2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Brenton
Brenton

Re: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

the poster below wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:42
Well it's up. Offence for causing a collision on 33.
Thanks, where can we find this?

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

djones
djones

So the official result is he DID brake test Lewis.

But in the interests of not actually punishing Max he has a 10 second penalty. As in….. no penalty.

ringo

I think what's not good for the sport is the idea that if you run of out talent or your car is not fast enough, you can end another team's race.
It should not stand in F1. The sport is about building the faster car and having the fastest driver and the best team and winning on those merits.
Crashing an opponent out defeats any sense of competition. Why build a fast car to run relaibly for the racd and a top team, if some kid is going to crash into your car to end your race?

F1 is not a contact sport like nfl or rugby so it has no place for drivers like Max who are making the sport out to be one where crashing into others is a legitimate way to compete.

Winning this way doesnt make you the fastest driver or makes your team the best team. It's ugly and shouldnt be tolerated.

Gonna say this again But Max should get a race ban or a 10 place penalty for brake testing.
It makes no sense race with him in the final. He has show he has run out of talent and is not worthy to compete on skill or fair game.
For Sure!!

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

so he did brake test Lewis, sudden 69bar brake pressure resulting in 2.4g decel. what a dirty driver that guy is. 10 seconds is light imo for a clear attempt to cause an accident.

mzivtins
mzivtins

djones wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:46

But in the interests of not actually punishing Max he has a 10 second penalty. As in….. no penalty.
I feel like the bigger penalty is it being official that max brake checked another driver, that is shocking behaviour and should lose him a lot of fans and drivers will be outspoken against this, so that is far more damaging to the driver than a pen at this point (pen doesn't change position)

Jolle
Jolle

TwanV wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:44
Common Jolle, in Melbourne sure, but the championship is on the line and both teams are squeezing every marginal gain. There is no problem as max gave the place back. And I'm fine with that, and would be dissapointed if max wouldve just lifted, wouldn't you?
It’s being a sore looser. Trying to bully your competitors in not making a move on you because you are going to drive them off track.

isullivan
isullivan

Fia is just messed up, they can't even be consistent race to race, corner to corner. After Brasil he gets 5 place grid penalty but now he gets 10s time penalty (deservingly or not) that doesn't matter at all

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Mchamilton wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:49
so he did brake test Lewis, sudden 69bar brake pressure resulting in 2.4g decel. what a dirty driver that guy is. 10 seconds is light imo for a clear attempt to cause an accident.
Theyve we got to appeal that, surely, it’s no penalty for max. It never is. You can’t overtake him because he just drives you off the road, brake tests, he is an absolute disgrace.

ringo

mzivtins wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:50
djones wrote:

I feel like the bigger penalty is it being official that max brake checked another driver, that is shocking behaviour and should lose him a lot of fans and drivers will be outspoken against this, so that is far more damaging to the driver than a pen at this point (pen doesn't change position)
His fans will say Hamilton frightened Max by coming into his mirrors and Max applied 69 bar and 51g to the brakes as a reflex. The redbull has the worst brakes on the grid so Max has to brake harder than the brakes can brake to slow the car. :roll: Hamilton's dirty mind games!!
For Sure!!

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

isullivan wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:51
Fia is just messed up, they can't even be consistent race to race, corner to corner. After Brasil he gets 5 place grid penalty but now he gets 10s time penalty (deservingly or not) that doesn't matter at all
The dirty bastard didn't get anything for Brazil, his 5 place grid penalty was because he ignored flags in qualification in Qatar.

He got off Scott free which is a disgrace, you can't race him because he will crash into you. He's the lowest of the low

mzivtins
mzivtins

ringo wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:55
mzivtins wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 00:50
djones wrote:

His fans will say Hamilton frightened Max by coming into his mirrors and Max applied 69 bar and 51g to the brakes as a reflex. The redbull has the worst brakes on the grid so Max has to brake harder than the brakes can brake to slow the car. :roll: Hamilton's dirty mind games!!
That is true there are some die hards, but for tjose on the fence like me, where I really didn't think a penalty was needed as I just thought it was crazy confusion... The facts mean I have to now concede and say max was wrong and deserved the penalty.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

I said they would not effect the championship to my wife. I was right.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Usually I am glad when a team I like wins, but Verstappen's appalling behaviour just puts a cloud over it all. Terrible day for F1, even if he got the penalties.

mwillems

Verstappen has always existed in the grey area of the rules and probably always will. He is very fast and very talented, but it is hard to respect someone who doesn't have the balls to recognise when he's going to lose and just races like a brat on Codemasrers F1 game.

I don't support Hamilton and still don't, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit