2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2022 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

No ID required. You threw away your shiny energy drink cans for some reason that I won't try to figure out.

I hear you like to wear red this year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

adrianjordan

Ryar wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 03:25
adrianjordan wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 03:17
Ryar wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 03:02
Salivating for what? They would have lost ground by a year while they go back to redesign their car. It's never easy to catch up on so much ground lost, even more difficult in cost cap era. One probable reason they haven't solved porpoising/bouncing in 4 four months since they found it, could also be because they can't throw money at it like before. Plus, they are constantly losing staff and cannot backfill as they have surplus staff to the budget allowed.

With the negative publicity that Mercedes handed down to FIA last year and forced their hand to fire one of their staff, FIA would be more careful in not handing any advantage back to Mercedes. Engines are frozen and they are stuck with a lowest power of the engines on the grid. Anyone dreaming of Mercedes making a dominant come back in the next 3 years until new regulations come out in 2026 are deceiving themselves.
Just to clarify, you're not a Mercedes fan are you? Lol
I am a huge Mercedes fan! :D.

Do they give fan ID cards here? I must have missed.
I'd hate to see the hate you'd post if you didn't like the team then!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

siskue2005

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 00:41
siskue2005 wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 23:20
chrisc90 wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 23:15

Or the cars evolve in a way that increases downforce whilst withing the 'safety limits'. Entirely possible. Look at the red bull. Probably the most detailed car on the grid in terms of aero.

Would be interesting to see what their sensors are reporting in terms of other teams such as mclaren.
Redbull have much more going on under the skin which no one knows... their uniqueness is the entire package, can't expect every team to have those unless redbull shows everyone what they r doing...with the current rules every team expect redbull will have porposing and bouncing getting worse and worse whenever they add more downforce...
Baseless claims.
Why don't you counter a claim with a technical counter claim rather than giving out baseless comments.

Here is Frank Dernie (veteran British Formula One engineer with extensive Formula One motorsport experience) stating the cars with highest downforce has the most porposing.

That was my base for my supposedly "baseless claims". Waiting for you to give technical counter claims. Thank you

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

thanks for the Frank Dernie video

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

siskue2005 wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 12:10
AR3-GP wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
16 Jun 2022, 23:20

Redbull have much more going on under the skin which no one knows... their uniqueness is the entire package, can't expect every team to have those unless redbull shows everyone what they r doing...with the current rules every team expect redbull will have porposing and bouncing getting worse and worse whenever they add more downforce...
Baseless claims.
Why don't you counter a claim with a technical counter claim rather than giving out baseless comments.

Here is Frank Dernie (veteran British Formula One engineer with extensive Formula One motorsport experience) stating the cars with highest downforce has the most porposing.

That was my base for my supposedly "baseless claims". Waiting for you to give technical counter claims. Thank you
Interesting video but he does not talk about how more downforce causes more porpoising here.

siskue2005

Hammerfist wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 16:52
siskue2005 wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 12:10
AR3-GP wrote:

Baseless claims.

Interesting video but he does not talk about how more downforce causes more porpoising here.
Ok it is there in the full podcast I will find it and post it

However here is Peter Wright (f1 engineer from 60s to 90s) confirming the car with highest downforce will have the highest porpoising

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

It’s already been proven that you can have porpoising from aero and separately from suspension. It’s not a simple case of either/or. You can have both simultaneously depending on how you setup the car

organic

https://www.racefans.net/2022/06/17/ham ... in-canada/

Ham to continue experimenting this weekend. Also trialling a massive cutout in the floor of his car

PlatinumZealot

Promising first two sectors in Montreal so far. But the back straight is difficult. Good sign if they can improve it for FP3.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Swifty

senja wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 01:03
Swifty wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 01:01
FIA's behavior is surreal. They can't hide or pretend their intentions after this one... Regardless, Mercedes will be salivating come 2023 and I'm nothing but lively waiting for the time.
What's wrong? They wanted safety, they will get it...
Please, let's not act frivolously. Just don't. The repercutions of such demands would clearly favor one (maybe two) "special" team(s), that is clear to everyone and also the reason we are seeing a big polemic sign on this topic.
Ryar wrote:
Swifty wrote:
FIA's behavior is surreal. They can't hide or pretend their intentions after this one... Regardless, Mercedes will be salivating come 2023 and I'm nothing but lively waiting for the time.
Salivating for what? They would have lost ground by a year while they go back to redesign their car. It's never easy to catch up on so much ground lost, even more difficult in cost cap era. One probable reason they haven't solved porpoising/bouncing in 4 four months since they found it, could also be because they can't throw money at it like before. Plus, they are constantly losing staff and cannot backfill as they have surplus staff to the budget allowed.

With the negative publicity that Mercedes handed down to FIA last year and forced their hand to fire one of their staff, FIA would be more careful in not handing any advantage back to Mercedes. Engines are frozen and they are stuck with a lowest power of the engines on the grid. Anyone dreaming of Mercedes making a dominant come back in the next 3 years until new regulations come out in 2026 are deceiving themselves.
It's not like everyone is nailing the regulations just yet, mate. After Spain, Mercedes' focus was clearly directed to next season. Call us back in 2023 and drink as many wings giver drinks as you can, it will surely be needed.
Ryar wrote:

If they did, they would not give them for ex-"Flying Dutch" devouts. :-"

pursue_one's

As for Mercedes' upgrades, we didn't hear much positive during the break after practice. The engineers complain that neither the hole in the underbody nor the additional support cable helped. The Silver Arrows team is expecting another tough weekend.

Translation by DeepL

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... real/live/

Big Tea

:evil:
Swifty wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 22:52
senja wrote:
17 Jun 2022, 01:03
Swifty wrote:
What's wrong? They wanted safety, they will get it...
Please, let's not act frivolously. Just don't. The repercutions of such demands would clearly favor one (maybe two) "special" team(s), that is clear to everyone and also the reason we are seeing a big polemic sign on this topic.
Ryar wrote:
Swifty wrote:

It's not like everyone is nailing the regulations just yet, mate. After Spain, Mercedes' focus was clearly directed to next season. Call us back in 2023 and drink as many wings giver drinks as you can, it will surely be needed.
Ryar wrote:

If they did, they would not give them for ex-"Flying Dutch" devouts. :-"
Ex Alcoholic? Yeh, reformed, he's ok. Ex criminal, give him a chance. You used to support another TEAM, no way, you are out of here :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: Some things will never be forgotten (in case it is not clear, just kidding)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

The good news is that this is not the "real upgrade package" floor. It's a running experiment with little tweaks to test different features. I hope.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Big Tea

An interview with Allison. He mentions the computers can not ( not allowed) operate quickly enough to handle the problem

When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

mvfad

In my layman's view, it seems to me that the car gets worse with each new update.

Even with all the porpoising issues, the car was "ok" in some races at the start of the season as it was in Bahrain and Australia with Hamilton putting some pressure on Perez. Since then, with the exception of Barcelona, it looks like they're going backward.