2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
astralx
astralx

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2022, 18:52
PlatinumZealot wrote:
07 May 2022, 16:56
Carlos is mentally strong and clearly he has shown extreme mental capacity to drive and think of the big picture at the same time, but why is he getting these little brain farts every now and then?
Pressure of driving for Ferrari
Pressure of trying to beat Leclerc
Pressure for 1st race win
Pressure for 1st pole
Pressure not to be the number 2 at Ferrari.
Pressure to make amends for Australia and Imola.

Carlos is in an unenviable position. The best thing Ferrari could do for Sainz right now is talk Leclerc into slowing down :wink: . Sainz needs some confidence.
....or to talk Leclerc no.1 for this season

Andi76
Andi76

Re: Ferrari F1-75

ringo wrote:
08 May 2022, 09:19
They did not get enough running in the car today. Operationally Ferrari are better than Redbull this season. Max would have had pole with more running to allow the car to be setup optimally.
Well, thats a theory. Another one is that Leclerc still would have been on Pole. Anyway - if you take an unbiased look on all the race weekends, Ferrari was faster at 3 of 4 tracks with no updates, while Red Bull was faster in Imola only. Under conditions that usually mess up the natural pecking order.
Last edited by Andi76 on 08 May 2022, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

GrrG

Qualifying telemetry: aggressive Leclerc-Sainz, perfect Ferrari

https://www.formulapassion.it/opinioni/ ... 16647.html

F1NAC

Time to unleash the upgrades

dialtone
dialtone

Yep, porpoising has just about ruined enough races compared to RedBull and the new suspension supposed to come mid season... Well I hope they can put it together faster.

JPower
JPower

I think both drivers got what they could out of the cars.

I'm more concerned about those pitstops. They were horrible.

ringo

LM10 wrote:
08 May 2022, 09:40
ringo wrote:
They did not get enough running in the car today. Operationally Ferrari are better than Redbull this season. Max would have had pole with more running to allow the car to be setup optimally.
Yea… whatever makes you feel happy.

Ferrari 1-2 in the fifth qualifying of the season with the launch spec car. Your claim of Ferrari’s days being numbered sounds funny and is unfounded.
Okie dokie.
Well the team is clearly behind redbull. I guess you have a "well founded" explanation for it.
The car the team has made is a qualy special like the 2013 mercedes. I do not want to talk too much about the car here, but from a team perspective they will need a new development path as the car is too draggy.
For Sure!!

JPower
JPower

ringo wrote:
08 May 2022, 23:20
LM10 wrote:
ringo wrote:

Ferrari 1-2 in the fifth qualifying of the season with the launch spec car. Your claim of Ferrari’s days being numbered sounds funny and is unfounded.
Okie dokie.
Well the team is clearly behind redbull. I guess you have a "well founded" explanation for it.
The car the team has made is a qualy special like the 2013 mercedes. I do not want to talk too much about the car here, but from a team perspective they will need a new development path as the car is too draggy.
A "quali special" would fall off a cliff during the race. The Ferrari doesn't.

Drift4794
Drift4794

JPower wrote:
08 May 2022, 23:19
I think both drivers got what they could out of the cars.

I'm more concerned about those pitstops. They were horrible.

Yeah...all that talk about improving in every area, not just the car, lasted for 2 races. RB and McLaren have been much more consistent with pitstops. Not good.

ringo

JPower wrote:
08 May 2022, 23:22
ringo wrote:
LM10 wrote:

Okie dokie.
My point is the car cannot race well. Its useless to overtake with. We see this from day one with Leclerc having to play cat and mouse with DRS.
Also the race pace is very good but is not as good as RB. I am not sure if this is related to the RB being better with suspension and porpoising. But I hope the upgrades do address the drag and the bouncing.
For Sure!!

JPower
JPower

ringo wrote:
08 May 2022, 23:31
JPower wrote:
ringo wrote:

Okie dokie.
My point is the car cannot race well. Its useless to overtake with. We see this from day one with Leclerc having to play cat and mouse with DRS.
Also the race pace is very good but is not as good as RB. I am not sure if this is related to the RB being better with suspension and porpoising. But I hope the upgrades do address the drag and the bouncing.
It races just fine, it just hasn't been as quick as the RB in race for obvious reasons. I'm sure receiving its first upgrade since testing will change things.

You're exaggerating this car's performance or lack thereof and I really have no idea why.

LM10
LM10

JPower wrote:
08 May 2022, 23:33
ringo wrote:
08 May 2022, 23:31
JPower wrote:

It races just fine, it just hasn't been as quick as the RB in race for obvious reasons. I'm sure receiving its first upgrade since testing will change things.

You're exaggerating this car's performance or lack thereof and I really have no idea why.
He does not know it himself either.

falonso81

The upgrade package can not come soon enough. To be honest i can not pin point whether Red Bull has gotten better or Ferrari gotten worse after Melbourne. Imola weekend was weird and maybe they got a bit lost with the setup and today it was a new track. Hoping Barcelona will set things straight.

dialtone
dialtone

falonso81 wrote:
08 May 2022, 23:43
The upgrade package can not come soon enough. To be honest i can not pin point whether Red Bull has gotten better or Ferrari gotten worse after Melbourne. Imola weekend was weird and maybe they got a bit lost with the setup and today it was a new track. Hoping Barcelona will set things straight.
The cars are basically even now, so even a slightly better setup makes a huge difference. Due to these big straights Ferrari is forced to run harder suspension to avoid porpoising, RedBull isn't. In a slower track like Monaco or Hungary they can run a softer car and be slightly ahead instead. Ultimately if Ferrari fixes porpoising and RedBull removes more weight they will still end up probably right around the same spot. It's very close.

Sevach
Sevach

Ferrari should've tried something under the SC, they had no mediums in stock but a soft would've given a nice lap 1 advantage, 10 laps to the end, car light, track rubbered in... that's a chance they should've taken.