2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ClarkBT11

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

proteus wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 11:27
ClarkBT11 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 21:44
I wish our two had a bit of personality like the McLaren driver's. You can't have everything I suppose, signing Lando when Lewis leaves would be my 1st choice
Lando commited himself until 2026, the question is if Lewis will stay for that long, or who will be used for that period of time. Mclaren would probably want a pretty big amount of buyout money for Lando, to break the contract sooner.
I don't think there would be a better option I can't picture another top driver that would fit in but I agree with what your saying

PlatinumZealot

Ignoring is necessary sometimes. Trust me. It's a great way to keep out of trouble and it's the only sure way to ignore trolls.

I never thought I would need the ignore button until Silverstone 2021 happened!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Mattchu

Personally I just scroll straight past some users, when I`ve seen enough of their posts to form an opinion that 90% plus of their posts are just **** stirring, or winding others up, or being complete "know it alls"!

Lifes to short and I`m not a spring chicken anymore...

proteus

ClarkBT11 wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 20:56
proteus wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 21:44
I wish our two had a bit of personality like the McLaren driver's. You can't have everything I suppose, signing Lando when Lewis leaves would be my 1st choice
Lando commited himself until 2026, the question is if Lewis will stay for that long, or who will be used for that period of time. Mclaren would probably want a pretty big amount of buyout money for Lando, to break the contract sooner.
I don't think there would be a better option I can't picture another top driver that would fit in but I agree with what your saying
I do belive their future sits with Russell as a number 1 and as their team leader. And that Ocon might get the chance for a second seat when Lewis goes. - As far as a current driver market goes.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Zynerji

proteus wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 22:04
ClarkBT11 wrote:
proteus wrote:

I do belive their future sits with Russell as a number 1 and as their team leader. And that Ocon might get the chance for a second seat when Lewis goes. - As far as a current driver market goes.
I dunno. I like Ocon, but if Lewis retired and George was #1, I'd sign Lance Stroll as the steady handed #2 immediately. You can laugh, but the Moneyball Theory is heavily in Strolls favor (he gets "on base" with points alot). He's done seriously good work in seriously sub-optimal cars.

silver
silver

#AMuS

ClarkBT11

proteus wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:
proteus wrote:

No doubt he'll do the job on track I've got a feeling he's a bit of a diva behind the scenes and hasn't got the fan appeal but that's just my opinion. He's too posh for the general public to connect with him, again just my opinion.

toraabe
toraabe

I see that some are complaining on this. Why.. No reason. If Toto wants to express his opinion he is in full right to do so. https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/04/11 ... lity-masi/

silver
silver

toraabe wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 07:36
I see that some are complaining on this. Why.. No reason. If Toto wants to express his opinion he is in full right to do so. https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/04/11 ... lity-masi/
Toto is within his right to have an opinion. What doesn't reflect well is continuing to go on in public with his rants for something that happened last season. There is always a point where one stops complaining and gets on with things important to be done and looking at the state of affairs with W13, his energy would be well spent on matters of Brackley and Bricksworth.

IMHO, it's strange that Masi even joined him for lunch, especially knowing Toto's public dressing down of him. I wonder why would he join for a lunch and who convinced him to join or is that event in real. Hard to believe that anyone that has gone through such humiliation, would agree to join for a lunch with a guy that lead it. Truth can be stranger than fiction and Masi deserves this further humiliation for having that lunch.

toraabe
toraabe

Well..... maybe Mr Masi is still having a "Besserwisser" attitude. If so it has to be adressd.

silver
silver

toraabe wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 08:51
Well..... maybe Mr Masi is still having a "Besserwisser" attitude. If so it has to be adressd.
Why is that necessary to be addressed and how Toto's public rant would address that? If Toto believes Masi hasn't changed with everything that has happened so far, does Toto's current shenanigan would address it? I am no supporter of Masi, but how his episode was handled by FIA and Toto leaves a lot to be desired. This new episode simply adds to that mess. If you really see, the current episode is damaging Toto's reputation more than that of Masi's.

Quantum

silver wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 08:14
toraabe wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 07:36
Toto is within his right to have an opinion. What doesn't reflect well is continuing to go on in public with his rants for something that happened last season. There is always a point where one stops complaining and gets on with things important to be done and looking at the state of affairs with W13, his energy would be well spent on matters of Brackley and Bricksworth.

IMHO, it's strange that Masi even joined him for lunch, especially knowing Toto's public dressing down of him. I wonder why would he join for a lunch and who convinced him to join or is that event in real. Hard to believe that anyone that has gone through such humiliation, would agree to join for a lunch with a guy that lead it. Truth can be stranger than fiction and Masi deserves this further humiliation for having that lunch.
He was interviewed and asked a question relating to the matter and gave a frank opinion. You made mention of this yourself. Criticism of "going public" "complaining" etc are moot as this was a direct question.
It is also not prudent for a Team principle to get involved in matters technical, Toto does his thing and the team will do theirs.
It seems you are suggesting Toto is to blame for Masi's decision too. If so, I suggest some bias here as 9 other team principles have exhibited the same behaviour too(radio calls, etc) in varying but comparable degrees.

Ultimately the bone of contention has gone unaddressed and that will rankle for many. But the suggestion Toto is an outlier here is plain wrong when it's his team that have paid the price for Masi's staggering incompetence.
"Interplay of triads"

atanatizante

Ok, let`s do a recap: until the second SC there were 16 laps and HAM was 16.7 sec away from LEC and that`s it 1.1 sec/lap ... then until the 3rd SC phase there were only 13 laps with HAM at 17.3 sec behind LEC, so just 1.33 sec/lap deficit to Ferrari ...

On another note, is it me or in the slow turns 14 and particularly 13 the W13 seems to have better traction out of the corner than RB18 as we could clearly see when HAM chased PER on lap 20&21 ... The latter went through a graining/wearing down phase or was just down to W13 having a higher DF setup?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

atanatizante

With both VET and now HAM having at Australia race PU cooling issues, McL same issues in Jeddah and Williams & AM at Bahrein, altogether backing the rumours started from Bahrein, could they deliberately run in a particular PU mode that would trigger this kind of issue just to justify an upgrade for reliability grounds like Honda did in the past?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

ClarkBT11 wrote:
12 Apr 2022, 01:42
proteus wrote:
ClarkBT11 wrote:

No doubt he'll do the job on track I've got a feeling he's a bit of a diva behind the scenes and hasn't got the fan appeal but that's just my opinion. He's too posh for the general public to connect with him, again just my opinion.
Being a bit "posh" didn't hurt Button's place in British fans' hearts. Hunt was also "a bit posh" and again popular in the UK. Same with Stirling Moss.

I think George and Lando will split the fan vote between them, but I can see George becoming popular if he does well against Lewis as the latter isn't actually that popular in the UK.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.