Ferrari F1-75

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

Re: Ferrari F1-75

JPBD1990 wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 04:56
I read on twitter that a) Ferrari is expecting to bring updates to Bahrain (I feel this is pretty obvious and that everyone will) but also b) that they’ve been running a show-car spec of the floor until this point.

They did say some details would be hidden, but we’ve been absolutely flooded with pictures and content from the launch and from their filming day - so perhaps the hidden things aren’t on the car at all yet?

Can anyone confirm from the floor if it’s show car spec? I’ve tried but am too dumb :oops:
If by show car floor you mean a really basic version of their floor, I would say yes because what we saw lacks the sort of detail seen on the floors of the Mercedes or the Alfa Romeo.

Froggolo
Froggolo

Binotto clearly said during the presentation talking about the floor "which you can't see now..." clearly meaning that it was a basic presentation version, hopefully to not show off too much.
Relax, man. Have an elliptical drink or something® ( bhallg2k )

Vanja #66

Vyssion wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 23:41
Vanja posted his CFD of the F1-75 just now (in particular comparing a base 2022 car to their interesting sidepod design), which I felt deserved it's own thread in the aero sub-forum. I have moved it to the Aero sub-forum so that his great work doesn't get lost in this car thread. Please continue the discussion and commenting there, thanks.

viewtopic.php?t=30249
Thanks Vyssion!

For those who might not want to read the full post, just a short recap - F1-75-like sidepod design adds several benefits compared to the base model. It reduced the overall car drag by 11% by reducing sidepod and rear tyre drag. The indent, the tub, is an area where some downforce is generated and this is very beneficial compared to Asto-like clean design. In fact, I'm pretty sure Aston Matin will try out this design very soon.

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Ced
Ced

Ozan wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 23:49
the curve near rayban logo on sidepods reminded me of 2012 ferrari f1 car's sidepod
The F138 too

ryaan2904
ryaan2904

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 14:11
Vyssion wrote:
Vanja posted his CFD of the F1-75 just now (in particular comparing a base 2022 car to their interesting sidepod design), which I felt deserved it's own thread in the aero sub-forum. I have moved it to the Aero sub-forum so that his great work doesn't get lost in this car thread. Please continue the discussion and commenting there, thanks.

viewtopic.php?t=30249
Thanks Vyssion!

For those who might not want to read the full post, just a short recap - F1-75-like sidepod design adds several benefits compared to the base model. It reduced the overall car drag by 11% by reducing sidepod and rear tyre drag. The indent, the tub, is an area where some downforce is generated and this is very beneficial compared to Asto-like clean design. In fact, I'm pretty sure Aston Matin will try out this design very soon.

https://i.ibb.co/2ynvgv5/comp-iso.jpg
Went thru the full work in the cfd thread. Great work man =D>
CFD Eyes of Sauron

miket
miket

Not sure if this has been posted, seems like a plausible analysis of the aero.

Last edited by miket on 21 Feb 2022, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

FDD
FDD

I think that Alberto Aimar gives the best aero analyses without the CFD model so far.
Vanja's CFD is certainly the most accurate if I can say in that way.

AeroDynamic

Ferrari's chassis head Enrico Cardile speaking on the F1-75 and the continued development slope ahead of testing

https://the-race.com/formula-1/ferrari- ... 1-car-yet/

Ferrari Hasn't Achieved All Design Goals with '22 F1 Car Yet

“We have worked in an extremely complex setting: the most radical changes to the technical rules in 40 years,” he said.

“And in addition, many changes to the sporting regulations, with a new weekend format, and then to top it off a budget cap.

“We have been forced to set many goals, some of them at odds with each other, and all of them challenging.

“To clear our thoughts, we have had to set some priorities among all these goals.

“Some we have achieved, others we have gone close but ultimately have not fully achieved them.

“We have already entered the in-season car development phase.

“Our aim is not only to attain the goals still to be achieved, but to go even further.”

“We have already drawn up a development plan, in terms of both aerodynamics and under the bodywork,” Cardile said.

“Obviously the budget cap means we must be pragmatic in terms of development, so I expect that updates will not be as frequent as we have been used to in the past.

Marco.rova
Marco.rova

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 14:11
Vyssion wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=30249
Thanks Vyssion!

https://i.ibb.co/2ynvgv5/comp-iso.jpg
Great job and really interesting!

wowgr8
wowgr8

FDD wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 10:48
I think that Alberto Aimar gives the best aero analyses without the CFD model so far.

Really annoying that YouTube don't have the auto translated captions on mobile

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

wowgr8 wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 15:48
FDD wrote:

That video is not in english. how can we see translation???

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

wowgr8
wowgr8

Fer.Fan wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 16:06
Open the video on a computer and when you click CC you should be able to translate it into your language

pierrre
pierrre

wowgr8 wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 17:32
Fer.Fan wrote:
Open the video on a computer and when you click CC you should be able to translate it into your language
it does work although on 22:08 it says "acts as a blowing and helps to reduce the flu". i think i might try that

FDD
FDD

Fer.Fan wrote:
wowgr8 wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 15:48
FDD wrote:

Auto translate option, not very good, but since I read a lot Italian tech magazines I know some words so I can understand the core.
Also I have to watch 3 or 4 times.