2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ryar

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

AeroDynamic wrote: โ†‘
11 Feb 2022, 19:56
First Interview with Mercedes-AMG | Petronas Formula One Team ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿฝ

Finally, they have a driver whose oratory skills are an acceptable match to the likes of Allison, Shov, Vowels and Elliott. He should be doing some race debrief videos this year as those guys do for fans. :)
Hakuna Matata!

mstar
mstar

Anyone here think George will turn into mr corporate guy? the fresh faced "i will do anything you tell me to do mercedes marketing department" He is starting to turn into a moulded corporate driver.

AeroDynamic

Heโ€™s been that way for sometime. He blags people into perceiving him in this image of being ultra professional and corporate. And itโ€™s the right tool in the box for sponsors and accommodating the image of brands you represent.

But George is also playful and enjoys a bit of banter like myself, heโ€™s just not expressing that part of himself in these sort of videos. My only criticism about this is that he does come off ever so slightly as being over self conscious about being professional. You donโ€™t want to come off as trying a little too hard and being a puppet of a bigger machine. You want to be yourself.

Out of all the drivers from the new generation, At the moment I think Leclerc, Norris, and Vettel have the best balance. Daniel is a bit too clown like, Verstappen is a bit too loose with the lips, George is a bit too contained and corporate.

George is more hot headed and emotional though, that was clear to see in Imola last season.

PlatinumZealot

Ryar wrote: โ†‘
12 Feb 2022, 12:38

Finally, they have a driver whose oratory skills are an acceptable match to the likes of Allison, Shov, Vowels and Elliott. He should be doing some race debrief videos this year as those guys do for fans. :)
So what does oratory skills have to do with driving the car? He could be Prince Charles for all I care. As long as he his quick!
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

12 Feb 2022, 13:34
Heโ€™s been that way for sometime. He blags people into perceiving him in this image of being ultra professional and corporate. And itโ€™s the right tool in the box for sponsors and accommodating the image of brands you represent.

But George is also playful and enjoys a bit of banter like myself, heโ€™s just not expressing that part of himself in these sort of videos. My only criticism about this is that he does come off ever so slightly as being over self conscious about being professional. You donโ€™t want to come off as trying a little too hard and being a puppet of a bigger machine. You want to be yourself.

Out of all the drivers from the new generation, At the moment I think Leclerc, Norris, and Vettel have the best balance. Daniel is a bit too clown like, Verstappen is a bit too loose with the lips, George is a bit too contained and corporate.

George is more hot headed and emotional though, that was clear to see in Imola last season.
Yeah. I notice a more serious air about him. It is almost similar to Norris when Daniel got signed. Play time is over maybe...

Racing Green in 2028

Ryar

PlatinumZealot wrote: โ†‘
13 Feb 2022, 01:29
Ryar wrote: โ†‘
12 Feb 2022, 12:38

So what does oratory skills have to do with driving the car? He could be Prince Charles for all I care. As long as he his quick!
Where did I mention his oratory skill would have anything to do with driving a car? You should read my last reponse to your post in another thread. :lol:
Hakuna Matata!

AeroDynamic

everyone's in London for the FIA meeting today?

Henri
Henri

The better be concrete decisions being made so the massi incident never happens again

AeroDynamic

PlatinumZealot

Looking mean!

I'm getting a Stone Cold Steve Austin vibe from that photo!

Racing Green in 2028

AeroDynamic

The colour of the headrest is ...silver!
Lewis Hamilton is in the background in one of the last shots, behind George.

with 'Mercedes-AMG' branding returning to the suit, its more than likely the Mercedes brand, along with the 'silver arrows' branding will be the focus again.
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 14 Feb 2022, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

Jambier

I think they already said that it was back to grey.

I hope for a decent livery, the black did a lot of good in terms of look, as the grey never matched well with the Petronas colors

AeroDynamic

Jambier wrote: โ†‘
14 Feb 2022, 20:43

I hope for a decent livery, the black did a lot of good in terms of look, as the grey never matched well with the Petronas colors
I have a feeling it might be a hybrid of silver and black. Maybe like some of the Renaults did: looks like a silver car from in front, but is dominated by black on a lot of the body.

Jambier

14 Feb 2022, 20:45
Jambier wrote: โ†‘
14 Feb 2022, 20:43

I have a feeling it might be a hybrid of silver and black. Maybe like some of the Renaults did: looks like a silver car from in front, but is dominated by black on a lot of the body.
Make sense yes, with the end of the engine cover still black with all the stars, and nose / front wing grey

dans79

The seat fitting rig looks to be new!

George.

Valtteri last year!
201 105 104 9 9 7