2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Quantum

Re: 2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

mendis wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:37
politburo wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:35
organic wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:10

Ferrari faster than RB in the race: Monaco, Spain, Bahrain, Australia, Austria maybe Canada

RB faster than Ferrari in the race: Imola, Miami, Spa, Zandvoort, Saudi

Ah yes RB have been faster at every single track :lol:
Monaco who won?. Spain who won?. Canada who won?. Did I say RB are faster at every track either way?. Seems you are reading my mind and reading it wrongly for that fact. It is not by mistake that Verstappen had 4 consecutive wins, 1 before and 3 after the TD, and you'd be deluded to disregard the pace Verstappen showed in FP3 and FP2 (+5 tenths) on his long runs in his pursuit for the win tomorrow.

Meanwhile the only races affected by DNFs are France, Baku and Spain. Verstappen has still won 7 races and only one of those were close races. Get yourself back into reality sir/madam.
It's very stupid to ask those questions about who won, depsite knowing what happened in those races.
Here we go.

Ignore the facts and create some some fictitious parameters to suggest the RB18 is not the cream of the field.
"Interplay of triads"

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

I suspect a De Vries lock up into turn 1 is a distinct possibility. I doubt he’s done a full anchor stop on high fuel in this car. Judging his braking is going to be extremely tricky

Quantum

organic wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:36
politburo wrote:
organic wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:10

Ferrari faster than RB in the race: Monaco, Spain, Bahrain, Australia, Austria maybe Canada

RB faster than Ferrari in the race: Imola, Miami, Spa, Zandvoort, Saudi

Ah yes RB have been faster at every single track :lol:
Monaco who won?. Spain who won?. Canada who won?. Did I say RB are faster at every track either way?. Seems you are reading my mind and reading it wrongly for that fact. It is not by mistake that Verstappen had 4 consecutive wins, 1 before and 3 after the TD, and you'd be deluded to disregard the pace Verstappen showed in FP3 and FP2 (+5 tenths) on his long runs in his pursuit for the win tomorrow.

Meanwhile the only races affected by DNFs are France, Baku and Spain. Verstappen has still won 7 races and only one of those were close races. Get yourself back into reality sir/madam.
Oh yes Perez was obviously the quickest in Monaco due to the car, oh wait :lol: what a joke of an argument

We're discussing race pace.. Feel free to watch Monaco again and see Checo absolutely destroy his tyres and have both Ferraris within 2s of him for the majority of the race

It's just a pointless argument. We're discussing the strengths of the car, and you bring up races where RB won because Ferrari strategically, procedurally were a joke. Ferrari's car has been quicker than the RB18 as many times as the RB18 has been the quicker car; Ferrari have simply managed to throw it away many times
Quali is now the arbiter of car performance?

I mean, races pay points.... but why use races as a metric....that would be silly. Right?

Especially as Perez won at Monaco and verstappen was done over by strategy errors.
But why should we invoke a level playing field for reliability and strategy? That would be fair almost...
"Interplay of triads"

Neuron
Neuron

So according to some gossips Ferrari's engine was detuned for few races and now is tuned up again. And they are again on par with RBR. Can't get it. It's too late now to catch Ver in WDC.

chrisc90

Dont think thats right.

organic

Seems that nobody knows how it's going to shake out. Both Max and Alonso claiming in post-quali interviews that they'll start from P7

chrisc90

Everyone seems to say Max is P7. Not sure how they are working that out. Even Sky just said it.

Sieper

dfegan358 wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:09
politburo wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:06
dfegan358 wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:02

How is it a dominant car this week? That’s what I don’t get. There is no evidence for that view up to now.
You conflate being fast in qualifying with being fast in the race. You cannot deny that the RedBull is the fastest car in the races. Heck their average 2nd driver is 2nd in the championship and he is barely even with 15 seconds of his teammate at the end of races.
I’m not saying anything about Ferrari being fast tomorrow. All I said is I don’t think red bull is dominant this week. Could definitely still be the faster race car on Sunday and likely to be, but we have to see the race pan out to declare that. Red bull for sure have the overall faster car lately.

Interesting race for sure tomorrow.
How the F are we still saying RBR is dominant when there were again two ferraris in the qualy top 3. Stop this crap. Congrats to Lec for getting the pole. Race is on!

organic

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:52
Everyone seems to say Max is P7. Not sure how they are working that out. Even Sky just said it.
F1tv was saying Max P4 I think

chrisc90

Looks better

mendis
mendis

Quantum wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:43
organic wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:36
politburo wrote:

Oh yes Perez was obviously the quickest in Monaco due to the car, oh wait :lol: what a joke of an argument

We're discussing race pace.. Feel free to watch Monaco again and see Checo absolutely destroy his tyres and have both Ferraris within 2s of him for the majority of the race

It's just a pointless argument. We're discussing the strengths of the car, and you bring up races where RB won because Ferrari strategically, procedurally were a joke. Ferrari's car has been quicker than the RB18 as many times as the RB18 has been the quicker car; Ferrari have simply managed to throw it away many times
Quali is now the arbiter of car performance?

I mean, races pay points.... but why use races as a metric....that would be silly. Right?

Especially as Perez won at Monaco and verstappen was done over by strategy errors.
But why should we invoke a level playing field for reliability and strategy? That would be fair almost...
Quali is definitely the first benchmark of a car's performance. Then comes race. But using only race results and points, devoid of the context is utterly stupid.

search

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:12
Tvetovnato wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:11
The massive rear wing that RB is having in comparison to others will help them massively tomorrow in terms of deg. Max will be in the lead soon after the first stop if not before.
Maybe. Maybe not. The FER boys look amazingly confident wrt the race too. Maybe their deg wasn’t too bad. Clean track ahead will help controlling the deg too. Here is hoping for a really close fight! Shame SAI starts from the back. He was grooving today
The wing may help, yeah - or backfire. Can go either way, especially if tire degredation is no factor, as sometimes was the case in the past.

If my notes are correct, all the big teams have saved fresh softs for tomorrow, btw:

So I guess most plan to start on Softs. An overcut often works well in Monza as well, though.

Translation: According to the race director's notes for Monza, the track limits are marked by the white line.

This shot is from Turn 7 on Charles Leclerc's only Q1 attempt. If this is considered outside the white line, Leclerc should not have gone through to Q2.

Do you see it inside?

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

kediown

Neuron wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 17:44
So according to some gossips Ferrari's engine was detuned for few races and now is tuned up again. And they are again on par with RBR. Can't get it. It's too late now to catch Ver in WDC.
They don't want to catch Ver. They want to win in Monza and risking it