2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mclarenfanboy
Mclarenfanboy

Re: 2022 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Balalu wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 19:32
Emag wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 16:28
Mclarenfanboy wrote:
22 Feb 2022, 15:52
Looks fat, boring and slow, and those colours, more like a toy than racing machine, Ferrari looks like it is a peice of art in comparison. Hope it s faster than it looks. [-o<
Funny how for some reason McLaren seems fat to you, yet you think Ferrari is a piece of art. But Ferrari is literally, together with Aston, the widest car on this year's grid.
McLaren looks like a mascular lean athlete. Ferrari looks like a skinny pregnant cat with a large litter. (Or a skinny fat anteater.)

Aston Martin: same as Ferrari, but even a larger litter.

Sorry, couldn't help it 😅

On a serious note, pre-season testing is tomorrow!
:D :D :D :D , OMG, now I cant stop visualizing it, you ruined it for me... :D :shock:
But, on a more serious note, for tomorrow, as you and a popular character from a popular tv show once said... "Shall We Begin ... "

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Alpha Tauri is pushrod at the rear. This probably means that Red Bull changed both front and rear suspension, just like McLaren.

I'm aware it's not a big deal but it is comforting that one of the teams with best aero in recent years made the same kind of change as McLaren.

BMMR61

It has been said that "a good looking car is usually a fast car", but then adds the proviso that if it (an ugly car) is fast then everybody then thinks it looks great.
This is one very ugly livery - not then worst of the fifty - something McLaren F1s but the worst in recent years and in my opinion will be the worst looking car on the 2022 grid unless they head back to the graphics office. Probably the worst since that awful orange and black mess of a McLaren Honda in 2017. It's so disjointed that someone should have been taken aside. The light blue could have worked but it doesn't in those shapes and proportions, it looks like a very cheap toy car. Frankly as the second biggest fan of team McLaren of all time I'm bitterly disappointed, the 35M was a great looker. The side shots are nausea inducing and give the impression most of McLaren's sponsors have cut their budgets. In major global sport, who are "Velo"? I doubt I could find a "Velo" anywhere in my country and the internet findings for "Velo" (which are on both side pods and front wings) don't go past bicycles. Hope that's not a portend of future performance!

Since his shakedown year heading McLaren F1, Zak has made all the right moves each year, Dan's 2021 form notwithstanding. I'm optimistic both drivers will be performing at a much closer level but OMG . Sorry to be so negative. Good luck Lando and Dan.

shady
shady

Re: McLaren MCL36

These cars are going to be so fast, corner speeds are going to go up; I think significantly.

organic

shady wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 06:29
These cars are going to be so fast, corner speeds are going to go up; I think significantly.
On what evidence? So far to me it seems things point towards lower cornering speeds on average (across corner types) and higher top speeds. Roughly similar laptimes in 2022 I think

MCL1984
MCL1984

shady wrote:
Actually low and medium corner speeds will be down

Straight line speed will be up.

shady
shady

organic wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 06:42
shady wrote:
On what evidence? So far to me it seems things point towards lower cornering speeds on average (across corner types) and higher top speeds. Roughly similar laptimes in 2022 I think
Nothing more than a hunch - I think that the downforce will be higher at lower speeds, and consequently allow for higher cornering speeds on all corner types, if the front doesnt wash out mid corner. lap times are going to tumble faster than I think ppl are expecting. Pirelli as always will be the limiting factor in the formula.

djos

Daniel seems very happy with the new MCL36 so far.

https://apple.news/AeMqbF3IURR6-M6OO9nGbtw
"In downforce we trust"

Thunder

I moved the information on Testing Coverage to the Testing Thread.
viewtopic.php?t=30253
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

The Race:

As Lando Norris improves to third on a 1m21.866s with a new set of C2 tyres, what better time to share this bit of Mark Hughes insight?

"Maybe it’s just the fresh tyres on the McLaren but it’s direction change through Turns 2/3 looks terrific - and it has enough grip that it can take a wider approach to Turn 3 after finishing the exit of Turn 2."

NiyolHuayra
NiyolHuayra

Even though I would love to watch the testing, it's not too bad since we have tons of images, live times, lap counts, etc. all over the place. So, so far so good :D But still can't wait for Bahrain and for the START! What's your opinion?

MrGapes

mclaren111 wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 12:32
The Race:

As Lando Norris improves to third on a 1m21.866s with a new set of C2 tyres, what better time to share this bit of Mark Hughes insight?

"Maybe it’s just the fresh tyres on the McLaren but it’s direction change through Turns 2/3 looks terrific - and it has enough grip that it can take a wider approach to Turn 3 after finishing the exit of Turn 2."
As per Jolyon "The McLaren looks sharp on corner entry, whilst other cars looks to be understeering more into Turn 6 Lando looked like he was able to position his car well." - Seems the car may have a sharp front end

billamend
billamend

Where are those Jolyon comments?

MrGapes

billamend wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 13:23
Where are those Jolyon comments?

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 7hgor.html

billamend
billamend