2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McL-H
McL-H

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Great job by Lando. I hope we can end this season with 1 final podium tomorrow.

On another note, I saw a video today in which our drivers are pushing fans to take a vaccin. I do not want to ramble up a Covid discussion here, as I believe it has no place in sports. But I do want to express my anger in the team (and whole of F1) for involving themselves in a discussion they have no part in.

Do not expose me to a political agenda while I am trying to enjoy my time watching sports, escaping from the daily stress of the real world and the anxiety that comes with it.

JPower
JPower

Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:15
It's a pity. From when Ferrari upgraded their engines for the first time in Sochi we were faster in 5 out of 7 and yet we are denied the championship due to unfortunate reasons and driver mistakes.
How do you quantify that? Ferrari was quicker in Turkey, USA, Brazil, Mexico, and SA by my book.

McLaren did have some very unfortunate circumstances though.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Mclaren have always been involved in health and care, it's why they do so much for kids with mental health issues and other things, it's been a big part of their ethos for a long time.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Brazil and Mexico I believe we were faster. Lando was ahead before T1 at Brazil and Dan was looking to overtake both Ferrari's who were two stopping before his car issue.

As for Mexico Dan was ahead of both Ferrari's before he clipped Bottas and we would have been hard to pass there.

JPower
JPower

runningmanz wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:35
Brazil and Mexico I believe we were faster. Lando was ahead before T1 at Brazil and Dan was looking to overtake both Ferrari's who were two stopping before his car issue.

As for Mexico Dan was ahead of both Ferrari's before he clipped Bottas and we would have been hard to pass there.
Better starts does not mean faster.

Darth-Piekus

JPower wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:29
Darth-Piekus wrote:
It's a pity. From when Ferrari upgraded their engines for the first time in Sochi we were faster in 5 out of 7 and yet we are denied the championship due to unfortunate reasons and driver mistakes.
How do you quantify that? Ferrari was quicker in Turkey, USA, Brazil, Mexico, and SA by my book.

I would say except USA and Mexico Lando Norris made mistakes to all the rest during qualifying that cost him time and he had the ability to start in front of them. I usually compare our faster driver with their faster driver and what they can do at their best without mistakes.

runningmanz
runningmanz

JPower wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:40
runningmanz wrote:

Nor does it rule it out given how close we were to Ferrari in qualli and our usual stronger race pace over qualli.

JPower
JPower

runningmanz wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:59
JPower wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:40
runningmanz wrote:

Nor does it rule it out given how close we were to Ferrari in qualli and our usual stronger race pace over qualli.
Again, you need to quantify to make a claim of "faster out of 5 of 7 races since Sochi" and there's nothing to back it up.

JPower
JPower

Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:48
JPower wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:

I would say except USA and Mexico Lando Norris made mistakes to all the rest during qualifying that cost him time and he had the ability to start in front of them. I usually compare our faster driver with their faster driver and what they can do at their best without mistakes.
You're making the assumption that all laps finished by the Ferrari drivers in qualifying were without mistake. Don't see how that's possible.

CjC
CjC

Top job by Lando to get P3👍🏻
What is the Mclaren launch and on soft tyres do for the championship battle?🙈
Just a fan's point of view

adrianjordan

McL-H wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:23
Great job by Lando. I hope we can end this season with 1 final podium tomorrow.

On another note, I saw a video today in which our drivers are pushing fans to take a vaccin. I do not want to ramble up a Covid discussion here, as I believe it has no place in sports. But I do want to express my anger in the team (and whole of F1) for involving themselves in a discussion they have no part in.

Do not expose me to a political agenda while I am trying to enjoy my time watching sports, escaping from the daily stress of the real world and the anxiety that comes with it.
It's not politics, it's public health during a global pandemic.

You're free to choose not to, but personally I'd care less about that than some of the sponsors that are in the sport these days selling vapes and the like.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Seerix
Seerix

No further action on RIC impeding.
Wow that lap from NOR came out of nowhere, great job.

Darth-Piekus

JPower wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 17:19
Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Dec 2021, 16:48
JPower wrote:

You're making the assumption that all laps finished by the Ferrari drivers in qualifying were without mistake. Don't see how that's possible.
That is true. Not every lap by Ferrari was top but they were consistent in Q3. Our drivers weren't though consistent in Q3 many times and that comes from Lando himself admitting of making mistakes that cost him starting higher up. Personally I am 100% sure that if Mclaren started higher than Ferrari they would have had an advantage over Ferrari passing them due to the Mercedes top speed making the much faster Red Bull and Mercedes cars unable to pass them in similar situations.

Balalu
Balalu

The pressure on Lando if he disturbs the championship battle in a wrongful way (incidents)..... 😶
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

nevill3

Max and Lewis clash and Lando wins..........That would be a dream ending to this season. How many points do we need to jump Ferrari??
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978