2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

now then Ferrari fans - Seems a bit of internecine trouble in this thread - let's dial the temperature down a touch please. Reporting of posts due to bickering is a poor show - in these team threads there ought to be surely some goodwill and grace shown for your fellow team aficionados?

Leclerc is surely a massive talent - gifted and driving at such a high level - Surely will manage a WDC (with Ferrari or not...)
Carlos - the epitome of graft - also talented but who else has been in so many teams in a short career and at each stage has turned the doubters around with his pace and results?

Ferrari have a great pairing - Arguable that they would dominate the next few years were the car capable..

Anyways - I don't want to have to be accused of being Leclerc, or a Sainz biased (when I am supposed to be Max or Lewis, right?) :o

The team needs support - it has dropped the ball a lot recently and to be fair, if I had skin in this game and was a die hard tifosi then I would have my head in my hands.

History shows that Ferrari make the bridesmaid and rarely suffer the back of the grid...but they fail to take the final killer steps to deliver the championships. Why?
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

RTruth41
RTruth41

JPower wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:38
RTruth41 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:28
JPower wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:10

Nope. I’ve seen people suggest he males better strategy calls, and might drive with less abandon, but none saying he’s faster.
There is a saying that...." One can only wake up someone who is sleeping, one that is just acting you cant wake him up "

Here on same page there are comments in same narrative that ...only reason Leclerc is better is because the car suits him. as if, if that was not the case or the car was equally balanced Sainz would match or outperform Leclerc.

its does not have to be written in bold that ... Sainz is better. the arguments being provided explain the post. bluntly denying it doesn't make any sense.
You can interpret it how you want.

Regardless, if you don’t believe it, why are you giving it such heavy attention?

Nobody giving no one any attention, it all started from few posts here that gave a narrative like an accusation that Sainz is getting "unfair" criticism ...it started from the other end. ...if ppl accuse others of something , they should be ready to get rebuttals ...cant say if you dont like why your giving me or may post any attention.

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 13:44
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10364527/

Italian Motorsport reports that they'll test the pre-france floor against the new one again. They will do this test in FP

They also report that the PU map will be aggressive this weekend. Better to risk breakdowns than to have a poor race finishing 3rd/4th
Source is Nugnes and therefore usually not reliable. Let's see if they get this one right.

codetower

Ferrari set to run some yellow livery for Monza to celebrate their 75 years in F1.

https://f1i.com/news/453418-ferrari-set ... monza.html

lio007

Oh..it's not easy for them.
A smoky Ferrari truck on its way to Monza. Apparently it broke down.

Sylv1
Sylv1

Decidedly, another problem with the tires...

f1316
f1316

Xyz22 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 17:05
organic wrote:

Italian Motorsport reports that they'll test the pre-france floor against the new one again. They will do this test in FP

They also report that the PU map will be aggressive this weekend. Better to risk breakdowns than to have a poor race finishing 3rd/4th
Source is Nugnes and therefore usually not reliable. Let's see if they get this one right.
True but I also think doing this is (a) logical (b) in line with some comments Binotto made (I don’t have the source to hand) where he talked about checking that the development direction had been correct.

Xyz22
Xyz22

f1316 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 22:28
Xyz22 wrote:
organic wrote:

True but I also think doing this is (a) logical (b) in line with some comments Binotto made (I don’t have the source to hand) where he talked about checking that the development direction had been correct.
Highly likely he is bullshitting to not talk about the TD.
There is a clear pattern on display. After the TD, Ferrari has been nowhere.

organic

Xyz22 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 23:07
f1316 wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

Tbf Hungary showed similar problems to spa, Zandvoort and that was pre-TD.

if it truly is the TD affecting Ferrari, then they may have used Hungary as a test-bed to develop a setup that would work under the new directive, and consequently that's why the performance was weak there too.

Or it could be coincidence that they had a tough Hungary and was fluke that it happened directly before TD039 came into effect

personally I believe it is the TD that has caused many issues recently. The careful avoidance of bumps at Spa and the horrific traction suggests having issues with the new AOM that the TD brought

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 23:10
Xyz22 wrote:
f1316 wrote:

if it truly is the TD affecting Ferrari, then they may have used Hungary as a test-bed to develop a setup that would work under the new directive, and consequently that's why the performance was weak there too.

Or it could be coincidence that they had a tough Hungary and was fluke that it happened directly before TD039 came into effect

personally I believe it is the TD that has caused many issues recently. The careful avoidance of bumps at Spa and the horrific traction suggests having issues with the new AOM that the TD brought
In Hungary Leclerc had competitive pace despite a huge change in track condition compared to FP sessions. I don't understand why people keep comparing Hungary with SPA and Zandvoort.

In Hungary the car was very competitive despite not being dominant. In SPA and Zandvoort it was way slower than RB and even Mercedes.

organic

Xyz22 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 23:15
organic wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

In Hungary Leclerc had competitive pace despite a huge change in track condition compared to FP sessions. I don't understand why people keep comparing Hungary with SPA and Zandvoort.

In Hungary the car was very competitive despite not being dominant. In SPA and Zandvoort it was way slower than RB and even Mercedes.
It was very competitive at a track it was expected to dominate. RB went into the weekend expecting not to be able to challenge, but the f1-75 was barely quicker than rb18 - if it was at all.

Furthermore pre-Hungary the F1-75 worked remarkably well no matter the condition. At Hungary and since then, it's been more particular

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 23:20
Xyz22 wrote:
organic wrote:

It was very competitive at a track it was expected to dominate. RB went into the weekend expecting not to be able to challenge, but the f1-75 was barely quicker than rb18 - if it was at all.

Furthermore pre-Hungary the F1-75 worked remarkably well no matter the condition. At Hungary and since then, it's been more particular
RB was supposedly going to dominate in Austria. F1 is a very complex sport and it's difficult to predict what it's going to happen. Ferrari looked dominant in Hungary FP sessions with very high track temp while struggled more in the race with much lower temps. It can happen, and still the car was competitive for the win.

On the other hand, in SPA it was over 1s slower than the RB in every condition over the weekend and in Zandvoort around 0.5s slower than RB and 0.3s slower than Mercedes. Again, the impact of the TD is absolutely clear. There is no upgrade that would give such an advantage from a track to another. The F1 75 simply lost a ton of performance.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 06 Sep 2022, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Xyz22 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 23:23
organic wrote:
Xyz22 wrote:

RB was supposedly going to dominate in Austria. F1 is a very complex sport and it's difficult to predict what it's going to happen. Ferrari looked dominant in FP sessions with very high track temp while struggled more in the race with much lower temps. It can happen and still the car was competitive for the win.

On the other hand in SPA it was over 1s slower than the RB in every condition over the weekend and in Zandvoort around 0.5s slower than RB and 0.3s slower than Mercedes. Again the impact of the TD is absolutely clear. There is no upgrade that would give such an advantage from a track to another. The F1 75 simply lost a ton of performance.
That's a fair point. I think you're right and I was simply placing too much emphasis on binotto/Ferrari's words

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 23:28
Xyz22 wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 23:23
organic wrote:

RB was supposedly going to dominate in Austria. F1 is a very complex sport and it's difficult to predict what it's going to happen. Ferrari looked dominant in FP sessions with very high track temp while struggled more in the race with much lower temps. It can happen and still the car was competitive for the win.

On the other hand in SPA it was over 1s slower than the RB in every condition over the weekend and in Zandvoort around 0.5s slower than RB and 0.3s slower than Mercedes. Again the impact of the TD is absolutely clear. There is no upgrade that would give such an advantage from a track to another. The F1 75 simply lost a ton of performance.
That's a fair point. I think you're right and I was simply placing too much emphasis on binotto/Ferrari's words
Also, i didn't want to come off as aggressive. I kinda know how Ferrari PR works, having followed the Team over the last 20 years. Do you remember 2019? They were absolutely denying the engine TD had any impact whatsoever on the performance of the car :D

Hopefully the 2023 car will be competitive over the entire season.

fritticaldi

Ferrari will have a revised livery for Monza. The drivers suits and gear will also change. The color is Giallo Modena.