams make tremendous progress in terms of their KERS systems.

xpensive
xpensive

Either way, Brawn GP robbed me of an exotic meal when they raced a diffuser which was against the spirit of the rules. Who could have guessed four month ago, that the chair of the technical arm of FOTA would be the one to spearhead such a devious circumvention of the rules? Shame!

As a consequence, I hereby unilaterily declare my wager void.

Besides, yellow-haired men do not belong in an F1 paddock, MrE sets a good standard to follow in that respect.
:lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

EAKMotorsports
EAKMotorsports

timbo wrote:
Scotracer wrote:Just a little detective work:

- Honda stated their 2008 engine was ">700BHP"
- Mclaren never disclosed a figure but it was definitely 750BHP+ @ 19,000rpm
- If their 2009 engine is 70BHP more powerful than their 2008 engine that makes the minimum power of 770BHP @ 18,000rpm
- The 1000rpm drop reduces peak power by around 25BHP (Ferrari figure too) so that would make the 2008 Mclaren V8 at 805BHP minimum

That is a hell of a lot from a 2.4 V10 which is rev limited...
I fail to see how 770+25 equals 805 HP. Still, 795 is good.

wow. I wish to have an list with all engines.
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

Brawn GP to shed 270 jobs.. :cry:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74097

I'm very sorry for all those people who've helped in the team's historic tale, who now face being out of a job. Best of luck to you.

If anything, all the team members should have their name on the car somewhere in dedication to their hard work and the excellent job they've done on this car.
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners