2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Starkblood80
Starkblood80

Re: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

djones wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:03
The onboard from Max shows erratic movements, but also potentially a stamp on the brakes which can be heard in the audio.

The telemetry shows a stamp on the brakes right before impact.

Only another Brazil style cover-up will stop this being a grid drop at the next race.
Where have you seen the telemetry?

Big Tea

djones wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:11
Big Tea wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:07
djones wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:03
The onboard from Max shows erratic movements, but also potentially a stamp on the brakes which can be heard in the audio.

The telemetry shows a stamp on the brakes right before impact.

Only another Brazil style cover-up will stop this being a grid drop at the next race.
I usually prefer fairness, but do we really want a grid drop for one of the drivers?
This is what we have been asking for. Head to head winner take all.
Cant wait for next week, forget what the team principles say, this is man v man (and teams of course)
I think one of the big problems here (and the reason there needs to be punishment) is the dodgy moves and things like Brazil are an intent to cause a DNF.

Max (or any driver) should not be allowed to do this kind of thing, especially when a DNF is a net win for him.
Yeh, there is 'bending the rule' and being way over. As spoken of above, I don't play football, but rugby has a similar touchline rule. I have many times 'given' the ball to an opponent them barged them over the line to gain a penalty.
It is not what the rule was intended for, but is used that way. Some of Max moves fall into this area, and the interpretation is vital to a result. Do I like it, no, Would I do it, yes
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

djones
djones

I'm not sure if it's fake. But at the moment as it backs up what Toto said I'm working on the basis its accurate.
Last edited by djones on 06 Dec 2021, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.

Mogster

What did Lambiase mean when he said “we didn’t need to do that”.

The audios are heavily delayed, was he referring to the original incident or the fact that RBR thought letting Lewis through then passing again straight away with DRS was acceptable?

TwanV
TwanV

Intent to cause a dnf.. really? Is '94 still hurting? Because the only two non mechanical dnfs by ves this year were caused by collisions with the mercs at fault. Brazil is a strange case yes, but you can't blame max for trying if the FIA can accept; no contact there though.
Last edited by TwanV on 06 Dec 2021, 00:25, edited 3 times in total.

Jolle
Jolle

Apart from this incident, the way Verstappen is handeling being overtaken. I liked his “all in” approach before. But of elbows, searching for the edge. But the last few races he just straight drives you off the track if you pass him. He doesn’t even hide it anymore. Even when someone is a full car in front of him, he just drives straight on.

Not a way to become champion.

rb88
rb88

This is by far, the most ridiculous driving I have ever seen in my life of any driver since 1992.

Max is just beyond insane, doesn't know where the limit is, nothing. He's a spoilt, abused (by his father) little brat that really has to mature and learn to know when he's lost. He's insanely quick, and if he actually manages to lose the championship, it's on himself, for not knowing when to back off and live another day, which really is what Lewis has been doing all race long today.
Last edited by rb88 on 06 Dec 2021, 00:25, edited 1 time in total.

TwanV
TwanV

Hmm its clutching at straws yes, but does he have any choice with the overspeed of the Mercedes at this point?

Big Tea

Jolle wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:21
Apart from this incident, the way Verstappen is handeling being overtaken. I liked his “all in” approach before. But of elbows, searching for the edge. But the last few races he just straight drives you off the track if you pass him. He doesn’t even hide it anymore. Even when someone is a full car in front of him, he just drives straight on.

There are not 'nice champions' or 'nasty champions' just champions. As long as he is far enough inside the line to be legal, it counts. There are of course nice people who have been campion and right 2@s that have, but champion is a title. Get the title then make your mark
Edit( look back at some of Schumacher's or Senna's races)
Last edited by Big Tea on 06 Dec 2021, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

Mad Max trending on twitter says it all!

rb88
rb88

TwanV wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:23
Hmm its clutching at straws yes, but does he have any choice with the overspeed of the Mercedes at this point?
What's overspeed worth if you just drive them off the track all the time?

Jolle
Jolle

TwanV wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:23
So… because Hamilton is faster at this point, running him off track is a viable option to win?

El Scorchio

Jolle wrote:

It’s not racing. Pure and simple. It’s a game of chicken. ‘You move out of the way or we crash.’ Knowing he’s advantaged if Hamilton or both of them DNF. If he wasn’t leading the championship he wouldn’t be behaving like this at all.

There should be no place for it in the sport. So disappointing.

search

ArcticWolfie wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:07
Mogster wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:02
Jolle wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 23:56

It’s quite clear here that Verstappen slows down, then slows down even more and moves to the middle of the track. Not intentionally to cause a collision but very dangerous driving.
Why did Max slow, move right then move back to the middle of the track? If you genuinely wanted to comply you’d stay right then there’s no confusion.

I do think Lewis probably had another VSC in his mind.
So it's Hamilton's fault after all =D>
pretty sure Verstappen wanted him to overtake before the DRS line, Hamilton tried to shoot past just after it. Idiotic driving from both, but it probably doesn't need a penalty for this incident

Big Tea

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:28
Jolle wrote:

It’s not racing. Pure and simple. It’s a game of chicken. ‘You move out of the way or we crash.’ Knowing he’s advantaged if Hamilton or both of them DNF. If he wasn’t leading the championship he wouldn’t be behaving like this at all.

There should be no place for it in the sport. So disappointing.
Where as I 100% agree with you, it is the way Senna did it. Unless the rule says otherwise it is a valued tactic.
I dont like it, bit it is