2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

bauc wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 13:56
djos wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 13:28
I dunno, the Malboro and West liveries were used for years and looked great the entire time to me.

Personally, I like the '21 livery.
I like current livery as well, I just want to see small fresh changes.... West & Vodafone liveries were great but they were also updated every year with small changes
Agreed, tweaks are good, but the overall theme shouldn't be thrown out every season.
"In downforce we trust"

Herr_Koos

Balalu wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 13:34
No need for major livery changes. The team should keep an identity with its image.
Agreed, but the Marlboro / West / Vodafone liveries hit on a design theme very early on which needed very little changing because it worked basically from the start. The Papaya / Blue scheme has been with us for a few years now, but it's changed a couple of times, and I don't feel like they've nailed the look just yet. The shape of the cars is changing quite a bit from this year on, so maybe this will be an opportunity to find the definitive orange / blue combo.

Lucky
Lucky

wogx

That orange is really vibrant! :D Maybe we will see a neon orange shade on their cars?
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Herr_Koos

Sooo.... Does that have an MCL36 inside as well as outside...? 8)

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

wogx wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 15:28
That orange is really vibrant! :D Maybe we will see a neon orange shade on their cars?
Apparently that's the Orange they're gonna use.. and yes, when I saw it.. I couldn't miss it.. yes it's me who took the pic, I was driving back from a client site visit. never expected to see that.

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Macklaren
Macklaren

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 17:46

Apparently that's the Orange they're gonna use.. and yes, when I saw it.. I couldn't miss it.. yes it's me who took the pic, I was driving back from a client site visit. never expected to see that.
Good spot! Do you remember what make of truck it was (now that McLaren's 5-year Volvo contract has ended?)
Also looks like a LOT more greyish black on both the truck and the merch. I think we will see more of that on the car as well (though Zak has already confirmed that it will not replace the blue)

f1rules
f1rules

That is interesting what it is doing there, is merc producing anything for their f1 program in Germany? Like mentioned windtunnel maybe? Or, which external company is it mclaren use for their complete car dyno test?

AVL i think the company is called, its in 8020 Graz, Austria, could that be it, its one of the offical main trucks, not their sec hand support trucks…

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

f1rules wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 20:38
That is interesting what it is doing there, is merc producing anything for their f1 program in Germany? Like mentioned windtunnel maybe? Or, which external company is it mclaren use for their complete car dyno test?

AVL i think the company is called, its in 8020 Graz, Austria, could that be it, its one of the offical main trucks, not their sec hand support trucks…
Not because of Mercedes… The team is still using the Toyota Wind Tunnel that is in Cologne, so probably a trip to work on the aero.

billamend
billamend

Stu

Macklaren wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 19:40
MercAMGF1Fans wrote:

Good spot! Do you remember what make of truck it was (now that McLaren's 5-year Volvo contract has ended?)
Also looks like a LOT more greyish black on both the truck and the merch. I think we will see more of that on the car as well (though Zak has already confirmed that it will not replace the blue)
I could be wrong , but that looks like a Mercedes tractor unit.

Yes, I am that sad.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Jolle
Jolle

Stu wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 22:01
Macklaren wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 19:40
MercAMGF1Fans wrote:

I could be wrong , but that looks like a Mercedes tractor unit.

Yes, I am that sad.
I think they know a guy that knows a guy at Mercedes trucks that does them a good deal

f1rules
f1rules

Aha from the lego box👍

Jolle
Jolle

f1rules wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 22:13
Aha from the lego box👍
oh, with the updated wheel nuts :P

Don't know what the lead time is for a lego product, but I imagine it's not short (they have no reason), so... any livery or photo's are done months ago, before anything is finalised at McLaren HQ.