2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
saviour stivala
saviour stivala

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

LM10 wrote:
22 Apr 2022, 13:07
I don’t know what’s there to be nervous about. Ferrari simply have found an issue when doing routine checks on the PU and decided to give Sainz PU 2. The older PU will be further checked and necessary fixes will be applied. That PU is far away from being at it’s end of life and will stay in the engine pool for free practice and races where power is not so important.

Also, I doubt Ferrari will give Carlos a more aggressive mapping than Charles. If any, they’ll go even more conservative overall because of the earlier than planned change.
‘Number 55 first PU earlier than planned change’. If the first PU will be returned to the pool number two PU will do more qualifying + races than the first PU would have done if it wasn’t pulled off.

Vanja #66

The car is slightly too gentle on tyres, drivers can't warm them up quick enough. Hot summer races are coming, this trait will be a benefit.Drag and updates have nothing to do with this result.

But in cold races, especially with only one practice session in a changing weekend, one team can have more luck in setup than other. It was a reverse situation compared to Australia. Leclerc was lucky to save 8 points, those will be very useful later.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

f1316
f1316

Yeah as above, setup didn’t look right for Ferrari - I think that hurt them, as did obviously the start and not having a second car in the mix to push the strategy.

Ultimately the RB was faster here although not by a huge margin and given the lack of upgrades for Ferrari I think that’s not too awful, although clearly the result and the fact they didn’t maximise is the bigger cause for concern. A 3rd and 4th place finish for the two drivers is where they should have been and both championships would look pretty different if so.

Still, if they bring a significant update to Miami - which is supposed to include a change in engine mapping + potentially the new floor - it can swing just as dramatically back the other way.

jumpingfish

Now I thought .. In such a situation as today, would it not be better for the marshals (with caution) to push the car onto the track, if it has not stalled and is not badly damaged, so that it arrives to the box on its own, and not wait for the loader to transfer behind the fence? In this way, you can reduce the time under the SC.

LM10
LM10

Binotto told Sky Italy that they will bring something to Miami but a more significant upgrade package will arrive in Barcelona!

via @GiulyDuchessa via @tami.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

I hope sainz can get a clean race at miami...
he deserves the win

Sevach
Sevach

Figure out this Miami setup.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

jumpingfish wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 19:36
Now I thought .. In such a situation as today, would it not be better for the marshals (with caution) to push the car onto the track, if it has not stalled and is not badly damaged, so that it arrives to the box on its own, and not wait for the loader to transfer behind the fence? In this way, you can reduce the time under the SC.

https://i.imgur.com/m56JzGC.png
I hope Imola race will be wake up call for Ferrari. Fourth race without any updates on the car and total dominance for Red Bull on their home soil. Ferrari must develop the car urgently if they want win again.

JPower
JPower

Fer.Fan wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 15:01
jumpingfish wrote:
24 Apr 2022, 19:36

https://i.imgur.com/m56JzGC.png
I hope Imola race will be wake up call for Ferrari. Fourth race without any updates on the car and total dominance for Red Bull on their home soil. Ferrari must develop the car urgently if they want win again.
There is no need for Ferrari to follow anyone else’s lead in the development race. If their strategy is to release large upgrades instead of small ones they need to stick with it.

Sevach
Sevach

Fer.Fan wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 15:01

Apparently Binotto has said they'll have upgrades both in Miami and Barcelona.

Vanja #66

The car, such as it is, will be right at the top in Miami. Just like it was in Imola. 8 points in the main race was down to driver errors of Leclerc and Ricciardo. P3 was maximum for Leclerc due to poor setup, which was due to mixed conditions and idiotic sprint format with only one hour for car setup.

For Ferrari it was a perfect storm of missfortune in Q and main race, all the red flags and incidents hurt them and benefited RB. If there was one less red flag in Q, Leclerc would have taken pole, started both races on better position and maybe would have even won the race. P2 at least.

It was one of those weekends, that's racing. RB is yet to face those weekends, those reliability issues are a different thing completely and are a part of their learning curve.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Alakshendra

Not entirely sure what has happened in the race but it sure was a disastrous weekend for us. Ferrari also seems to be bouncing off the track specially in case of sainz.

Somehow the setup was also weird that redbull both drivers were able to capatalise that well at the start but leclerc struggled and finished even behind russel which was even more heartbreaking.

Porpoising is not that big a problem on the straights as long as it does not damage the car or shake the driver beyond what they can tolerate however ferrari sure have this problem and it seems we will lose the season if we didnt solved this issue. May be the new floor which is rumored. Fingers crossed.

Sevach
Sevach

Alakshendra wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 16:51
Not entirely sure what has happened in the race but it sure was a disastrous weekend for us. Ferrari also seems to be bouncing off the track specially in case of sainz.

Somehow the setup was also weird that redbull both drivers were able to capatalise that well at the start but leclerc struggled and finished even behind russel which was even more heartbreaking.

Porpoising is not that big a problem on the straights as long as it does not damage the car or shake the driver beyond what they can tolerate however ferrari sure have this problem and it seems we will lose the season if we didnt solved this issue. May be the new floor which is rumored. Fingers crossed.
I think Charles was braking slightly earlier to let the car settle for T1, if the problem dissapeared and the team didn't lower the car at all i think .1 maybe .2
If they can bring down the ride height there's no telling how much it would be.

Manfer
Manfer

Sevach wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 18:04
Alakshendra wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 16:51

I think Charles was braking slightly earlier to let the car settle for T1, if the problem dissapeared and the team didn't lower the car at all i think .1 maybe .2
If they can bring down the ride height there's no telling how much it would be.
I have a suspicion that Ferrari had to slightly raise the car to protect it from the bumpy main straight. Combined with the fact that they did not have enough time to figure out a best case setup made their life complicated.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 Apr 2022, 16:32
The car, such as it is, will be right at the top in Miami. Just like it was in Imola. 8 points in the main race was down to driver errors of Leclerc and Ricciardo. P3 was maximum for Leclerc due to poor setup, which was due to mixed conditions and idiotic sprint format with only one hour for car setup.

For Ferrari it was a perfect storm of missfortune in Q and main race, all the red flags and incidents hurt them and benefited RB. If there was one less red flag in Q, Leclerc would have taken pole, started both races on better position and maybe would have even won the race. P2 at least.

It was one of those weekends, that's racing. RB is yet to face those weekends, those reliability issues are a different thing completely and are a part of their learning curve.
I just pray that your assessments are right, lets stay positive and I hope the drivers start to calm down and put the thoughts behind. To be a champion one should first build a championship mindset and build on the strength and stay focused. Its a long year and lets stay close as long as possible and collect as many points possible without any risk.
Hope Miami will be a favorable result for the team.