2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Re: 2022 Uralkali | Haas F1 Team

I actually would love to see an IndyCar driver get this seat for 1 year just to see what it would look like.
"Power is only given to those who lower themselves to pick it up" - Ragnar Lothbrok

basti313
basti313

JordanMugen wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 16:51
Scorpaguy wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 16:44
However, still prefer all to Pietro.
Pietro is a decent enough driver though? :)

Wishlist:
1) Piastri
2) Giovanazzi
3) Fittipaldi

It seems that realistically it will be Fittipaldi or Giovanazzi and Alpine won't open their chequebook. :(

Mercedes GP seemed very keen on promoting De Vries to F1, so maybe they could open their chequebook to buy De Vries some Grand Prix experience at HAAS?
Pietro decent? What do you mean with that? He is good compared to 90% of other racing drivers, but he is no F1 format.
He had one good year in Formula V8 3.5, but I see no other result of him....comparing his F3 result to other F1 drivers is a bit telling...
It would be interesting if Pietro or Chadwick would have a chance to get close to the top 10 in F2....

I like your comment on the payments. As Haas is the Nr.2 Ferrari team I am surprised that no Ferrari driver gets the seat. With Gio they have a clear possibility. And I think this point will keep Renault and Merc from putting one of their drivers into the car.
Still the big question is...who pays for Pietro?
Don`t russel the hamster!

JordanMugen

basti313 wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 17:42
Still the big question is...who pays for Pietro?
I think Pietro is attractive for Brasilian sponsors like Banco do Brasil and others.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Its the right call. Cruel on the driver, but the right call with the situation in Ukraine/Russia right now.

As for replacements, its down to Pietro Fitapaldi (Brazilian sponsorship package is being put together, Banko Do Brazil & Petrobas) with Antonio Giovanazzi and Nico Hulkenberg being all stood by, Kevin Magnussen has also been asked if he can step up at short notice with a sponsor package i heard. As for Haas, they are funded, Gene is adding to the budget, plus 1&1/Ionos is rumored to be taking the new title sponsorship with a increased spoinsor package, Ionos Haas-Ferrari anyone?

If world circumstances were different, id have no problem with Mazepin in the seat. With the way things are, im happy he is not.

Big Tea

ESPImperium wrote:
05 Mar 2022, 18:18
Its the right call. Cruel on the driver, but the right call with the situation in Ukraine/Russia right now.

As for replacements, its down to Pietro Fitapaldi (Brazilian sponsorship package is being put together, Banko Do Brazil & Petrobas) with Antonio Giovanazzi and Nico Hulkenberg being all stood by, Kevin Magnussen has also been asked if he can step up at short notice with a sponsor package i heard. As for Haas, they are funded, Gene is adding to the budget, plus 1&1/Ionos is rumored to be taking the new title sponsorship with a increased spoinsor package, Ionos Haas-Ferrari anyone?

If world circumstances were different, id have no problem with Mazepin in the seat. With the way things are, im happy he is not.
Yes, financially it could have done far more damage to Haas if he stayed as listed in the team in any capacity as it would rule the whole team out so some areas. It would not matter how much Hass had in the bank if it was frozen and other contributors may not want their name associated in any way. Cruel to him, but I think they had little choice in reallity
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Nanosapien
Nanosapien

Hi, I am pretty new to F1technical. What do you think about Haas F1 making a partnership wioth Andretti Motorsport? We know that the Andretti's want to have an F1 team, but path seemed very difficult. Now though with the whole Haas title sponsor situation, could this be a way for Andretti to have an F1 team?

Scorpaguy

Nanosapien wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 03:07
Hi, I am pretty new to F1technical. What do you think about Haas F1 making a partnership wioth Andretti Motorsport? We know that the Andretti's want to have an F1 team, but path seemed very difficult. Now though with the whole Haas title sponsor situation, could this be a way for Andretti to have an F1 team?
MAndretti has stated Gene has told him "no" on numerous times. However, we live in strange times :(

Nanosapien
Nanosapien

Scorpaguy wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 03:19
Nanosapien wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 03:07
MAndretti has stated Gene has told him "no" on numerous times. However, we live in strange times :(
Thanks. Didnt know that took place. As you said times are strange so '"no" may turn to yes.

adrianjordan

ESPImperium wrote:
See I never felt he should be in F1 anyway. His off track antics before F1 were enough for me to feel that. So I will not miss him one bit!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edax
Edax

ESPImperium wrote:
For me it is the other way around. Mazepin in F1 for me was a sad sight, he should not have lasted more than a season. But it does not feel right to see him leave this way.

For me it is a fundamental issue. The whole thing about sports is that every individual should be able to compete against each other, regardless.

Rules and regulations are just about fairness and safety of competition.

Country of origin affects neither. That makes it hard to understand the Motorsport UK ruling since it seems to be aimed directly at blocking athletes.

As for Haas. Of course the sponsorship deal is a different point and everyone could see it coming that he would be sacked because he couldn’t pay the seat. But then at least acknowledge that in the statement. A simple thank you for his efforts (and the millions) he has brought to the team would have made a lot of difference.

Big Tea

Edax wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 10:42
ESPImperium wrote:
For me it is the other way around. Mazepin in F1 for me was a sad sight, he should not have lasted more than a season. But it does not feel right to see him leave this way.

For me it is a fundamental issue. The whole thing about sports is that every individual should be able to compete against each other, regardless.

Country of origin affects neither. That makes it hard to understand the Motorsport UK ruling since it seems to be aimed directly at blocking athletes.

As for Haas. Of course the sponsorship deal is a different point and everyone could see it coming that he would be sacked because he couldn’t pay the seat. But then at least acknowledge that in the statement. A simple thank you for his efforts (and the millions) he has brought to the team would have made a lot of difference.
But he played his part in keeping one team on the grid who possibly would not have been without that deal.
It has meant Schumacher having a drive, plus how ever many 'up and coming' drivers who now get a chance that would not have with one less team.

Edit. Also worth mentioning he has a superlicence, and they do not give them as gifts
Those that can, do. Those that can not, pay.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

cplchanb
cplchanb

Mods, urakali needs to be removed from the thread title as they have been terminated as title sponsor.

basti313
basti313

Edax wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:

This is a complete misperception.
Mazepin was not removed because of his country of origin. He was removed because he was a paydriver and no payment can be made in the future for his seat. Thus, he was removed like any other paydriver without payment.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Stu

Re: 2022 Haas F1 Team

cplchanb wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 16:46
Mods, urakali needs to be removed from the thread title as they have been terminated as title sponsor.
Done!!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Edax
Edax

Re: 2022 Haas F1 Team

basti313 wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 18:08
Edax wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:
This is a complete misperception.
Mazepin was not removed because of his country of origin. He was removed because he was a paydriver and no payment can be made in the future for his seat. Thus, he was removed like any other paydriver without payment.
I was talking about the Motorsport UK decision earlier.
Motorsport UK has become the first Formula 1 hosting federation to ban Russian and Belarusian drivers from competing, meaning Nikita Mazepin will not be allowed to race in the British Grand Prix even if he retains his Haas drive.
https://racer.com/2022/03/02/motorsport ... sh-gp/amp/

Agree that in the end the sponsorship would be a blocking issue as I also state in my post. But I guess having your license revoked in one country already is a big issue. Same as Maldonado almost lost his drive due to his Monaco ban.