2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Is it a good strategy though? Is there enough time for opponents to copy any innovation McLaren has? Why being secretive today?

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus

They seem to be some interesting changes

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

jumpingfish

Interesting rear wing..

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Just a flyby on the straight… Does sounds good though:

McFAN
McFAN

bauc

The livery is much much better on day sunlight, and with all of the sponsors on it will look MEGA....

Oh god, please let it be fast..... [-o< [-o< [-o<
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

I see the sidepods are completely different from what was unveiled. We'll see this with almost all teams. Some level of update from all the launch cars.
"Power is only given to those who lower themselves to pick it up" - Ragnar Lothbrok

mwillems

__________ wrote:
21 Feb 2022, 23:00
I see the sidepods are completely different from what was unveiled. We'll see this with almost all teams. Some level of update from all the launch cars.
The car looks clean but there doesn't seem to be too much missing from it, in fact it may be so clean so as to ensure good airflow to the rear. Obviously we have Mercedes and Ferrari as the two extremes, are the concepts mutually exclusive or are they compatible? Or perhaps the extremes are no longer the right call. I can't wait to find and see how the Macca gets developed but I suspect we will be pinching some ideas in the next few months as we are very middle of the road. Perhaps the car was built to be able to pivot the sidepod concept? I'd be surprised if that Mercedes "Bargeboard" concept doesn't work on every car though so I expect to see some aggressive development there.

We haven't learnt much from these pics and videos but it's nice to see them, I can feel us slipping back into the season again.

It's also like a birthday... for every new winter testing I feel the other year added on!
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Mansell89
Mansell89

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Both Daniel and Lando are in high spirits. I think that's a good sign, drivers usually aren't good actors and you can tell if they are not really impressed. Daniel also said he is more than pleased.

So I guess correlation between sim and reality is not bad and the car is not a hard to drive at the moment. We'll see if it is fast.

Just for the record, I've decided to board the hype train already.

mwillems

I wish I could take a seat on there too, but there's no baseline at all so I don't feel ready... yet! But, that said, there are the rumours about certain cars already faster than last year so if the team are all smiles, then at least we aren't miles behind at this point, I hope!

This year Ricciardo was pleased, and then corrected himself to say very pleased... last year we had interviews with Lando in his office and he was barely able to contain his excitement! Again it is different times, nobody knows where they stand so I suppose no one can get too excited until the cars start playing cat and mouse in test 2.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

FittingMechanics wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 00:53
Both Daniel and Lando are in high spirits. I think that's a good sign, drivers usually aren't good actors and you can tell if they are not really impressed. Daniel also said he is more than pleased.

So I guess correlation between sim and reality is not bad and the car is not a hard to drive at the moment. We'll see if it is fast.

Just for the record, I've decided to board the hype train already.
Nothing wrong with boarding the hype train… But they still haven’t driven the car at speed, which means that it will be very hard to tell at this point if it behaves like in the simulator… They need some proper laps on actual race tires (not the ones for filming days)