2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
nimoraca
nimoraca

Re: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

I still can't wrap my had around the fact that even though he could see that he was up after sector two, he still pushed extremally hard in the last sector. Surely he could have gone just a little easier and still be a tenth or two up.
On the side note, what a weird strategy by Mercs going for a long stint on a single set of tires and setting the fastest times on third attempt.

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

That is such a frustrating crash. It was such an incredible lap up until that point. If only he didn't go too hard into there. I'm just praying that Gearbox is fine

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

max_speed wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 20:10
Gutted.. gutted.. can not believe. He is almost crying. Lewis luck never dries out.
A bit of a stretch calling it luck when Max obviously made a mistake that cost him pole.

proteus

Magicsenna_41 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 20:05
Crashtappen!!! Full mode.
Haters gonna hate.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

ringo

The pressure is showing!!
Max just need to know how to manage his risks.
The lap was looking crazy and magical, but you could see the red mist took ovee just a little much. The redbull id working well here and has no weakness. Its a shame.

If this were Hamilton you would hear he made too many errors this year and he is no good and its car.
But this was the hugest error of the whole season in arguably the easiest pole to take with 4 tenths in his pockey and Max binned it!

I am sad for the redbull team because the car was working well and so was the alpha tauris. But im also glad for the championship. Max still can jump bottas from the start and fight lewis assuming he doesnt need another new gearbox.

But again had this been Lewis!!
:o

Max needs to care more and cut the i dont care if i win or lose crap. He could have easily been more conscious and calmed down and manage the lock up. Looks like he just braked too late into the last corner.
For Sure!!

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

adrianjordan wrote:
Just looking at the grid, only Norris and LeClerc would be an issue to get past for him to get back to 3rd if it does need a new box. You'd expect the Alphas and Perez to jump out of his way.
True but 3rd puts Hamilton ahead going into the last race. That would mean Verstappen would need to completely alter his wheel to wheel mindset Vs Hamilton.

politburo
politburo

max_speed wrote:
Gutted.. gutted.. can not believe. He is almost crying. Lewis luck never dries out.
I was just hoping no lockups or other funny stuff, really wanted to see how good the lap would be. This could be the championship-deciding moment, starting behind two faster cars on the same strategy.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

adrianjordan wrote:
Just looking at the grid, only Norris and LeClerc would be an issue to get past for him to get back to 3rd if it does need a new box. You'd expect the Alphas and Perez to jump out of his way.
True but 3rd puts Hamilton ahead going into the last race. That would mean Verstappen would need to completely alter his wheel to wheel mindset Vs Hamilton.

Roo
Roo

max_speed wrote:

How is that luck? LH gets a fast lap, over to MV, MV was fast, MVs push was too much.

mzivtins
mzivtins

max_speed wrote:
How in earth can you call someone elses actions, Hamilton luck? Luck is how randomness falls, not someones actions.

It's almost like witchcraft.

Big Tea

Anyone have a clip of the flag incident?
I did not see it, but surely if he passed a flag without complying it is a slam dunk, no matter why the flag was out. Just as for Max last time. It has to be consistent.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jolle
Jolle

max_speed wrote:
Don’t know if you can all it Hamilton’s luck. More like Verstappen took to much risk. He almost hit the barriers twice during that lap. You can only take a certain amount of risk on a track like this before it bites back. Bit like Monaco.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

politburo wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 20:08
JordanMugen wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 20:05
Is that Verstappen's Mark Webber Korea moment? It doesn't seem terribly clever for Verstappen to have hit the throttle too early, when he had already messed up that hairpin already.

Oh well, "that's motor racing." :)
Agree, took an unnecessary risk. This was his only chance, to start 1st. Ham race pace is insane man.
I wouldn’t be so sure about the race pace. I’ve read that Hamilton has everything from half a second to a second advantage, but that is nowhere near the truth. Given the tyre temp problems and the few laps driven in practice, I would say today is more representative. Merc needs to have a clean start and a couple of laps to heat the tyres tomorrow, otherwise Max will fly past.

Spacepace

That lap was on a knife edge

Spacepace

That lap was on a knife edge