2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 07:19
lookes like Mr. Consistent is struggling as soon as some pressure is upon him.

imo last year he was void of this . Accept it or not he was a wingman appointment. nobody was expecting him to challenge or lead the team . If he clicked ( which he did good for him ) its win-win, if he didn't nobody would mind as long as he didnt really struggled with the car.
What do you mean by void ?

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Spoutnik wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 07:41
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 07:19
lookes like Mr. Consistent is struggling as soon as some pressure is upon him.

imo last year he was void of this . Accept it or not he was a wingman appointment. nobody was expecting him to challenge or lead the team . If he clicked ( which he did good for him ) its win-win, if he didn't nobody would mind as long as he didnt really struggled with the car.
What do you mean by void ?
he did not had it last year. as i have tried to explain in the comment.

dialtone
dialtone

I don't see why you should talk that way about Sainz... Ferrari and Leclerc need Sainz to be up front, not 9th and retired after 2 laps. He was very unlucky this weekend and made a mistake in T9 in the race under pressure after a bad start. Let him be.

Sevach
Sevach

This car is a monster, perfect race for Charles.
Carlos needs to calm down a bit and set his head straight for Imola.

xaero
xaero

Forza Charles.. Amazing drive.. In a league of his own.
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

F1NAC

Are we in 2000's? Woah

What a drive Charles, whaaaat a driveee!!.

Nearly shat my pants at that restart.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

People bashing Carlos I don’t understand. I’m here as a Ferrari fan, I want the best for both our drivers. Hard luck for Carlos today, it was a shocker we can agree, but he’ll be back and he’ll bring strong results as he has the last 2 races.

People who give up on people/teams after a single poor result are so annoying. We saw this with the ‘fire Binotto’ garbage over the past two seasons… bet those same whingers are glad they didn’t sack him now, eh?

Be happy. Forza Ferrari!

LM10
LM10

What a performance from both, Charles and the car. The Ferrari in the hands of Charles was on a different level today. At no point there was any danger from RedBull.

Really unlucky for Sainz, though. He pushed a bit too much there. But I’m sure he’ll make up for that in the future. He’s an excellent driver.

Anyway… let’s concentrate on the positives today. Win, fastest lap, more points than RedBull!

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

wowgr8
wowgr8

Hmmm. Trying to deflect blame there. A poor start isn't a reason to spin out. I wonder where he'd manage to finish. The car had the pace. I'm mad he did that because he would've provided a lot of entertainment in the race fighting his way to the front

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

last year, after lewis loosing it that way and going into infinity for few months , there were even claimes he will not return and many were like there is nobody to stop or even match Max .

there was even a jib by helmut marko about not being any special Wonderboy etc.

i always knew they were wrong.

imo these 3 races are enough to conclude LEC16 has it in him to win multiple races, titles etc. can lead a race from pole to start to finish without pressure getting to him. Ferrari were right on him.

wowgr8
wowgr8

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 09:14
there was even a jib by helmut marko about not being any special Wonderboy etc.

i always knew they were wrong.

imo these 3 races are enough to conclude LEC16 has it in him to win multiple races, titles etc. can lead a race from pole to start to finish without pressure getting to him. Ferrari were right on him.
Charles was a multi race winner before 2022, that really wasn't in question, Marko lives in his own world just ignore him

What Charles has yet to prove though is if he can cut out the silly errors over the season and also how he'd react if he had a bad weekend like Sainz just did. Hopefully Binotto and Ferrari pay extra attention to his mental side

Mr.S
Mr.S

38 points lead ahead of Sainz after 3 races. By Race 10 in Silverstone, Ferrari have to throw their weight behind someone. If Leclerc can win 4/5 races out of the next 7, he will have a 100+ point lead over Sainz & then it will be easy for Ferrari.

RB is fantastic with In season updates & you can have many RB 1-2s in the 2nd half. They anyways have the heaviest car also. Perez is also doing decent enough to take No. 2/3 spot if need be.

Hungary, Race 13 is before the winter break & that is when RB will go all out behind Max (Perez has only 5 points ahead of Max even with 2 DNFs for Max). The time will come for Sainz to be the obiedent boy & stop these tantrums.

If he wasn’t trying to overpush to beat Leclerc he would likely be on the podium today !

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Mr.S wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 09:23
38 points lead ahead of Sainz after 3 races. By Race 10 in Silverstone, Ferrari have to throw their weight behind someone. If Leclerc can win 4/5 races out of the next 7, he will have a 100+ point lead over Sainz & then it will be easy for Ferrari.

RB is fantastic with In season updates & you can have many RB 1-2s in the 2nd half. They anyways have the heaviest car also. Perez is also doing decent enough to take No. 2/3 spot if need be.

Hungary, Race 13 is before the winter break & that is when RB will go all out behind Max (Perez has only 5 points ahead of Max even with 2 DNFs for Max). The time will come for Sainz to be the obiedent boy & stop these tantrums.

If he wasn’t trying to overpush to beat Leclerc he would likely be on the podium today !
38 pts deficit isn't the end of the wordl, I saw on twitter Vettel 2010 (or 2012 ?) was 44 pts behind Alonso at the begginning of the season.
Charles got a very good momentum, but at some point he'll suffer a DNF or start from behind due to an issue in qualy, we'll see how he react, and Carlos has always been very weak at starting the season if you look at his career, even last season. It's a good wake up call for him he need to understand he's fighting for win every week.

chrisc90

20 races left with a possible 26pts each race. 520pts excluding sprint races. a 38pointgap at present to anyone, is nothing given its less than a 1% lead from total available points. Anything can happen regarding points.

I really dont think sainz will get the 'lead driver' this season unless he constantly outshines Charles.