2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Stu wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 11:45
SmallSoldier wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 08:52
Stu wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 07:45

This is not new for GR, this is his helmet design.

This is why he has picked the number 63, stylised slightly, it can also be read as GR.
Maybe is tricking me because of the apparent 8 in the W13… But in the past I could clearly see the GR, this time I can only see an “8”
Oh yeah! The number on the fin could read as an 8.
There was some movement towards legible numbering a few years ago, but the halo obscuring the cockpit really requires it.
If you look at last year’s Mercedes in TV footage, you cannot even see the ‘44’ on LH’s car, the Petronius badge stands out far more and looks like a ‘6’.
I thought the same thing all season… Car number “6” drove me crazy!

Stu

I’m drawing a line here, get back on topic.

Mercedes Team Thread!!!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

mcdenife
mcdenife

That line should have been drawn way way before now.
Long experience has taught me this about the status of mankind with regards to matters requiring thought. The less people know and understand about them, the more positively they attempt to argue concerning them; while on the other hand, to know and understand a multitude of things renders men cautious in passing judgement upon anything new. - Galileo..

The noblest of dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

hollus

Two pages of discussion about "britishness" have dissapeared.

I know, it is neither politics nor religion... (but maybe, in a way, it is both?)

Walking away from an off topic conversation is an art. It can be learnt and practiced. And practice makes perfect.

We came here to talk about F1, not "britishness".

Stu wrote:
19 Feb 2022, 23:49
Mercedes Team Thread!!!
Rivals, not enemies.

AeroDynamic

AeroDynamic

looks like they read the complaints about the number 8 :lol:

holeindalip
holeindalip

AeroDynamic wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 12:46
https://i.imgur.com/5z4vQsh.jpg?1
Looks just as bad from this angle…..

Morteza

AeroDynamic wrote:
I wouldn't call this an improvement :D
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

wogx

HAM is very confident about their 2022 car :D
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

RZS10

AeroDynamic wrote:
6- ? :lol:

PlatinumZealot

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Jolle
Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote:
23 Feb 2022, 23:49
It's clearly 67.

secretly a lot of drivers are chosen by the number designers of the cars. When Vettel left Ferrari, they had a ton of 5's left, so, Sainz it was. Same with Sauber. With the amount of stickers left, Bottas was a cheap option.

For Mercedes, there were still some 6's left at the back of the factory, that combined well with the 7's left from Bottas.

RedBull of course lifted it to a whole different level. With Ricciardo having the number three, as a streamlined team as they are, Verstappen was the obvious choice because they were running out of 2's and 6's. When it was clear that Verstappen would become world champion then they really went into overdrive! They headed for a team with the numbers 1 and 10, when that didn't work out they tried 1,23. Finally succes with 1,11.

Lando Norris to Mercedes in the near future seems to be secured!

Morteza

Jolle wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 00:11
PlatinumZealot wrote:
It's clearly 67.

secretly a lot of drivers are chosen by the number designers of the cars. When Vettel left Ferrari, they had a ton of 5's left, so, Sainz it was. Same with Sauber. With the amount of stickers left, Bottas was a cheap option.

For Mercedes, there were still some 6's left at the back of the factory, that combined well with the 7's left from Bottas.

RedBull of course lifted it to a whole different level. With Ricciardo having the number three, as a streamlined team as they are, Verstappen was the obvious choice because they were running out of 2's and 6's. When it was clear that Verstappen would become world champion then they really went into overdrive! They headed for a team with the numbers 1 and 10, when that didn't work out they tried 1,23. Finally succes with 1,11.

=D> =D> =D> :lol:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

holeindalip
holeindalip

Jolle wrote:
24 Feb 2022, 00:11
PlatinumZealot wrote:
It's clearly 67.

This is great…. =D> =D> =D> =D>

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

https://the-race.com/formula-1/who-was- ... trackside/

I dont know if I have to post it here on in the car thread. Acording to Gary Anderson who was at the track yesterday Mercedes have big big problems. I cant understand how is that possible... where is all that time they worked on this car with just one big upgrade package while Red Bull had visible updates every race. The overall design is too conservative and now with this problems both on the straights and in the corners I cant understand how... Im very depressed and angry not by the problems but about the strategic options regarding the design of the car. I dont say more, but Lewis deserves another real chance to have that 8 title and than retires.