2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Yes! That’s what I’m talking about! What a qualifying from both drivers. Really good comeback from Sainz.

And oh man, what a car that Ferrari is. Still with almost no upgrades. Let that sink in.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

lets hope for a Sainz win tomorrow

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

dialtone
dialtone

Re: Ferrari F1-75

And that low downforce approach is very hard to drive, Max made a small mistake and threw the lap away. Charles made 3 mistakes in the first 3 corners and still ended up with a very decent S1.

ferkan
ferkan

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:25
Maybe Ferrari wanted to play a joke with other teams, claiming to have a new RW and make them spend time overanalysing it... :mrgreen: No matter how they defined it, they didn't really bring anything new and that's not a bad thing. Car is quick in all conditions and for a new track - bettet to work with what you already have and know a lot about.

Overall, they are doing what RB did from H2-2009 to the end of 2013 - pump the downforce, make the car easy to set up and drive and build the confidence of drivers. RB going towards high top speed instead of more downforce is strange for them, but that's how things are going...
They said couple weeks ago that one of the big improvements they made and what they worked hard over winter was top speed, which they found to be severely lacking during 2021 and at threat of Mercedes after half a season and bendy RW ban.

ringo

dialtone wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:57
And that low downforce approach is very hard to drive, Max made a small mistake and threw the lap away. Charles made 3 mistakes in the first 3 corners and still ended up with a very decent S1.
The redbull has downforce if they wanted. I just feel they rather have the top speed if it gives the best average pace over a race. And had it not been for reliability Max would have more wins this season. I think Ferrari's days are numbered. It's just a matter of time. The redbull still seems the faster car to me. But lets see how the race goes. I am glad Ferrari are leading dont get me wrong. But i just feel Redbull dont have it all together.
For Sure!!

dialtone
dialtone

ringo wrote:
08 May 2022, 02:57
dialtone wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:57
The redbull has downforce if they wanted. I just feel they rather have the top speed if it gives the best average pace over a race. And had it not been for reliability Max would have more wins this season. I think Ferrari's days are numbered. It's just a matter of time. The redbull still seems the faster car to me. But lets see how the race goes. I am glad Ferrari are leading dont get me wrong. But i just feel Redbull dont have it all together.
What does "has downforce if they wanted" even mean? You think they like to use their tires more and arrive 3rd and 4th in quali?

What additional wins would they have? Bahrain the car broke down when he was 2nd at SC restart, but he would have never won without SC anyway. In Australia they were nowhere. They won Jeddah (SC really gifted that win) and Imola. What other wins are you talking about?

Today they lost quali even with the lighter car and all the updates from Imola while Ferrari basically is the same car aero and weight wise. I don't know where your optimism could be coming from, I don't think Ferrari will dominate the season but there's been no proof to say that RedBull is the faster car, if anything on a single lap Ferrari has more poles and less average gap in quali, and all of this while also being more reliable...

SAEED
SAEED

Charles Leclerc vs. Carlos Sainz Qualifying Laps Compared | 2022 Miami Grand Prix

f1316
f1316

So as this video shows, Sainz didn’t lose it in the last corner at all. He was 0.16 up in s1 but 0.18 down in S2 - so Leclerc was already ahead by end of S2 - and he just stretched his advantage further throughout S3.

Nevertheless good job by Carlos to recover and get P2. We really need him to retain position at the start so Ferrari can manage the race, so 🤞for a clean getaway fit both days

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Spoutnik wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:35

Take a leaf out of our epic team principals book, and respect Carlos.

Funny that it’s only the fans that say drivers are done after a few bad results. The team are much more concerned on seeing both drivers be successful and succeed. Binotto’s words, I think, will be very reassuring for Carlos. That’s how you manage pressure, not like redbull seem to after the Albon/Gasly disasters. Which is to say - constantly pressure them to succeed with the driver fully in the knowledge that if it doesn’t come together they’ll just get rotated out. We saw how well that worked…

Forza Ferrari, Forza Binotto.

ringo

They did not get enough running in the car today. Operationally Ferrari are better than Redbull this season. Max would have had pole with more running to allow the car to be setup optimally.
For Sure!!

LM10
LM10

ringo wrote:
08 May 2022, 09:19
They did not get enough running in the car today. Operationally Ferrari are better than Redbull this season. Max would have had pole with more running to allow the car to be setup optimally.
Yea… whatever makes you feel happy.

Ferrari 1-2 in the fifth qualifying of the season with the launch spec car. Your claim of Ferrari’s days being numbered sounds funny and is unfounded.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

JPBD1990 wrote:
08 May 2022, 06:59
Spoutnik wrote:
07 May 2022, 23:35

Take a leaf out of our epic team principals book, and respect Carlos.

Funny that it’s only the fans that say drivers are done after a few bad results. The team are much more concerned on seeing both drivers be successful and succeed. Binotto’s words, I think, will be very reassuring for Carlos. That’s how you manage pressure, not like redbull seem to after the Albon/Gasly disasters. Which is to say - constantly pressure them to succeed with the driver fully in the knowledge that if it doesn’t come together they’ll just get rotated out. We saw how well that worked…

Forza Ferrari, Forza Binotto.
You are right.
He did a nice job yersteday Carlos. Binotto must think apart from the bad luck, it's his "2019 Leclerc" season, he's discovering success, and fights for win.

kimmmykim
kimmmykim

ringo wrote:They did not get enough running in the car today. Operationally Ferrari are better than Redbull this season. Max would have had pole with more running to allow the car to be setup optimally.
That Ferrari are basically still running the same car they brought to the Bahrain test and got pole ahead of a heavily upgraded Red Bull at a low downforce track just shows how good of a car Ferrari have built. Credit has to be given where it is due.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

Schippke
Schippke

Sorry to share the opinion of the discussion of upgrades here... these should most likely be moved to the Team Chat instead of here, so this can go there as well I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of physical Ferrari updates on the car is purely down to waiting got Spain to come along, which as we all know, the teams have a mountain of data on from previous seasons... not to mention these cars did test there earlier in the year. Any new updates brought to the car could be validated there much better than anywhere else on the calendar, and particularly the races just come and gone; Miami itself being a brand new track, wouldn't have made a great deal of sense in bring anything major as more time would've been spent learning the track and optimising the current package to it.

I reckon we'll see more bits and pieces from Ferrari (and all the other teams) come Spain. And even if it is minor, a lot of parts might look the same, but could carry a reduction of weight... which alone would bring a significant improvement in performance.