2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Haas have built an ok car, and they also have the best PU on the grid. It makes sense that they are competitive. As others note, the car looks nothing like the Ferrari. The performance is helped by the PU, and everything else is just coincidence.
A lion must kill its prey.

continuum16

LM10 wrote:
19 Apr 2022, 22:06
So which are the 3 teams wanting the FIA to have a look at possible IP sharing between Ferrari and Haas? Looking at what hypocrite Szafnauer told, one of them must be Alpine and then two of the three Mercedes powered teams.

I find it really amusing, to be honest. In the last years when Haas looked much more like a Ferrari, no one bothered. But now, when Ferrari is winning and Haas catapulted itself from dead end to solid midfield, some teams already started doing acts of desperation.

The reality is, that there are more differences than similarities between the SF F1-75 and the VF-22. Front wing, nose, tunnel entry, floor, sidepods, diffuser, rear wing… basically everything seen from outside is different to the point that it’s absolutely ridiculous to talk about IP share.
If I had to guess based on press comments (always dangerous), the complainers would be Alpine, McLaren, and Mercedes. Aston Martin and Williams already buy many parts from Mercedes, so I don't think they'd complain. Vasseur has more or less said he doesn't care. RB/AT surely aren't going to campaign against team collaboration...
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

continuum16 wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 17:28
LM10 wrote:
19 Apr 2022, 22:06
So which are the 3 teams wanting the FIA to have a look at possible IP sharing between Ferrari and Haas? Looking at what hypocrite Szafnauer told, one of them must be Alpine and then two of the three Mercedes powered teams.

I find it really amusing, to be honest. In the last years when Haas looked much more like a Ferrari, no one bothered. But now, when Ferrari is winning and Haas catapulted itself from dead end to solid midfield, some teams already started doing acts of desperation.

The reality is, that there are more differences than similarities between the SF F1-75 and the VF-22. Front wing, nose, tunnel entry, floor, sidepods, diffuser, rear wing… basically everything seen from outside is different to the point that it’s absolutely ridiculous to talk about IP share.
If I had to guess based on press comments (always dangerous), the complainers would be Alpine, McLaren, and Mercedes. Aston Martin and Williams already buy many parts from Mercedes, so I don't think they'd complain. Vasseur has more or less said he doesn't care. RB/AT surely aren't going to campaign against team collaboration...
I think you are spot on about the complainers. More than an educated guess at that.
A lion must kill its prey.

wowgr8
wowgr8

IS THE HAAS A WHITE FERRARI?
More differences than similarities
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... 1-technik/

Funny that AMuS who regularly call the Haas the "US Ferrari" in their articles (including in this piece) then write an entire article talking about how different the cars are

S D

wowgr8 wrote:
20 Apr 2022, 19:58
IS THE HAAS A WHITE FERRARI?
More differences than similarities
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... 1-technik/

Funny that AMuS who regularly call the Haas the "US Ferrari" in their articles (including in this piece) then write an entire article talking about how different the cars are
In truth there are many similarities... Engine and gearbox plus others we know about but there are more, both are single seaters, they both have front and back wings, four wheels, steering wheel, fuel tank etc even though they look different (excuse the sarcasm).

Perhaps they suspect something or worse they are just asking them to snoop in desperate hopes that something gets uncovered or it's simply a case of tying up management addressing the allegations so these two teams spend less time improving the F1-75 or the HAAS.

These teams, whoever they are, might spend more time fixing their own cars instead of finding excuses to explain to their sponsors why HAAS has taken points away from their expectations.

Complaining teams should actually be able to present proof that something is covert instead of just complaining. Does anyone know if anything has been presented in the way of proof?

Andres125sx

I think assuming those teams who are legally purchasing parts of another teams, can´t be the complainers, is a mistake. There´s a difference between doing legal things and doing illegal things

Gilles27Kimi7
Gilles27Kimi7

Sainz + Leclerc until 2024, at least.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Happy for him. Far behind Leclerc atm +contract extension, he will drive with less pressure showing the best version himself

Wouter

Spoutnik wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:14
Happy for him. Far behind Leclerc atm +contract extension, he will drive with less pressure showing the best version himself
Well deserved!! Great!! Far behind Leclerc atm?? I don't think so.
The Power of Dreams!

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Yes! So happy. For me, Charles + Sainz, and Binotto + Mekies and David Sanchez + Enrico Cardille + Enrico Gualtieri is PEAK.

That right there is the dream team people. Soak it up. FORZA FERRARI!

silver
silver

Very good decision from both parties. With that piece off the head, hope Sainz can come hard now.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Wouter wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:23
Spoutnik wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 11:14
Well deserved!! Great!! Far behind Leclerc atm?? I don't think so.
Mathematically !

adrianjordan

Would love to see Carlos celebrating with a win this weekend!! Vamos!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

SSScoffee
SSScoffee

[Giuliano Duchessa] Ferrari: introduction of PU2 (new reinforced ICE) on the car of Carlos Sainz. The old PU is in Maranello for a precautionary check, but will be available for the next GPs

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

SSScoffee wrote:
21 Apr 2022, 19:08
https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/statu ... BLc6R-atEQ

[Giuliano Duchessa] Ferrari: introduction of PU2 (new reinforced ICE) on the car of Carlos Sainz. The old PU is in Maranello for a precautionary check, but will be available for the next GPs
now the question is if it'll be turned up to the claimed +10 hp