2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/spri ... s/9830468/

Ferrari will hold fire on big upgrades in Imola.
Vanja #66 wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 10:10
In 2017 it was a very good start of the season for the team just like this year, but it was clear Mercedes is right there with the car. 2018 was almost as good, but not like 2017. In 2012 and 2010 it was mostly Alonso carrying the team and his racing opportunism which got the team close to WDC. 2007 was a good start, but not as good like this year for Kimi, the leading driver.

We'd really have to go back to 2004 for a better start of the season for the team and leading driver, especially regarding the points advantage over the competition. Of course the team will deny they can and should win the C'ships after 3 races, but realistically with a start like this - both are theirs to lose. They should embrace this and work hard not to allow themselves another loss, just like RB and Merc did in the previous 12 seasons.

And more importantly than anything else, they must think about the Tifosi, how many out there can handle a 6th heart attack in 15 years :mrgreen:
In 2017 Mercedes actually looked like they had a lot of performance to unlock in a temperamental car, on a lot of tracks it was clear class of the field still, on anything but the slowest of tracks Ferrari had to fight hard to beat them.

The 2018 car was faster in comparison, but results kept slipping by badly timed SC, rain...

ringo

Mr.S wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 10:30
Spoutnik wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 09:54
Mr.S wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 09:23
38 points lead ahead of Sainz after 3 races. By Race 10 in Silverstone, Ferrari have to throw their weight behind someone. If Leclerc can win 4/5 races out of the next 7, he will have a 100+ point lead over Sainz & then it will be easy for Ferrari.

RB is fantastic with In season updates & you can have many RB 1-2s in the 2nd half. They anyways have the heaviest car also. Perez is also doing decent enough to take No. 2/3 spot if need be.

Hungary, Race 13 is before the winter break & that is when RB will go all out behind Max (Perez has only 5 points ahead of Max even with 2 DNFs for Max). The time will come for Sainz to be the obiedent boy & stop these tantrums.

If he wasn’t trying to overpush to beat Leclerc he would likely be on the podium today !
38 pts deficit isn't the end of the wordl, I saw on twitter Vettel 2010 (or 2012 ?) was 44 pts behind Alonso at the begginning of the season.
Charles got a very good momentum, but at some point he'll suffer a DNF or start from behind due to an issue in qualy, we'll see how he react, and Carlos has always been very weak at starting the season if you look at his career, even last season. It's a good wake up call for him he need to understand he's fighting for win every week.
Vettel was 37 points behind after Race 2 because of 1 DNF in 2010 but he was always 10-20-25 points there with likely the faster car in 2010. In 2012, I can't remember it ever went to 38 points.

So no it hasn't been done. Max's highest lead in 2021 was 32 odd points & it took Mercedes' monster engine to draw level till the very last race.
This is a myth, but I get your point, no driver is safe until it's mathematically not possible to be beaten. However last year Hamilton was challenging Max. This year Max is struggling to keep pace with Charles. As long as Charles is able to keep distance between him and Max, he should be fine. If Sainz comes into play and and can play rear gunner, even better for Charles.
For Sure!!

ringo

ferkan wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 13:04
Alonsismo wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 12:59
if Ferrari keeps the pace, Sainz will be 2022 WDC.

Sainz is better than Leclerc.
in qualy leclerc is only 0.05-0.1s faster, but leclercs race pace is worse than sainzs pace.
Sainz is not as good as Leclerc, let alone better him. Plus, if anything, difference in race pace looks bigger then in qualy.
Sainz is very good once he is calm and can assess the situation. I think he is very clinical and is underrated. He can orchestrate a perfect race. What weakens him is when pressure mounts. He is unfamiliar to the pressures of having the fastest car and the only thing stopping you from being champion is your teammate. I saw the red mist in his eyes since the first qualifying session. Unfortunately for him I do not think he will be able to control these emotions this year and be at his best. A sound beating from Leclerc will give him the new mindset to just focus on himself and what he can do.
I do hope he gets a race win this year though.
As I said, he has some clinical racing qualities that Charles does not posses, but he cannot take pressure like Charles and he does not have that extra gear and that robot like ruthlessness that Leclerc has. Pride is also Sainz weakness. Leclerc is humble and blames himself first. Carlos Sainz Jr. is racing royalty like Rosberg, these guys feel entitled and it makes them get bitter.
Looking forward to the battle between this two!
For Sure!!

ringo

dialtone wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 23:06
Juzh wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 22:46
leclerc fastest lap 1.20.260. Almost perfect traffic gives him DRS 3 times + 1 big slipstream.
https://streamable.com/rgd7ry
Thanks for the video! Yeah pretty lucky with the DRS, but still an almost perfect lap with 36 laps old tyres (checked on telemetry). I think even without DRS it would have been very close:

https://i.postimg.cc/543VwhD5/LEC-ALO.png

T1 and T6 are much better for Alonso, but every other corner is either even or LEC is on a different planet, and even the straights in which there's no DRS, LEC is a lot faster, but it could be saved deployment so... hard to know. From fresh mediums I would have expected more from Alonso in the corners.
More left foot braking from Charles. Interesting style.
For Sure!!

CHT
CHT

Juzh wrote:
leclerc fastest lap 1.20.260. Almost perfect traffic gives him DRS 3 times + 1 big slipstream. He gained around 1.1s on straights compared to his previous best 1:20.9. Some of it will be down to fuel being burnt off, but obviously not nearly as much as from drs. Without this help i don't think he'd be able to beat alonso's 1:20.8
It is also possible that other drivers' person best may also be aided by DRS. However, I do think the main factor here could be due to low tire degradation which allows Leclerc to confidently put some of these fast laps towards the end of the race

S E C T I O

CHT wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 05:13
Juzh wrote:
leclerc fastest lap 1.20.260. Almost perfect traffic gives him DRS 3 times + 1 big slipstream. He gained around 1.1s on straights compared to his previous best 1:20.9. Some of it will be down to fuel being burnt off, but obviously not nearly as much as from drs. Without this help i don't think he'd be able to beat alonso's 1:20.8
It is also possible that other drivers' person best may also be aided by DRS. However, I do think the main factor here could be due to low tire degradation which allows Leclerc to confidently put some of these fast laps towards the end of the race
wow what an ease, it seems to be going shopping at the supermarket. a very solid assembly.
-§- Each section is wholeness. Oo==§==oO My english suck,sorry-§-

Juzh

CHT wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 05:13
Juzh wrote:
It is also possible that other drivers' person best may also be aided by DRS.
I checked it out. It wasn't.

CHT
CHT

Do you mean you actually watch all the onboard cameras of every drivers' fastest lap? =D> =D>

Juzh

CHT wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 11:40
Do you mean you actually watch all the onboard cameras of every drivers' fastest lap? =D> =D>
No I just checked on https://www.f1-tempo.com/ and you can see on bottom line DRS is always off on alonso's fastest lap which was second fastest behind leclerc.

LM10
LM10

Giuliano Duchessa:

„Ferrari will be trying to lower the car even more when an evolved floor is being developed. What worries the opponents is that the F1-75 is still driving with a higher ride height, which suggests it has unexplored setup possibilities should Ferrari resolve it."

"This would give the F1-75 a better efficiency on the straights, plus it is finally possible to soften the suspension in favor of the slow corners."

Ferrari is already miles ahead in slow corners. :wtf:

siskue2005

LM10 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 23:21
Giuliano Duchessa:

„Ferrari will be trying to lower the car even more when an evolved floor is being developed. What worries the opponents is that the F1-75 is still driving with a higher ride height, which suggests it has unexplored setup possibilities should Ferrari resolve it."

"This would give the F1-75 a better efficiency on the straights, plus it is finally possible to soften the suspension in favor of the slow corners."

Yup sounds like Ferrari's concept is the best in the field now. Everyone will be gravitating towards Ferrari style aero now. They still have some proposing, if that's solved I think they will be miles ahead

wowgr8
wowgr8

I don't think the sidepod concept is everything on these cars. Binotto said the sidepods are only worth 10% of the performance. So it's not a guarantee we'll see the Ferrari sidepods being copied

I saw a comparison between the Ferrari and Red Bull floors and the Ferrari floor looked so much more simple, they also don't use the floor edge wing the way the other teams do and yet the car is still the quickest. Wherever Ferrari's advantage comes from its somewhere under the skin, and it isn't just the PU

Vanja #66

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 12:50
I saw a comparison between the Ferrari and Red Bull floors and the Ferrari floor looked so much more simple, they also don't use the floor edge wing the way the other teams do and yet the car is still the quickest. Wherever Ferrari's advantage comes from its somewhere under the skin, and it isn't just the PU
Comparison of underside of the floor or?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

wowgr8
wowgr8

Vanja #66 wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 14:34
Comparison of underside of the floor or?
The tunnel inlet & fences

deadhead

siskue2005 wrote:
14 Apr 2022, 07:05
LM10 wrote:
13 Apr 2022, 23:21
Giuliano Duchessa:

Yup sounds like Ferrari's concept is the best in the field now. Everyone will be gravitating towards Ferrari style aero now. They still have some proposing, if that's solved I think they will be miles ahead
Everyone seems to assume that the bouncing is in fact fixable on the Ferrari car just because red bull were able to solve with apparent ease, doesn't really mean all the other teams can do it. Perhaps the design of the Red Bull allows for things in that area the F175 can't do? Mercedes are obviously struggling as well, so it isn't a given, and even if they did, we don't know if it will be a net positive effect.

We will see I guess.