2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

NicoS wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:30
Mchamilton wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:14
chrisc90 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:03
George drove a better race anyhow I think. Granted he got lucky under the SC and gained a couple positions, the car ended up where its performance sits it at the minute. Look how much the merc held Perez up in the opening 3-5 laps before he got past and pulled 3 seconds before tyre deg set in.
Lewis just being himself and blaming anyone but himself.
How did george drive a better race exactly? He was behind the whole time untill the SC helped him out. Lewis was managing tyres befote the sc, hence why he pulled the gap on george to over 2 seconds when he decided to. Then after the SC again lewis manages tyre while George fights perez for no real reason. The lewis closes to 1 second behind george untill he apparently has engine temp issue, though i think secretly the team told him to hold position, hence his comment.
If I was called Mchamilton I would also observe it in that way. many Mchamilton's would.
🤡

siskue2005

Neuron wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 09:39
It's obvious what Hamilton was trying to say. He just need to understand there is no Bottas anymore. Keep calm.
If it was not for safety cat he would have easily been 3rd or possibly 2nd.
He didn't need bottas, he needed better luck.
George was struggling to keep up with Lewis in the first stint, and in the second stint they were almost equal and Lewis was stuck behind within 1 sec for 10 to 12 laps until the team asked him to back off.

He just needed a bit of luck in the race and last race, it's easy to get frustrated as everyone are humans. I don't see any issue with what Lewis said, however, his haters are just clutching on straw. They expected George to annihilate Lewis, as that not happening this is the only time they can do it.
George is no Bottas, but from the first 3 races he definitely is not Nico Rosberg. Maybe somewhere in between those two.

Mr.S
Mr.S

Hamilton had all the luck in the world. He scored much higher points in Saudi than he should have after a disastrous qualy, got a podium due to 2 RBs retiring in Bahrain & today Verstappen had a DNF & Alonso would have been ahead in qualy without a technical issue. So let's no crib about luck here. Hamilton pitted 1 lap ahead of Russel & it wasn't planned. He was barely 3s ahead of Russel after 20+ laps & ended a few seconds behind - There was nothing between them & same was it Bahrain. Russel is no Bottas. How good he is no1 knows - Let the whole season go before making any judgement.

But both Mercedes cars have had amazing luck so far !

chrisc90

Mr.S wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:54
Hamilton had all the luck in the world. He scored much higher points in Saudi than he should have after a disastrous qualy, got a podium due to 2 RBs retiring in Bahrain & today Verstappen had a DNF & Alonso would have been ahead in qualy without a technical issue. So let's no crib about luck here. Hamilton pitted 1 lap ahead of Russel & it wasn't planned. He was barely 3s ahead of Russel after 20+ laps & ended a few seconds behind - There was nothing between them & same was it Bahrain. Russel is no Bottas. How good he is no1 knows - Let the whole season go before making any judgement.

Facts. Their car is massively off the pace of the red bulls and ferrari. They were a good 1 second + off the pace of ferrari today and probably 0.5-0.75 behind red bull per lap on similar tyres.

Im shocked the mclarens didnt come into play with them. Guess the first SC ended that opportunity for viewers.

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

How did he score more points in saudi than he should have? Cars retire from races.. That is something that always happens. Its 'lucky' for every car behind not just Lewis and George.
Only thing you said that was worth saying is 'wait the whole season to judge George'

proteus

Mchamilton wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
George drove a better race anyhow I think. Granted he got lucky under the SC and gained a couple positions, the car ended up where its performance sits it at the minute. Look how much the merc held Perez up in the opening 3-5 laps before he got past and pulled 3 seconds before tyre deg set in.
How did george drive a better race exactly? He was behind the whole time untill the SC helped him out. Lewis was managing tyres befote the sc, hence why he pulled the gap on george to over 2 seconds when he decided to. Then after the SC again lewis manages tyre while George fights perez for no real reason. The lewis closes to 1 second behind george untill he apparently has engine temp issue, though i think secretly the team told him to hold position, hence his comment.
Lewis lawyers on the work right away. Neither you or me know what exactly happened on that track. Only Lewis, George and Mercedes know. The fact of the matter however is that George finished ahead and is ahead in the standings. And the rest is pure speculation.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

wogx

Did Merc saw, that George was on podium today? 🤔

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

wogx wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 11:18

https://www.wykop.pl/cdn/c3201142/comme ... dAMA4X.jpg
Wouldn’t surprise me if RUS has a lower Q rating than BOT, he just doesn’t move the needle.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

chrisc90

Merc have always been about Hamilton. No idea what they going to do when he retires.

Shakeman

wogx wrote:
Don't let the truth get in the way of your saltiness will you? Merc have also posted pictures of Russell post race too.

Jozsusz
Jozsusz

Mr.S wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:54

You can't even write down Russell.

Neuron
Neuron

siskue2005 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:50
George is no Bottas, but from the first 3 races he definitely is not Nico Rosberg. Maybe somewhere in between those two.
It's quite interesting to compare Russell (3 races with Mercedes) to Rosberg (6 years with Mercedes until he won a WDC against Hamilton) but... ok.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

wogx wrote:

Is that the official Merc account or a fan version?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

siskue2005

Just_a_fan wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 13:49
wogx wrote:

Is that the official Merc account or a fan version?
It's a fan account, that's not official handle

siskue2005

proteus wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 11:09
Mchamilton wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
Lewis lawyers on the work right away. Neither you or me know what exactly happened on that track. Only Lewis, George and Mercedes know. The fact of the matter however is that George finished ahead and is ahead in the standings. And the rest is pure speculation.
Hmmm.. you must have missed the part where Lewis was ahead in the first stint when George was slower and around 7 sec behind Lewis before the safety car came.🤔