2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Re: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

DChemTech wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 22:03
mzivtins wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 21:45

You can't have seen all the information and the stewards response.

There was no yellow flag scenario at all, the board flashing once for less than 1 second does not mean the course in in a yellow state, as they explained.

You are ignoring facts for your own opinion, how can you oenalize someone for ignoring yellow flags if there were no yellow flags?
Did you see the onboard?
When Lewis was driving past, there was consistently a flashing yellow.
The driver cannot know if that will be gone in a second or will last for 10 seconds,
The driver cannot know if it is local or full course,
The driver cannot know if there is a stranded car ahead or not,
But, by the mere fact that a yellow is being displayed, the drivers should, at that moment, regardless how long it lasts, anticipate danger and act accordingly. That's all there is to it.

The situations between Max last time and Lewis this time are completely the same. There was a show of a yellow through one communication channel (even though in hindsight there was no specific reason for it to be shown) while they were passing, and they did not respond. The information between different channels was not consistent. Yet one was penalized and the other was not.
Can you post this video please? All I’ve seen is a yellow flash on several hundred meters away and then turn off. I’ve not seen Hamilton pass a yellow flag or signal.

hugobos

For the max yellow the team was also part in the stewards decision for not informing Max.
Also the stewards mention this on the yellow for Max.
5. The driver ( Max ) acknowledged his awareness of the presence of Car 10 on the right side of the track. Having seen a disabled car, it is reasonable to expect, as was the case of the driver of Car 55, that there was a potential danger and that a yellow flag situation probably existed and therefore to take the appropriate action (i.e. to reduce speed).
How can you compare these two situations when a light blinks on and off in a second , to not reducing speed past a stranded car under yellow ? Thy are totally different.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced

Seerix
Seerix

DChemTech wrote:
mzivtins wrote:

There was no yellow flag scenario at all, the board flashing once for less than 1 second does not mean the course in in a yellow state, as they explained.

You are ignoring facts for your own opinion, how can you oenalize someone for ignoring yellow flags if there were no yellow flags?
Did you see the onboard?
The driver cannot know if that will be gone in a second or will last for 10 seconds,
But, by the mere fact that a yellow is being displayed, the drivers should, at that moment, regardless how long it lasts, anticipate danger and act accordingly. That's all there is to it.

The situations between Max last time and Lewis this time are completely the same. There was a show of a yellow through one communication channel (even though in hindsight there was no specific reason for it to be shown) while they were passing, and they did not respond. The information between different channels was not consistent. Yet one was penalized and the other was not.
"on-board video clearly shows there was no yellow flag displayed, no yellow lights were displayed to that driver and the yellow warning light was not visible on the driver’s steering wheel." quoting official verdict. There really is nothing else to add.

DChemTech
DChemTech

bonjon1979 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 22:09
DChemTech wrote:
mzivtins wrote:

Did you see the onboard?

Can you post this video please? All I’ve seen is a yellow flash on several hundred meters away and then turn off. I’ve not seen Hamilton pass a yellow flag or signal.
https://youtu.be/f9vuUsZZf5E

The panel is visibly flashing between seconds 8 and 10, and is still doing so as the car passes.

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

I still think Hamilton will be penalized somehow before the race but only if RedBull is forced to change the gearbox for Max.
Hope you get the logic behind...

jurinius
jurinius

Hammerfist wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 21:42
GerryTT wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 21:29
If Verstappen finishes fourth and wins Abu Dhabi with Hamilton taking only 1 fastest lap point in the last two races, Verstappen still is champion. So take the gearbox penalty and go for fourth and let’s have a real final in Abu Dhabi.
With my math even if Hamilton takes 2 fastest lap points he will still lose the title if he wins Jeddah and Max was to finish 4th. Because then they would be equal on points and Verstappen wins the WDC because he would have more race wins. So Hamilton still the underdog even if Max does not win tomorrow. And in fact, I doubt Max will finsih worse than third anyway. So Hamilton still needs to win the next 2 races to assure the title most likely.
If Mercedes is thinking as winners, I am sure they've removed mathematical win scenarios from theirs minds since Brazil. This Championship is about winning all the remaining races. Start calculating is just a pure distraction with an opponent like Redbull this season.
“And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension.”
― Ayrton Senna

Algatros70
Algatros70

DChemTech wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 22:12
bonjon1979 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

Did you see the onboard?

The panel is visibly flashing between seconds 8 and 10, and is still doing so as the car passes.
It's not a yellow flag, that is a white.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

DChemTech wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

Did you see the onboard?

Panel is flashing. Looks white to me?

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Anyway, red bull aren’t protesting so there can’t be anything there

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Anyway, red bull aren’t protesting so there can’t be anything there

DChemTech
DChemTech

bonjon1979 wrote:
04 Dec 2021, 22:18
DChemTech wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:

Looks yellow to me. If it's white, then I'm mistaken.

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

DChemTech wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

Did you see the onboard?

Its the traffic light on the parallel road 🤭
Seriously I think there is right after the defective panel a marshall waving a flag. But think its white for the slow car ahead.

DoubleBargeboard
DoubleBargeboard

White flashing panel to warn of the slow moving cars (x2)

nimoraca
nimoraca

bonjon1979 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:

It looks to be a signal for the slow car ahead.

Big Tea

bonjon1979 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:

Me too. Maybe there should be a shape as well as a colour, or is it just the cameras bleaching it out?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.