2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AeroDynamic

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

mclaren_mircea wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 11:58
AeroDynamic wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 11:41
I think you're reading a bit much into it. These are candid photos of their meeting, they aren't posing or thinking about being happy. They're focused and listening to Lewis' feedback as he goes through what I assume is telemetry data on the laptop.

A fast car doesn't mean it drives beautiful and easy. And some times those sorts of cars are actually slow. Given its a shakedown test in the wet, in what was the poorest wind conditions in the UK in 30 years I don't think they are reacting to performance but correlation to the Sim and general feedback.
I hope that you are right. But that wavy floor it was a disaster last year. It affected all the car aero dynamics and I thought that they ged rid of it for good. And now it appears again. Fingers crossed.
I think this was taken after Russell completed the first drive of the car. They look happy in this one. Do they have an amazing car? :)

AeroDynamic

I feel great. I feel fit. Naturally, when you have an extra year of experience under your belt that always helps. I always feel like, through these sorts of experiences [Abu Dhabi] you can turn that emotion into strength and into power, and that’s what I’m doing. I’m putting that into my training. I’m putting that into the work that I have with the men and women here in this team… and.. if you think what you saw at the end of the last year was my best, wait till you see this year.
Last edited by AeroDynamic on 19 Feb 2022, 13:59, edited 3 times in total.

Neuron
Neuron

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hami ... t/8283057/
Hamilton: FIA still need to do more to regain my trust
The pressure he started to push on FIA right now is a bit scary...

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

AeroDynamic wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 13:03
mclaren_mircea wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:
I think you're reading a bit much into it. These are candid photos of their meeting, they aren't posing or thinking about being happy. They're focused and listening to Lewis' feedback as he goes through what I assume is telemetry data on the laptop.

A fast car doesn't mean it drives beautiful and easy. And some times those sorts of cars are actually slow. Given its a shakedown test in the wet, in what was the poorest wind conditions in the UK in 30 years I don't think they are reacting to performance but correlation to the Sim and general feedback.
I hope that you are right. But that wavy floor it was a disaster last year. It affected all the car aero dynamics and I thought that they ged rid of it for good. And now it appears again. Fingers crossed.
I think this was taken after Russell completed the first drive of the car. They look happy in this one. Do they have an amazing car? :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FL8opWGXEAE ... =4096x4096
The one posted by you I LOVE IT =D> :D It gives my good vibes about W13 and it makes may weekend more sun shine :lol:
Last edited by mclaren_mircea on 19 Feb 2022, 13:53, edited 2 times in total.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

siskue2005 wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 12:36
mclaren_mircea wrote:
AeroDynamic wrote:

The wavy floor was not a disaster in isolation, it was the cut floor which caused all sorts of problems... this year with tunnel floors this wavy floor will seal the floor better

Super. I hope that they wont waste half of the championship like last year and wont wait until the last race to close the championship fight.
Last edited by mclaren_mircea on 19 Feb 2022, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

NathanOlder

Just noticed after watching the onboard how it looks like George has his legs much more bent than Lewis, obviously this it so keep his head as low down as possible.

I know the light is different and the camera is in a slight different position, but it certainly looks like you cant see Lewis' left leg, where as you can clearly see the petronas line on Geroge's leg.

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

AeroDynamic

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 14:07
Just noticed after watching the onboard how it looks like George has his legs much more bent than Lewis, obviously this it so keep his head as low down as possible.

I know the light is different and the camera is in a slight different position, but it certainly looks like you cant see Lewis' left leg, where as you can clearly see the petronas line on Geroge's leg.

https://i.imgur.com/KBtKDUh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0jsDU41.jpg
correct. the footage in this video at around the 30 second mark has some light illuminating the area where you'd see Lewis' left leg but it isn't visible. From what George said in his interview, the teams design the tub to be as small to the reg limit as possible. FIA changed the minimum size limit so taller drivers can fit more comfortably. I guess even at this limit, George's legs are still accommodating the tub more than the tub accommodates him. but I don't think this is any different from his previous cars based on what he's saying. maybe some footage from Williams can should light on that.

etusch

AeroDynamic wrote:

Other guys smiles are 1000 bg, wolf smile worth 50 + bg and very well balanced car. :lol: :lol: =D> =D>

ringo

Car looks a little loose. But too early to tell.
The engine sounds meaty. Mercedes may have another Kraken PU on its hands this year.
For Sure!!

the EDGE
the EDGE

ringo wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 16:34
Car looks a little loose. But too early to tell.
The engine sounds meaty. Mercedes may have another Kraken PU on its hands this year.
You know it was running in Hurricane Eunice right? George & Lewis must have been struggling immensely out there, especially given how open & flat Silverstone is

PlatinumZealot

NathanOlder wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 14:07

https://i.imgur.com/KBtKDUh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/0jsDU41.jpg
Good spot. I wonder if they did not change the pedal box since it is just a shake down? So they would run Lewis' pedal settings even for George? ... Or maybe that's how George likes to drive?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

Yes. That's what I mean.

Anyways got this video.. The car looks very agile for its size. More centralized downforce probably. It has some oversteer on exit too. Seems like finger tip handling this year. It's obviously windy conditions and all.. But interesting nevertheless.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

NicoS

etusch wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 14:49
AeroDynamic wrote:

Other guys smiles are 1000 bg, wolf smile worth 50 + bg and very well balanced car. :lol: :lol: =D> =D>
It's the most beautiful picture ever! So much happy vibe. I can not resist to print it.

AeroDynamic

etusch wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 14:49
AeroDynamic wrote:

its a great theory, I credit this poster for this theory. :)
mclaren_mircea wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 10:35

Maybe Im reading to much into it... it may be just concentration... but I dont like the face expressions and the body language of the guys after they run the car in Silverstone... I know it was run in the wet but in the last years I saw happier faces despite beeing a corporate anglo-german team.

AeroDynamic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 17:19
Yes. That's what I mean.

Anyways got this video.. The car looks very agile for its size. More centralized downforce probably. It has some oversteer on exit too. Seems like finger tip handling this year. It's obviously windy conditions and all.. But interesting nevertheless.

https://youtu.be/k-V4xpwwW3A
full quality version here in 1080 HD

there's also a bit more onboard shots in this one

also George Russell counter part video here