2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 15:01
I’ve loved seeing Landos development over the last couple of years. He’s had the fortune of Sainz who I absolutely rate as a thinking man’s driver. Knowing how to set up the car. Landos raw talent has always been undeniable but he has developed so so much. This year he has stepped in every single department, race craft/speed/leadership and bite whilst maintaining his likeable characteristics.

Ric has a real job on his hands to get on terms with him. Let’s hope for all our sakes he gets his act together in 2022 and they both get a car deserving of their talent
I agree… It has been a breakout year for Lando and has showed enough to be included in the conversation of future “greats” in F1

blastdoman
blastdoman

Lando has no pace :(

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

blastdoman wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 15:08
Lando has no pace :(
Yeah, he seems to be struggling a bit, although he seem to settling now… The car just doesn’t like to be too close to the car in front and that’s why he seems to be struggling… But he is finally settling a couple of seconds from Sainz.

At the start, he just avoided Max and broke a bit early and that cost him.

Darth-Piekus

Is Lando having Gearbox problems? He says that he is losing gears.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Yes… he is having some issues and losing gears

Darth-Piekus

He is unlucky. Losing a place just to avoid lunging Verstappen and then losing gears from time to time. Oh well. Just enjoy the race.

It was not fair for Kimi to end that last race on a DNF.

Noooo.Lando had a puncture. He is now 10th. I think he may have lost a place from Sainz.

Ok two things. Lando might be lucky and starts a full attack with fresh tyres to at least get to Sainz. Second that Verstappen is so lucky. Seriously with those mediocre drivers. They screwed Lewis. Will he make it?

blastdoman
blastdoman

Sainz wins lol?

Darth-Piekus

I am speechless. It's a super set up by the FIA. Verstappen does not deserve that championship. This is a pile of BS.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 12 Dec 2021, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.

Balalu
Balalu

WTF.....
"I showed him [with my hands] and said: I have bigger balls!” - Mika Hakkinen

Darth-Piekus

I am sorry. If I was Mercedes I would have made an appeal. It was a set up. Why were only 5 cars allowed to pass? What the hell? They stole that championship from Hamilton.

chrisgr
chrisgr

What happened... they let only 5 cars to overtake? only those car between hamilton and verstappen? what....?

Anyway, thank god it is over. That guy Norris...he should get an award for "unluckiness" for the second half of the year. :D

Darth-Piekus

chrisgr wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 16:49
What happened... they let only 5 cars to overtake? only those car between hamilton and verstappen? what....?

Anyway, thank god it is over. That guy Norris...he should get an award for "unluckiness" for the second half of the year. :D
I am really speechless. They decided for Max Verstappen to be champion for 2021 today by any means nessesary. As a Mclaren fan I am against this kind of championship deciding factors. As for Norris he is very unlucky from Spa and after. Still good job so far.

Thank god it's over. Now let's see if James Key, Zak Brown and the team creates an innovative car that will rattle Hamilton and Verstappen cause I am positive that Lando will destroy both of them if you give him a car equal to theirs.

bauc

We were both more unlucky and slower than Ferrari in the last 5-6 races so I would like to congratulate Ferrari on their return to form and P3 in the championship.

Mclaren will be back much stronger next year! We will win again!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

diffuser

Darth-Piekus wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 16:57
chrisgr wrote:
12 Dec 2021, 16:49

I am really speechless. They decided for Max Verstappen to be champion for 2021 today by any means nessesary. As a Mclaren fan I am against this kind of championship deciding factors. As for Norris he is very unlucky from Spa and after. Still good job so far.

Thank god it's over. Now let's see if James Key, Zak Brown and the team creates an innovative car that will rattle Hamilton and Verstappen cause I am positive that Lando will destroy both of them if you give him a car equal to theirs.
Too much leeway in the rules. It's why this year has been such a mess. Ironically, the ending is fit the year.

I will add that the situation only happened cause Merc played it too conservatively. They should have pitted under the safety car and put softs on too.

blastdoman
blastdoman

I think the year has been generally quite positive although we have lost a position in the wcc.

It is assumed that Daniel Ricciardo was signed to take a step forward with respect to Carlos Sainz. Not only has this step not been taken but it has gone backwards in terms of driver performance.

Lando Norris:7.5
Daniel Ricciardo: 4