2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: 2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Jeddah, Dec 03 - 05

It's a joke, Max has been given carte blanche at every opportunity to do whatever he likes this season, and then Lewis gets a warning for running max wide on a corner? After Max running the pair of them 10 car lengths off the road a couple tracks ago and that being fine.

Masi is an absolute joke of a race director.
Last edited by PhillipM on 06 Dec 2021, 02:07, edited 1 time in total.

AngusF1
AngusF1

littlebigcat wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 02:00
It would be interesting to know what penalty Verstappen would have gotten if that was sim racing.
Yes, even in casual non-competition sim servers, driving like that will get you a multi-day ban. LMAO at this point, very unimpressed.

radosav
radosav

Bill_Kar wrote:
There is no bottom for FIA, really.

What the heck are they doing? Max (according to them) caused a collision by brake-checking LH and he's handed a convenient 10-sec penalty? After all his shenanigans today??

So, Masi can tell to Mercedes "There, I penalized Verstappen twice, I'm not incompetent" and we're supposed to say OK? And fuel Red Bull's story that they are getting slammed for "fair and tough fighting"??

Jesus.
Hmm, and why Lewis followed Max so close behind, he had room on left to overtake, or just position his car on left side without overtaking him? Because he didn't wan't to give Max DRS . They both played that game, just Max being more guilty than Lewis so he got penalty.
But saying poor Lewis got confused and hit bad Max is laughable .

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

radosav wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 02:09
Exactly.

Which is why nobody is saying that.

Which is why the stewards gave Max a time penalty and two points on his super license for his brake checking that caused the collision.

PlatinumZealot

El Scorchio wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 21:58
I would hugely prefer there is never another F1 race at this track. Not fit for purpose.
What is there not to like? I loved it!!
Basically a high speed singapore. The drivers were the "problem" more than the track. And then the "problems" were entertaining. The only thing I would change is to put better access for the mashalls to enter the track, and maybe some gravel. I love the flow and sensation of speed! Awesome track!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Airshifter

As expected this race created a lot of drama. When you provide every chance for safety cars, VSCs, and red flags then they will tend to take place.

As for the regs, penalties, punishments, etc..... the FIA have created their own mess and now have to deal with it. Like anything else in F1, teams and drivers will take every inch of grey area they can find. And that is exactly what we are seeing this year.

This track will continue to be a train wreck in the future most likely. It looks great to drive but too much potential for things that slow the race down or stop it, and really not much on track racing to speak of.

Take away the tight title fight at the front, and all the drama caused by it, and this would have been terribly boring.

Phil

I wonder what penalty he had gotten if Hamilton had suffered a DNF as a result of running into the back of him….
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

siskue2005

I am actually mythed how Lewis even managed to finish this race tbh. 3 seperate take out attempts, front wing collision, being sandwiched with Ocon. Guy still pumping in FLs in the closing stages.

No wonder Max has lost the plot.

siskue2005

Phil wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 02:15
I wonder what penalty he had gotten if Hamilton had suffered a DNF as a result of running into the back of him….
The same penalty

rb88
rb88

radosav wrote:
Bill_Kar wrote:
There is no bottom for FIA, really.

What the heck are they doing? Max (according to them) caused a collision by brake-checking LH and he's handed a convenient 10-sec penalty? After all his shenanigans today??

So, Masi can tell to Mercedes "There, I penalized Verstappen twice, I'm not incompetent" and we're supposed to say OK? And fuel Red Bull's story that they are getting slammed for "fair and tough fighting"??

Jesus.
Hmm, and why Lewis followed Max so close behind, he had room on left to overtake, or just position his car on left side without overtaking him? Because he didn't wan't to give Max DRS . They both played that game, just Max being more guilty than Lewis so he got penalty.
Get a grip man. With so much VSC, SC, VSC incidents, the leader backing off without any warning from his own team whatsoever, in THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACK, you're bound to just slot in behind. The steward's decision tells the rest of the story. You can't spin this.

Jolle
Jolle

There is one aspect nobody touches spin yet. This happened twice before. Rosberg and Vettel. This relentless pressure from Hamilton already destroyed two opponents. One is sitting at the beach and one poodling around at the back. Don’t underestimate what a hunting Hamilton does to your mental health

radosav
radosav

GrizzleBoy wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 02:12
radosav wrote:
Exactly.

Which is why nobody is saying that.

Which is why the stewards gave Max a time penalty and two points on his super license for his brake checking that caused the collision.
I am fine with penalty, but giving one driver penalty doesn't make other driver innocent, or this case clear black and white.
Truth is very gray, and they both hold their part of responsibility, with FIA included.🤷

siskue2005

Jolle wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 02:19
There is one aspect nobody touches spin yet. This happened twice before. Rosberg and Vettel. This relentless pressure from Hamilton already destroyed two opponents. One is sitting at the beach and one poodling around at the back. Don’t underestimate what a hunting Hamilton does to your mental health
True, and countless other drivers who didn't make it, like Paul Di resta :lol:

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Jolle wrote:
Horner has been doing a lot of press saying Verstappen isn't affected by it. The podium says otherwise

rb88
rb88

Jolle wrote:
What about Alonso in Hungary 2007? :D =D>