2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Drift4794 wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 17:49
So apparently Nugnes from Motorsport was right this time.

Let's see if they find something with the comparative work during FP sessions.
Maybe the old spec would work better with the new TD? Who knows at this point.

JPower
JPower

I hope most of the practice time is used for race sims.
Last edited by JPower on 08 Sep 2022, 20:44, edited 2 times in total.

Andi76
Andi76

paulo_f1 wrote:
08 Sep 2022, 17:21
Some weird comments here, they seem to be trying to fit circumstances to some underlaying narrative, some bordering on conspiracy theories!

1. The Ferrari has porpoised all season long, the Red Bull has not. TD39 hasn't changed either cars behaviour here. Mercedes largely got on top of bouncing and porpoising after changes made at the Spanish GP.

2. Ferrari has been falling behind pace wise as the year has gone on. Hungary, like Monaco a circuit that should have suited their cars traits did not, they had OK one lap pace, but rubbish race pace and degradation. This race was prior to TD39.

3. If this was all about showbiz, why would the FIA/F1 Group write the TD39 rules to spoil the show? A Red Bull v Ferrari battle is much more showbiz than one team dominating. As per 2021, an exciting battle to the end of the year is the what the owners and FIA want.

Unfortunately, this was probably Ferraris best chance of a title, Red Bull are far more on top of performance development and race strategy.
I do agree that the FIA SHOULD have no interest in one team dominating. But its a fact that F1 is highly political. I suggest you to read Ross Brawns book that will show you that its part of F1 to get rules changed in your favor. I suggest you to read Max Mosleys Biography and also Bernie Ecclestones Biography. Both will show you that the history of F1 is full of rule changes where rule changes were made to help one team or damage one team. Sometimes it was done to change the pecking order, sometimes there were other reasons(political). You will also see that F1 is very "british". Anyway - if you know F1, you know that the word "conspiracy-theory" does not exist in F1.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

100% Agree.

Cuky

The new livery is awful, looks like quarter-hearted attempt to create some buzz. But then, other than this season's standard livery, Ferrari really does bad designs. I know that Ferrari will always be red, but good accent/detail colors and sponsor logos all in one color would go a long way to. make it look less like an afterthought.

Although, one detail from. Monza livery that I like and would love to see it as standard next year is big black rear wing with huge "Ferrari" in yellow

chrstphrln

I would appreciate it if the pit crew wore yellow again. On the car, however, the color is annoying.

organic

Sainz will be out for a stint with the pre-France spec floor

JPower
JPower

Competitive order still looks as expected on the one lap. Verstappen still 2-3 tenths ahead.

Let's see if the FP2 race runs show some better signs this weekend.

codetower

organic wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 14:24

Looks like he ran a pretty decent lap with the old floor. Will they put it on Leclercs for FP2?

Vanja #66

Special livery is beautiful on track, giallo F lunga looks amazing on the rear wing, great stuff from the team!
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

codetower wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 16:30
organic wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 14:24

Looks like he ran a pretty decent lap with the old floor. Will they put it on Leclercs for FP2?
Nope. Both back with the new one.

"#Ferrari working on Leclerc's PU, but getting ready to fit the engine cover. Both cars have also reverted to the latest post-France floor after FP1 testing with the old one"

JPower
JPower

Race runs looked OK, from what I was seeing on the timing app.

Laps hovering around the low 26’s with Sainz on M and high 25’s with Leclerc on S.

Slower but not too much different from the RB’s. No massive tire deg I could see but its only practice.

Xyz22
Xyz22

JPower wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 18:08

Laps hovering around the low 26’s with Sainz on M and high 25’s with Leclerc on S.

Slower but not too much different from the RB’s. No massive tire deg I could see but its only practice.
Ferrari main issue in Zandvoort was that the car became slower relative to MB and RB througth the race as fuel decreased more and more. We don't know, from this session, if that particular issue won't appear here as well. Moreover, Sainz was around 0.4s slower than Max on mediums which is quite significant.

JPower
JPower

[media][/media]
Xyz22 wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 19:23
JPower wrote:

Ferrari main issue in Zandvoort was that the car became slower relative to MB and RB througth the race as fuel decreased more and more. We don't know, from this session, if that particular issue won't appear here as well. Moreover, Sainz was around 0.4s slower than Max on mediums which is quite significant.
Not expecting either car to beat Max, just that they aren't nearly as far as they were in Spa where even Perez was miles away.

Either way, sounds like the drivers are happy.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

JPower wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 19:43
Xyz22 wrote:
09 Sep 2022, 19:23
JPower wrote:

Not expecting either car to beat Max, just that they aren't nearly as far as they were in Spa where even Perez was miles away.

Either way, sounds like the drivers are happy.

This is very confusing considering all the lock ups and loss of rear end into chicanes that each driver experienced. Both drivers struggled for consistency on their race runs.
A lion must kill its prey.