Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bagajohny
bagajohny

Re: Ferrari F1-75

Those shark fins are just WOW!
I wonder how the sidepods design will work as no other team has gone this route.
Fair to say this is the best looking F1 car this year.

AeroDynamic

managed to unlock some higher res images :wink:
Brightened for detail+

Chuckjr

Absolute beast of a car. Incredibly impressed. If it’s as fast as it looks, they will be the sharp end of the grid. What a time to be a driver at Ferrari. Carlos and Charles must be chomping at the bit. Damn.
Well done Ferrari. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Watching F1 since 1986.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Zynerji wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 17:36
Blackout wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 17:32
JPower wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 16:05
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/reve ... e/8253654/

Looks like Ferrari came up with a way to homologate the nose section so they can change designs without needing to re-crash test.
I thought all teams were going to do this (so they can change FW design and its attachement to the nose whenever they want too)
Seems like a solid play with new rules. And the FOM clearly stating they will make changes quickly to the rules if someone gets too far out of the performance window.
They said that, that would really, really suck. Penalizing teams for doing a good job in an engineering sport. Completely unfair if they are going to change rules mid-season, and fully opposed to everything the sport should be about. Let's hope it doesn't get to that.

bagajohny
bagajohny

My only question is what happens when it rains? With those kind of sidepods.

Holm86

DChemTech wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:31
Zynerji wrote:
Blackout wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 17:32

I thought all teams were going to do this (so they can change FW design and its attachement to the nose whenever they want too)
Seems like a solid play with new rules. And the FOM clearly stating they will make changes quickly to the rules if someone gets too far out of the performance window.
They said that, that would really, really suck. Penalizing teams for doing a good job in an engineering sport. Completely unfair if they are going to change rules mid-season, and fully opposed to everything the sport should be about. Let's hope it doesn't get to that.
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that FIA would not change the regulations mid season this year

DChemTech
DChemTech

Holm86 wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:34
DChemTech wrote:
Zynerji wrote:

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that FIA would not change the regulations mid season this year
Let's hope you are right, but that is hard to rhyme with statements on making changes if someone is out of the intended performance window. If the designs are not in line with what the FIA intended to have been designed, they should have written better rules. I would be hugely disappointed if the FIA starts banning creative solutions that are legal according to the rules as they are, simply because they didn't foresee/intend for such interpretations.

Francesc
Francesc

What a fascinatng season. =D>

lh13
lh13

bagajohny wrote:My only question is what happens when it rains? With those kind of sidepods.
The race will be red flagged by the time we get enough rain to have an effect on the sidepods.

Sent from my 21061119AG using Tapatalk

Zynerji

DChemTech wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:37
Holm86 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

Let's hope you are right, but that is hard to rhyme with statements on making changes if someone is out of the intended performance window. If the designs are not in line with what the FIA intended to have been designed, they should have written better rules. I would be hugely disappointed if the FIA starts banning creative solutions that are legal according to the rules as they are, simply because they didn't foresee/intend for such interpretations.
New to F1? 😪

RedNEO

bagajohny wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:33
My only question is what happens when it rains? With those kind of sidepods.
Everyone will jump into there speedos and go for a swim inside :lol:

lh13
lh13

Pandamasque wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 16:28
Here's thought about the sombrero sidepods - if there's a wet race, those sidepods are going to become lakes whilst the car is sat on the grid. Then when it pulls away, that water is going to go backwards on to the rear end / rear tyres.

I realise wet race starts are relatively rare, but I wonder if they thought about it...
With the intensity of rain needed to fill those lakes in a matter of seconds after the formation lap, the tyres would be soaked anyway.
Don't forget the grills.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

lh13 wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:40
bagajohny wrote:My only question is what happens when it rains? With those kind of sidepods.
The race will be red flagged by the time we get enough rain to have an effect on the sidepods.

It won’t start and points will still be awarded #-o

But yeah, rain will be a non issue. The cars already eat a ton of rain through their sidepod inlets anyway, and always have.

DChemTech
DChemTech

Zynerji wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:45
DChemTech wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 18:37
Holm86 wrote:

New to F1? 😪
Eh, no, I highlighted that because FIA have quite an extensive track record on doing exactly that, which I find a problem. So I hope this fresh regs are also a fresh start of the FIA acting as a sporting regulator rather than showmaster in that respect ;)

jumpingfish

I tried to play a little, please do not judge strictly, I took 72cm for the height of the front wheel. There are a lot of nuances in the camera angle, inaccuracies, rendering and other things, so it turned out like this :)