2022 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: 2022 Haas F1 Team

Edax wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 19:32
basti313 wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 18:08
Edax wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 10:42
This is a complete misperception.
Mazepin was not removed because of his country of origin. He was removed because he was a paydriver and no payment can be made in the future for his seat. Thus, he was removed like any other paydriver without payment.
I was talking about the Motorsport UK decision earlier.
Motorsport UK has become the first Formula 1 hosting federation to ban Russian and Belarusian drivers from competing, meaning Nikita Mazepin will not be allowed to race in the British Grand Prix even if he retains his Haas drive.
https://racer.com/2022/03/02/motorsport ... sh-gp/amp/

Agree that in the end the sponsorship would be a blocking issue as I also state in my post. But I guess having your license revoked in one country already is a big issue. Same as Maldonado almost lost his drive due to his Monaco ban.
For a team as haas, it wouldn’t be a problem to have a driver not able to compete in one race. They could have sold the seat for one race to the highest bidder.

Big Tea

Russian Athletes are to be allowed to compete in the Paralympics but as stand alone neutral competitors and can not display the flag, kit, or anthem
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AtlasZX

Jolle wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 19:43

For a team as haas, it wouldn’t be a problem to have a driver not able to compete in one race. They could have sold the seat for one race to the highest bidder.
Probably UK is just the beginning... Haas was concened that Mazepin wont be allowed to race in a lot more countries during the year, and having a different driver for every GP is a problem.

senja
senja

No. The only problem was money they will not get. If they got the Uralkali money, they could afford if he misses most of races.
They wouldn't need different drivers for every GP. That's the role of reserve driver.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Big Tea wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 21:17
Russian Athletes are to be allowed to compete in the Paralympics but as stand alone neutral competitors and can not display the flag, kit, or anthem
Nope. They've been sent home.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

langedweil

Storey is kinda silent .. bet he's making up the contracts alteady 😎
HuggaWugga !

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 01:11
Big Tea wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 21:17
Nope. They've been sent home.
Yip, sorry for false information. I'm behind the times.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Haas to run rebranded F1 cars and Fittipaldi at Bahrain test

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The relationship between Haas F1 and its Russian sponsor and driver became untenable following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the owner of the United States-based Formula One team said Sunday.

Gene Haas also said his team was financially stable despite the decision Saturday to cut ties with Russian driver Nikita Mazepin and sponsor Uralkali.

“There was a lot of intense criticism about the Ukrainian invasion and it was just getting overwhelming. We can’t deal with all that, our other sponsors can’t deal with all that,”

“We’re in the process of looking at several candidates, we’ll see who is available and what we have to deal with, but we’ll have somebody by Wednesday,” Haas said. “Pietro will definitely be in it, that’s what he’s for, he’s the test driver.”

“I think we’re looking. I think we’d obviously like to get someone with a bit more actual experience,” Haas told the AP. “We just have to see what’s available.”

“Haas has always been the major, primary sponsor, I don’t know why people said it became a Russian team. Haas Automation was always on the car,” he said.

“We’re good. We’re fine. We’d like more money, of course, but we’re fine,” he said. “This just gives us a bigger negative number.”
https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... 9b088d9d1e
The Power of Dreams!

basti313
basti313

AtlasZX wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 23:11
Jolle wrote:
06 Mar 2022, 19:43

Probably UK is just the beginning... Haas was concened that Mazepin wont be allowed to race in a lot more countries during the year, and having a different driver for every GP is a problem.
Not if you are running at the end of the grid anyways. Maybe we see a fight against Alpine and Alfa at the beginning of the season, but from the point of testing I see no other conclusion as that Haas is behind as usual.
Wouter wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 12:16

“I think we’re looking. I think we’d obviously like to get someone with a bit more actual experience,” Haas told the AP. “We just have to see what’s available.”
Hulkenberg, Hulkenberg, Hulkenbeeeeeeerrrrrggggg!!!!! :mrgreen:
Don`t russel the hamster!

wogx

Mazepin's thread is closed, so I'll post that here :) Personally - I was really surprised, when i saw that article.

Wolff: Mazepin can drive and deserves a place in F1

Mercedes-AMG championship team boss Toto Wolff has decided to stand up for Nikita Mazepin, who lost his seat at the Haas team after just one Formula 1 season.

The Russian was associated with the German manufacturer's team in 2019-2020, participating in a series of private tests behind the wheel of championship machinery. Mazepin even took part in the official test session in Barcelona, where he proved to be the fastest of the bunch.

"I'm torn because Nikita is a guy who deserves to be in Formula 1, he knows how to drive," Wolff said of his former protégé.

The Austrian's statement is surprising because until recently he had a different opinion about the Russian. When, at the end of 2020 - just after Mazepin had been embroiled in a cheating scandal - Mercedes-AMG abruptly refused to test his current car with their Formula E drivers instead, Wolff said that the team wanted to "learn something from the test".

Despite his sudden sympathy for Mazepin, Wolff supports sanctions against Russian athletes: "As you can see, some sports leagues have decided to allow Russian athletes to compete, and some have taken a stronger stance by denying them participation. I think this is difficult for an athlete, but you can understand that it has to do with support for strong sanctions."

The Mercedes-AMG team boss also commented on the war in Ukraine: "I'm Austrian and Vienna is only 400 km from Ukraine. Who would have thought that we would see another war in Europe? Formula 1 and sport are microscopic in this context. We decided not to race in Sochi and I think F1 has taken a strong stance, like many other industries. This is the prevailing theme and it puts into perspective everything that annoys us about the sport and that there are much more important issues."

"We have Ukrainians and Russians on the team. It's certainly not easy for anyone who has families there. These are difficult times. Having parents of Slavic descent, I feel that what is happening is close to my heart."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
https://swiatwyscigow.pl/f1/f1-wypowied ... ejsce-w-f1
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Just_a_fan wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 17:19
wogx wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 17:13
Mazepin's thread is closed, so I'll post that here :) Personally - I was really surprised, when i saw that article.

Wolff: Mazepin can drive and deserves a place in F1

Mercedes-AMG championship team boss Toto Wolff has decided to stand up for Nikita Mazepin, who lost his seat at the Haas team after just one Formula 1 season.

The Russian was associated with the German manufacturer's team in 2019-2020, participating in a series of private tests behind the wheel of championship machinery. Mazepin even took part in the official test session in Barcelona, where he proved to be the fastest of the bunch.

"I'm torn because Nikita is a guy who deserves to be in Formula 1, he knows how to drive," Wolff said of his former protégé.

The Austrian's statement is surprising because until recently he had a different opinion about the Russian. When, at the end of 2020 - just after Mazepin had been embroiled in a cheating scandal - Mercedes-AMG abruptly refused to test his current car with their Formula E drivers instead, Wolff said that the team wanted to "learn something from the test".

Despite his sudden sympathy for Mazepin, Wolff supports sanctions against Russian athletes: "As you can see, some sports leagues have decided to allow Russian athletes to compete, and some have taken a stronger stance by denying them participation. I think this is difficult for an athlete, but you can understand that it has to do with support for strong sanctions."

The Mercedes-AMG team boss also commented on the war in Ukraine: "I'm Austrian and Vienna is only 400 km from Ukraine. Who would have thought that we would see another war in Europe? Formula 1 and sport are microscopic in this context. We decided not to race in Sochi and I think F1 has taken a strong stance, like many other industries. This is the prevailing theme and it puts into perspective everything that annoys us about the sport and that there are much more important issues."

"We have Ukrainians and Russians on the team. It's certainly not easy for anyone who has families there. These are difficult times. Having parents of Slavic descent, I feel that what is happening is close to my heart."

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I think this is probably where he's coming from:
We have Ukrainians and Russians on the team. It's certainly not easy for anyone who has families there.
It's a PR statement that covers both sides - feel sorry for the individuals who have been affected e.g. Mazepin, but also show unhappiness at the national situation and thus support Ukraine and Ukrainians.

It must be very difficult for any company where Russians and Ukrainians work together. …
I might be wrong, but didnt Mazepin Snr pay for a private Merc Test for Nikita a few years ago?
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

boiler
boiler

Have the Olympics banned athletes from countries in times of war?

Mogster

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 18:00
Just_a_fan wrote:
wogx wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 17:13

We have Ukrainians and Russians on the team. It's certainly not easy for anyone who has families there.
It's a PR statement that covers both sides - feel sorry for the individuals who have been affected e.g. Mazepin, but also show unhappiness at the national situation and thus support Ukraine and Ukrainians.

It must be very difficult for any company where Russians and Ukrainians work together. …
I might be wrong, but didnt Mazepin Snr pay for a private Merc Test for Nikita a few years ago?
More like a private test programme I seem to remember.

vorticism

boiler wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 21:18
Have the Olympics banned athletes from countries in times of war?
Rhodesia was banned from competing in '72.
𓄀

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Mogster wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 22:41
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
07 Mar 2022, 18:00
Just_a_fan wrote:

More like a private test programme I seem to remember.
The merc team put that Urakali money to good use…….
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn