2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ferkan
ferkan

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

ringo wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 08:06
Charles was not just unlucky. He made poorer decisions on track than Carlos.
That to me gives Carlos more certainty for better results over a season.
But with the fastest car Charles will win over the season. Reason being less things to manage and less competitors racing at the front end of the grid.
I do suspect their relationship to sour this year however. Carlos will draw first blood.
I dont quite agree with this. For example, Leclerc got provisional pole in Monaco and crashed in 2nd run. He couldnt start because Ferrari missed checking left side of the car.

Sainz started 4th and got 2nd because both Leclerc and Bottas DNFd. Leclerc lost ,18-25pts and Sainz gained 18 (6 additionally duo to DNFs).

Now you might say, well, its Leclercs crash that resulted in DNF so its his fault. Ok, but then take a look at Hungary...Same thing happens to Carlos, he qualified 15th, Leclerc is P3 in T1 and gets crashed into by Stroll. Duo to high amount of T1 crashes in wet, half of top 10 got DNF and Sainz ended 3rd (after Vettel got disqualified).

Leclerc lost 15-25pts (since he was in Ocons position in T1), Sainz got 15.

That is such a massive point swing in midfield that its very hard to outscore team mate like Sainz when couple of races go this way (Sochi as well, from 19th to Carlos gearbox, duo to tire gamble in rain got 0 points). Not one of these happened to Sainz last year, and Leclerc had 2-3 such catastrophic situations.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

i dont get why Sainz fans bring up the 5 points difference again and again but completely forgot other head to head stats.

if you really wanna compare two drivers then have to consider other matrixs also such as one lap pace, avg qualy position, avg finish position, etc etc. nearly on all front LEC beat sainz.

imo sainz is very good driver but certainly a level below LEC. Sainz is in 8th season with some 160+ starts and yet to register a pole or win. LEC is youngest ever pole setter and race winner second only to seb & Max respectively. I dont see any match.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Andres125sx wrote:
24 Mar 2022, 09:08
Spoutnik wrote:
22 Mar 2022, 09:33
I think like last season Sainz need to adapt a bit to the car and understand it. Then he'll probably deliver. Charles obviously got more raw speed, furthemore he always had a terrific pace at Sakhir.

Otherwise, it's a very important season for Sainz to prove himself as a top tier driver and not a "1,5".
He proved himself, and anyone watching, past season tough :wink:

1 Max Verstappen NED RED BULL RACING HONDA 395.5
2 Lewis Hamilton GBR MERCEDES 387.5
3 Valtteri Bottas FIN MERCEDES 226
4 Sergio Perez MEX RED BULL RACING HONDA 190
5 Carlos Sainz ESP FERRARI 164.5
6 Lando Norris GBR MCLAREN MERCEDES 160
7 Charles Leclerc MON FERRARI 159

Or you think Leclerc is not a top driver? Because Carlos beat him despite his lack of experience in the red team/car

That point tables tells nothing about performance. if wea are going to compare the two tere are many parameters that are missing from that standing.

secondly LEC , had massive bad luck last season. Monaco, hungary, Russia where he was unfortunate to have 0 points ...whole Sainz got podiums in all 3. thats massive 40-50 points swing .

Cuky

Ferrari added yellow outline to Sainz's number and white to Leclerc's to make them more visible

JPower
JPower

Car looks hairy during practice as is Ferrari standard. Lot of porpoising.

I’m always surprised at how hard Binotto lets them drive in FP sessions.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

[quote=ringo post_id=1048866 time=1648188373 user_id=8060]
But with the fastest car Charles will win over the season. Reason being less things to manage and less competitors racing at the front end of the grid.
I do suspect their relationship to sour this year however. Carlos will draw first blood.
[/quote]

disagree with both of your points .

1. Charles made poor decision ?

monaco they failed to repair his car , at Hungary he was swept away by stroll on lap 1, both incident have nothing to do with dicision making .

At Russia , yes he took the call not to pit for intermediates so do many other drivers like lando. thats because it was only 2-3 laps remaining to finish. i simply put that to taking a risk that didnt pay off. if rain had been less or say came 5 mins late same risky call would have been cheered as brave dicision. Sainz being a smooth n low risk operator quickly took the call to change, LEC went for the Glory and paid the prize.

2. Consistency -

Again a misconception. just check both drivers results for last year , Leclerc has more Top-6 results than sainz. ( 6 Top-4 finishes ) . if just bringing car home is the criteria then sure Sainz is more consistent.

3 - Sainz podiums -

just check Sainz race results you wont find a single 4th place finish , all the times he was running 4th some how some sh*t happen and sainz got promoted to podium,
1. Hungary - he finished 4th ( started 11th ) . vettel disqualified , sainz promoted to 3rd.
2. Russia - before rain he was 4-5th , sh*t happend , lando missed out . sainz 3rd.
3. Abu dhabhi - Parez was 3rd , before he retired just 3 laps to finish again sainz got promoted 3rd.

leclerc finished top-4 six times, never had any such favor or hand of god.

to sum it all...no doubt Sainz is good but Lec is much better, a proper Champion material driver. sainz is not.

ringo

Spoutnik wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 08:49
ringo wrote:
Why you think Carlos will draw first blood ?
Why Carlos will draw first blood
He is more desparate for a win. And i see where he is thirstier than Charles. look in his eyes in the interviews.. The eyes of a desperate man. Even his conments reveal how much he wants to get on top of driving the car well enough to be faster than Charles. He isnt blaming his self for being too slow. He doesnt believe he is slower despite the reality being otherwise. He will drive himself crazy thinking he is faster than Charles but its just the setup. And so If he sees a win is possible and his is on a better strategy than Charles and the team gives him orders to stay behind.. i think he will defy those orders and grab that win.
For Sure!!

LostInTranslation
LostInTranslation

ringo wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 17:17
Spoutnik wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 08:49
ringo wrote:
Why you think Carlos will draw first blood ?
Why Carlos will draw first blood
He is more desparate for a win. And i see where he is thirstier than Charles. look in his eyes in the interviews.. The eyes of a desperate man. Even his conments reveal how much he wants to get on top of driving the car well enough to be faster than Charles. He isnt blaming his self for being too slow. He doesnt believe he is slower despite the reality being otherwise. He will drive himself crazy thinking he is faster than Charles but its just the setup. And so If he sees a win is possible and his is on a better strategy than Charles and the team gives him orders to stay behind.. i think he will defy those orders and grab that win.
I agree. He is someone who needs time, he is a rational driver, very intelligent, one who studies and always tries to improve himself. His sincerity (honesty) after Barhein is the sign of his greatness. A tenth and something in qualifying and second in the race. Moreover, he has a father who in his time was not inferior to anyone, when it comes to rally racing, and he will be able to advise him very well. I am sure he will arrive soon, in circuits that are more congenial to him. What in my opinion Carlos has not yet acquired is the "garra", as the spaniards and italians say, or the killer instinct when you are in battle (many F1 drivers have been very fast: I'm thinking of Massa, Barricchello, Fischella, Trulli, Bottas and so on etc.), but they have never been stuff to win the world championship. After all, in my opinion, it is only about courage, precisely in the primary meaning of the word, the pride of not being surpassed. If Sainz gets better at this, in hand-to-hand duels, he could be a world championship winner in F1 (and I'm sure he will, if he has the right car over the years).

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

ferkan wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 11:13
ringo wrote:
I dont quite agree with this. For example, Leclerc got provisional pole in Monaco and crashed in 2nd run. He couldnt start because Ferrari missed checking left side of the car.

Sainz started 4th and got 2nd because both Leclerc and Bottas DNFd. Leclerc lost ,18-25pts and Sainz gained 18 (6 additionally duo to DNFs).

Now you might say, well, its Leclercs crash that resulted in DNF so its his fault. Ok, but then take a look at Hungary...Same thing happens to Carlos, he qualified 15th, Leclerc is P3 in T1 and gets crashed into by Stroll. Duo to high amount of T1 crashes in wet, half of top 10 got DNF and Sainz ended 3rd (after Vettel got disqualified).

That is such a massive point swing in midfield that its very hard to outscore team mate like Sainz when couple of races go this way (Sochi as well, from 19th to Carlos gearbox, duo to tire gamble in rain got 0 points). Not one of these happened to Sainz last year, and Leclerc had 2-3 such catastrophic situations.
Sainz suffered a slow stop which cost him having a battle for 3rd place at Silverstone. He took a penalty in Turkey where the Ferrari looked really fast on wet etc.. I think it's underestimating his achievment to say it's all down to Charles unlucky moments

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Spoutnik wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 18:03
ferkan wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 11:13
ringo wrote:

Sainz suffered a slow stop which cost him having a battle for 3rd place at Silverstone. He took a penalty in Turkey where the Ferrari looked really fast on wet etc.. I think it's underestimating his achievment to say it's all down to Charles unlucky moments
Engine penalty that as per rules every driver has to take , how can that be considered being unlucky ?

wogx

Both drivers are searching for limits, both touched the walls
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

JPower
JPower

Crash in practice? Normal Leclerc/Sainz things. :lol:

LM10
LM10

Left track rod broken on Charles‘ car. I wonder if Carlos has damaged his car when he touched the wall.

JPower
JPower

LM10 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 20:06
Left track rod broken on Charles‘ car. I wonder if Carlos has damaged his car when he touched the wall.

LM10
LM10

JPower wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 20:08
LM10 wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 20:06
Alright, thank you. Hopefully nothing too bad on Carlos’ car either.