2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
e30ernest
e30ernest

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Yes that is why I am not taking this race's results as a clear indication of the performance difference between the two yet.

That said, I don't think GR63 making a mistake would be a a valid reason for him falling behind though because consistency is part of performing in a top team like this. Hopefully he does better this weekend.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

e30ernest wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 11:18
Yes that is why I am not taking this race's results as a clear indication of the performance difference between the two yet.

That said, I don't think GR63 making a mistake would be a a valid reason for him falling behind though because consistency is part of performing in a top team like this. Hopefully he does better this weekend.
He got back up to where he should have been in a few short laps, so I don't think there's anything wrong with his performance over the weekend as a whole. We could see him outqualify Lewis this coming weekend. Imagine the joy of some around here if he does. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Henri
Henri

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 11:55
e30ernest wrote:

He got back up to where he should have been in a few short laps, so I don't think there's anything wrong with his performance over the weekend as a whole. We could see him outqualify Lewis this coming weekend. Imagine the joy of some around here if he does. :lol:
Why would they be happy are they Lewis haters ?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Henri wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 13:22
Just_a_fan wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

Some people just hate him. You'd have to ask them for their reasons.
Last edited by Just_a_fan on 21 Mar 2022, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

AeroDynamic

Henri wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

success haters when its not their favourite driver shining.

Big Tea

axle wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 10:00
GR63 nearly won his first race for Merc when Lewis had covid...his teammate was Bottas, who he had soundly beaten before cruel fate intervened.

There is nothing speed wise about George that a fixed W13 can't resolve.
'The Boss' was not there then though, so George probably felt he had a free hand. I would imagine George probably feels he has to tread carefully not to 'ruin' Lewis race as he is a known good finisher.

It is without doubt Hamilton's team through and through, so the best way to get on the wrong side is to mess up a good points hall by interfering with the known good harvester. Gently Gentle catchee mousee
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

SiLo

Just_a_fan wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

That comment was going so well until the last sentence.

George did well, he made up places at the start and then had ok pace. Not enough to match Lewis, but considering where the car is in the pack I don't think we could have expected much more.
Felipe Baby!

erudite450
erudite450

I found Coultard's question to Max about Mercedes, post-qualy to be in poor taste. It was really uncalled for. And of course Max couldn't pass on an opportunity for a sarcastic dig. Coulthard should keep his Redbull hat behind as a commentator.

lh13
lh13

Just_a_fan wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

He got back up to where he should have been in a few short laps, so I don't think there's anything wrong with his performance over the weekend as a whole. We could see him outqualify Lewis this coming weekend. Imagine the joy of some around here if he does.
I'm not a Hamilton hater, I merely dislike him. In any case, you don't have to imagine. I'll let you know if I feel joyous or sad when/if the time comes.

AeroDynamic

erudite450 wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 14:03
I found Coultard's question to Max about Mercedes, post-qualy to be in poor taste. It was really uncalled for. And of course Max couldn't pass on an opportunity for a sarcastic dig. Coulthard should keep his Redbull hat behind as a commentator.
Mate, Coulthard is a Red Bull man. Ever since he left they have been his family in the paddock, not McLaren. He is likely to tentative to say anything objectively pro lewis that looks negative about his old team and their new driver. The bias out of him towards Red Bull is funny to watch while he also tries to be positive about Lewis as a compatriot.

Anyway given the toxicity associated with the team, his behaviour is not unbecoming. It has not aged well after their weekend either.
lh13 wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 14:10
I'm not a Hamilton hater, I merely dislike him. In any case, you don't have to imagine. I'll let you know if I feel joyous or sad when/if the time comes.
of course, man, of course. heard familiar denials around here before "I'm a Honda fan!!"

e30ernest
e30ernest

Just_a_fan wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 13:43
Henri wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

I think some don't like him simply because of his success.

I for example did not like Vettel in his Red Bull years. When I think about it, I still don't like him then, but I've started to like him in his late Ferrari years and now he is one of my favorite drivers on the grid.

I would say the same for Schumacher (at that time I was either a Hakkinen or Montoya fan). But when Alonso came and started winning, I switched back to Schumacher's camp and was there ever since.

I think because I disliked Alonso before I started rooting for Lewis from the start so I've always been a fan of him ever since. I think he is one of the most sincere drivers in the grid. He's not perfect, but at least he strives to be better on and off track. During the Rosberg years though I was rooting for Rosberg (but I still liked Lewis overall) because he was the underdog.

wogx

The German manufacturer has endured a difficult start to the campaign, with its W13 unable to match the pace of front-runners Ferrari and Red Bull.

Although it was able to hold on to the leaders in the first stint, the combination of a too-draggy rear wing and then a mistake in trying the hard tyres meant it fell away from having a chance of challenging.

"We tried the hard tyre, which obviously wasn't great. We lost a second a lap and also on the medium, we weren't really able to extract performance"

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/merce ... n/9187692/
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

SiLo

e30ernest wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 14:23
Just_a_fan wrote:
Henri wrote:

I for example did not like Vettel in his Red Bull years. When I think about it, I still don't like him then, but I've started to like him in his late Ferrari years and now he is one of my favorite drivers on the grid.

I would say the same for Schumacher (at that time I was either a Hakkinen or Montoya fan). But when Alonso came and started winning, I switched back to Schumacher's camp and was there ever since.

I think because I disliked Alonso before I started rooting for Lewis from the start so I've always been a fan of him ever since. I think he is one of the most sincere drivers in the grid. He's not perfect, but at least he strives to be better on and off track. During the Rosberg years though I was rooting for Rosberg (but I still liked Lewis overall) because he was the underdog.
I have found that I don't like Red Bull, which causes me to not like their drivers. Although Webber will always have a soft spot for me. I think most of it comes from Horner and Marko, and maybe they way they conduct themselves compared to the more traditional teams. I am, however, a fan of every team on the grid otherwise, I just love the sport.

I did have a chuckle at the Mercedes Twitter admin throwing some shade on Red Bull, but considering the pace of the cars I don't think they have much to be happy about otherwise.
Felipe Baby!

e30ernest
e30ernest

SiLo wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 15:45
e30ernest wrote:
21 Mar 2022, 14:23
Just_a_fan wrote:

I have found that I don't like Red Bull, which causes me to not like their drivers. Although Webber will always have a soft spot for me. I think most of it comes from Horner and Marko, and maybe they way they conduct themselves compared to the more traditional teams. I am, however, a fan of every team on the grid otherwise, I just love the sport.

I did have a chuckle at the Mercedes Twitter admin throwing some shade on Red Bull, but considering the pace of the cars I don't think they have much to be happy about otherwise.
Haha yes I saw that too. Lot's of people were upset (I think WTF1 called Mercedes out on one of the tweets). It's all banter really.

ringo

George was not bad. His pace was actually better than Lewis in the stints.
If you look on racefans.net lap charts, the steeper curve shows pace dropping off more. The gentler curve shows when a driver is maintaining pace.
Lewis had a steeper curve than George. It just so happens that George could not catch him. This may have to do with Lewis managing his pace on the hards to save them, and George getting on them later and did not have to save them as much. But George is not all bad.
As for Albon vs Latifi, these cars are different and Latifi maybe has poor adaptability, so will be a poorer driver than last year. I think he will catch up to Albon. Therefore these new cars are not really an idication of ultimate driver performance so early in the season. I do expect Shumacher and Sainz to get closer to their teammates. It's the adaptable ones that are thriving.

But i was not surprised with Lewis being two tenths faster than George consistently in Qualifying. Bottas is fast as hell and people do not realize. He is faster than George, and Lewis is on average 2 to 3 tenths quicker than Bottas. So the gap is expected. It does not take away from George's speed. Eventually he will improve and Lewis will slow down.
What we can watch for now are people diminishing George to diminish Lewis because the hopes of Lewis being destroyed by George seem unrealistic. I think when Toto says Hamilton is the GOAT I think it is sincere, I do not think he is being facetious or pumping Lewis up.
For Sure!!