2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, March 18 - 20

jumpingfish wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 14:59
If slipstream is reduced then a powerful engine and low drag now have increased effect compared to last years, right?
These cars are not low drag. According to Newey the drag is higher. Strange right? But very possible.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

PlatinumZealot

JonoNic wrote: ↑
17 Mar 2022, 02:22
I have read the comments about overtaking by slipstreaming, they all make sense. However, I do think that we will see synchronized qualifying during the season will be more important. I Simply because can follow each other through the twisty parts of the track. There will also be more chance of being pulled along two or even three straights rather than the usual one before the tyres take a beating. That would be a significant improvement over a lap.
An improvment from 40% to 15% loss of downforce is nice but 15% loss is still significant in qualifying. I still see cars being spaced out but suffering less... Maybe we will see less backing up of cars before flying laps.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

Stu

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
17 Mar 2022, 04:34
If slipstream is reduced then a powerful engine and low drag now have increased effect compared to last years, right?
These cars are not low drag. According to Newey the drag is higher. Strange right? But very possible.
Even if the drag has not altered much, if (negative) lift has reduced the L:D will not be as good as previously.
Unless you are specifically try to β€˜cheat’ the air (LSR-style) in trying to manipulate it to your own aero benefit (for reducing lap-time), you will create drag.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

tnajner
tnajner

17 Mar 2022, 04:34
I guess Original post was meant like a car which had a low drag concept and powerful endgine would have advantage when overtaking under the new rules.

JPower
JPower

Hulkenberg to replace Vettel(Covid).

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

JPower wrote: ↑
17 Mar 2022, 11:34
Hulkenberg to replace Vettel(Covid).
Interesting - there is still plenty of Covid around.

I wonder how he'll do? Will be 14th or thereabouts I'd guess.

Looking forwards to the racing to really shell out the form of the teams
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Mandrake
Mandrake

I am very happy to see Hulk back, but this will be very tough for him. Almost no time to prepare for the new car he has never driven. But also a chance to show his qualities again

EDIT: Now just imagine the Aston was the fastest car and Hulk could snap his first win :D
Last edited by Mandrake on 17 Mar 2022, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

AeroDynamic

Thats disappointing for Vettel. When are Formula 1 going to relax these covid measures?

I don't want to see a Championship decided by covid. The pandemic has influenced the championship enough already.

InsaneX_Badger

AeroDynamic wrote: ↑
17 Mar 2022, 11:57
Thats disappointing for Vettel. When are Formula 1 going to relax these covid measures?

I don't want to see a Championship decided by covid. The pandemic has influenced the championship enough already.
I think it will be awhile for F1 to remove restrictions. Maybe next season depending how it goes. The fact that it's a very International and global sport allows the virus to spread to many different places. If there are covid outbreaks in the paddock, countries could get nervous and cancel races.

AeroDynamic

17 Mar 2022, 13:42

It's still a desease that kills. It's not relaxing the measures is the problem. I thought F1 should be the extra cautious squeaky clean environment above every other sport so I was sorta suprised that they have relaxed measures as if Covid is the common cold.
I think everyone being vaccinated (which is mandatory now in the paddock) and wearing masks and using social distancing is acceptable if you aren't presenting symptomatic infection – you should be asked to take a test if you present symptoms. (coughing, high temperature etc). But that's just my opinion. The new covid is so transmissible that everyone is likely to get it. If the teams have discretion how to manage it, it is fairer I think.

scheffers
scheffers

17 Mar 2022, 13:49
17 Mar 2022, 13:42

It's still a desease that kills. It's not relaxing the measures is the problem. I thought F1 should be the extra cautious squeaky clean environment above every other sport so I was sorta suprised that they have relaxed measures as if Covid is the common cold.
I think everyone being vaccinated (which is mandatory now in the paddock) and wearing masks and using social distancing is acceptable if you aren't presenting symptomatic infection – you should be asked to take a test if you present symptoms. (coughing, high temperature etc). But that's just my opinion. The new covid is so transmissible that everyone is likely to get it. If the teams have discretion how to manage it, it is fairer I think.
Totally this.

@PlatinumZealot: It's still a disease that kills, true, but nothing like it was before, and certainly not for people in the paddock. And the F1 circus will not be reasonable for bringing any more transmissions to a country than any other tourist does, they are even in their own bubble most of the time. Time to relax.

RZS10

Wouter wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 15:29
Who is the RD this weekend, Eduardo Freitas or Niels Wittich?
It's Wittich

AeroDynamic

I won't be shocked if McLaren's brakes fail this weekend

dren

17 Mar 2022, 14:42
I won't be shocked if McLaren's brakes fail this weekend
I will since they have gone a bit overboard with the temp fix. What won't shock me is a crash on the first lap.
Honda!

Wouter

RZS10 wrote: ↑
17 Mar 2022, 14:34
Wouter wrote: ↑
16 Mar 2022, 15:29
Who is the RD this weekend, Eduardo Freitas or Niels Wittich?
It's Wittich
Thank you. I was hoping for Freitas, but he isn't available. He is known for his strict white line rules.
The Power of Dreams!