2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

AeroDynamic wrote:
05 Feb 2022, 22:34
For his driving and his own well-being, it’s good to see him in a positive headspace. He needs it to rejuvenate himself after Abu Dhabi and look at 2022 with the vitality of a hungry winner with eagerness to go for it. He will need it against his teammate George and definitely anyone else in Ferrari, Alpine, Red Bull etc

For him not returning is like expecting no day after a night. 😁 Who is actually surprised?
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

AeroDynamic

proteus wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 11:06
AeroDynamic wrote:
For his driving and his own well-being, it’s good to see him in a positive headspace. He needs it to rejuvenate himself after Abu Dhabi and look at 2022 with the vitality of a hungry winner with eagerness to go for it. He will need it against his teammate George and definitely anyone else in Ferrari, Alpine, Red Bull etc

For him not returning is like expecting no day after a night. 😁 Who is actually surprised?
I think it was always going to be a ‘surprise’ whenever he returned his presence; but not because people didn’t expect him to ever come back, but because he had been absent and silent during a controversial experience. Whenever he did inevitably return, it’s was going to be a small surprise in the sense where you’d say ‘oh snap, Lewis is back now.’ With the inevitable intrigue of what he might have to say.

proteus

AeroDynamic wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 11:24
proteus wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

I think it was always going to be a ‘surprise’ whenever he returned his presence; but not because people didn’t expect him to ever come back, but because he had been absent and silent during a controversial experience. Whenever he did inevitably return, it’s was going to be a small surprise in the sense where you’d say ‘oh snap, Lewis is back now.’ With the inevitable intrigue of what he might have to say.
It is a surprise for those who chose it to be. But ofcourse he had his right to take a break and withdraw himself and recharge his batteries.

Stu

proteus wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 11:45
AeroDynamic wrote:
proteus wrote:

It is a surprise for those who chose it to be. But ofcourse he had his right to take a break and withdraw himself and recharge his batteries.
And that is a choice that he wouldn’t have been able to make had he achieved WDCx8!
Anyone that can recall the effect of ‘freshness’ on Michael Schumacher’ performance when he returned after breaking his leg at Silverstone in 1998 knows what to expect from Lewis in 2022.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

proteus

Stu wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 12:25
proteus wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

And that is a choice that he wouldn’t have been able to make had he achieved WDCx8!
Anyone that can recall the effect of ‘freshness’ on Michael Schumacher’ performance when he returned after breaking his leg at Silverstone in 1998 knows what to expect from Lewis in 2022.
You mean 99.

NathanOlder

proteus wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 12:55
Stu wrote:
proteus wrote:

You mean 99.
Indeed 98 was a shambles at Silverstone.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

proteus wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

I don't think many are surprised, as you say. But I know there will be more disappointed than surprised :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

wogx

Stu wrote:
Schumacher was 30 years old in 1999, Hamilton is 37 now. He's a post-COVID oldie
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Wouter

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 14:04
proteus wrote:
I don't think many are surprised, as you say. But I know there will be more disappointed than surprised :lol:
Why should people be disappointed or surprised? This week is the FIA meeting with all drivers and Lewis should definitely be there, so this weekend was the right time to get back on social media. A toddler could predict that.
The Power of Dreams!

Ryar

NathanOlder wrote:
proteus wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:
One can imagine the grief if wouldn't have and the drama that would have ensued in the aftermath. I am happy this is over and he is back. There is so much to look forward to in 2022. :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

Csmith1980
Csmith1980

Wouter wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 14:50
NathanOlder wrote:
proteus wrote:
Why should people be disappointed or surprised? This week is the FIA meeting with all drivers and Lewis should definitely be there, so this weekend was the right time to get back on social media. A toddler could predict that.
Because many of his detractors were hoping he wouldn’t return for 2022 so they are now disappointed by the fact it appears he will be racing after all

proteus

Csmith1980 wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 15:36
Wouter wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Because many of his detractors were hoping he wouldn’t return for 2022 so they are now disappointed by the fact it appears he will be racing after all
As i stated before - who is actually surprised? Noone with their right mind thought he will quit. Toto was the only one selling this delusions to the media and maybe to few naive people. He is back as he is supposed to be.

Csmith1980
Csmith1980

proteus wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 18:16
Csmith1980 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

As i stated before - who is actually surprised? Noone with their right mind thought he will quit. Toto was the only one selling this delusions to the media and maybe to few naive people. He is back as he is supposed to be.
My comment was addressing why some people would be disappointed.
I’m not sure it’s even true to say Toto was “selling this delusion to the media”. Personally I think it was all media hype

Ryar

proteus wrote:
06 Feb 2022, 18:16
Csmith1980 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Most people knew it was like, "Bono, my tyres are gone" kind of stuff. At least, I didn't for one second thought he won't be back. Having seen his public life for over a decade, one can say, losing a title probably wasn't the biggest issue of his life or career, regardless of the manner. It was predictable that he would be back, except for some clowns in British media, driven by ring Master Toto, who wanted to grab some eyeballs and clicks by creating a non existent sensation.
Hakuna Matata!

PlatinumZealot

Lewis never said he going to retire, and it wasn't the first time he went silent on social media either, but I guess creating a huge suspense kept the clicks going over the winter.

On Hamilton's side though, the isolation is always good to refocus oneself. You know like in the kungfu movies when the protagonist trains in the mountains for 5 years to come back ten times stronger? Yeah that kind of vibe. It will be a different Lewis we see this year. How different? We will have to wait and see.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 06 Feb 2022, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028