2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
N21
N21

Re: 2022 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 09 - 11

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 09:38
Swed3121 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 09:04
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 08:49

i wonder if tomorrow Max goes on to win 4-5 titles with such car and they would still deny it, or say equal car. 😂😂
So, doe max/Charles have equal cars, yes
ffs be honest , RB has clear speed advantage over Ferrari , just go and check respective top speeds. also Tyre degradation ... Ferrari has higher degradation. In a non event full race even if Max loses pole to Charles all he has to do is keep within his range till 10 laps and Ferrari speed drops off due to tyre degradation.

imo i have written this 4th time in same post thread but still some unparallel logic is thrown in just to deny something that is fact.

also , No doubt RB are far far better team , they operate with far more clearly and sharpness. pit stops are barely above 3 secs. Driver priority is sorted...They don't waste 5 laps to give orders ...within a lap " you are on different strategy " msg comes out. Point is RB operate with a clarity also they have been in a Title fight as recent as last year so they are working clearly above Ferrari and even Mercs.

That doesn't change fact that.. overall that car is faster , may be not as dominating as the mercs were in past but there is a advantage.
What do you hope to prove and to whom? This is a racing thread, go have a discussion with yourself somewhere else

chrisc90

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
Swed3121 wrote:
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 08:49

i wonder if tomorrow Max goes on to win 4-5 titles with such car and they would still deny it, or say equal car. 😂😂
ffs be honest , RB has clear speed advantage over Ferrari , just go and check respective top speeds. also Tyre degradation ... Ferrari has higher degradation. In a non event full race even if Max loses pole to Charles all he has to do is keep within his range till 10 laps and Ferrari speed drops off due to tyre degradation.

imo i have written this 4th time in same post thread but still some unparallel logic is thrown in just to deny something that is fact.

also , No doubt RB are far far better team , they operate with far more clearly and sharpness. pit stops are barely above 3 secs. Driver priority is sorted...They don't waste 5 laps to give orders ...within a lap " you are on different strategy " msg comes out. Point is RB operate with a clarity also they have been in a Title fight as recent as last year so they are working clearly above Ferrari and even Mercs.

That doesn't change fact that.. overall that car is faster , may be not as dominating as the mercs were in past but there is a advantage.
Ferrari were faster than Red Bull in each speed trap in qualifying this weekend.

https://fiaresultsandstatistics.motorsp ... 3d81f9d34a

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

chrisc90 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 09:48
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
Swed3121 wrote:

Ferrari were faster than Red Bull in each speed trap in qualifying this weekend.

Ferrari can only match that RB on single lap or say intial 5-7 laps once tyre degradation kickes in Ferrari lose all their speed.

search

aleks_ader wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 09:26
All depends what were Ferrari problems for overheating its tires in couple of races.
that happens only on front limited tracks, though. Monza stresses mainly the rears instead, which used to be more of an issue for Red Bull this year (like in Austria), and probably is also the reason why they went for the more-downforce setup this weekend.

Verstappen may still win this in the end, but I see no reason to expect much of a tire issue for Ferrari.

Cuky

Does anyone know what's up with F2 Feature race? On F1TV site it says that start time is at 10:05, but it has been 3 minutes now after that and it still says "Coverage will begin shortly"

chrisc90

Cuky wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 10:08
Does anyone know what's up with F2 Feature race? On F1TV site it says that start time is at 10:05, but it has been 3 minutes now after that and it still says "Coverage will begin shortly"
F3 race end was delayed due to a crash, got red flagged, championship deciding race and there was a couple track limit penalties to apply.

Cuky

Thanks, overslept and missed the F3 feature.

And so far F2 is turning out to be a mess

Juzh

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 09:56
chrisc90 wrote:
Shal_Leg16 wrote:

Ferrari can only match that RB on single lap or say intial 5-7 laps once tyre degradation kickes in Ferrari lose all their speed.
Wont happen this race, tyre deg apparently not an issue. easy 1 stop.

Juzh

yelistener wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 23:59
Juzh wrote:
10 Sep 2022, 23:42
lec p1 lap 1.20.161
https://streamable.com/fxh8fg

ver p2 lap 1.20.306
https://streamable.com/aoxg2u
Verstappen won almost every corner. Leclerc won the pole on straights, particularly on non-DRS straight. Red Bull seemed to have a different ERS deloyment, apart from its high drag setup. Not sure if this will translate into better tyres wear in race.
It's not about different deployment. RB has so much more drag it can't get anywhere near ferraris top speed, not much else to it. Because of this extra drag they're maybe also running out of charge sooner, but I don't think you can do something "different" to others on this track in terms of deployment, it's all very straightforward.

search

chrisc90 wrote:

the mini-sector comparison is quite telling as well:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Technical/co ... inisector/

Juzh

Total amateur hour in F2, these guys want to come to f1? lol.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

search wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 11:10
chrisc90 wrote:

the mini-sector comparison is quite telling as well:

https://i.redd.it/q4qakppjs5n91.png

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Technical/co ... inisector/
Just shows that the downforce the RB is carrying is helping them in the few bits of cornering and big braking that there is here.

Seems to me that in any marginal out-braking attempts, the RB is going to be the better car to be in - more downforce means it can brake just a little bit later all other things being equal. That'll help Max fight up towards the front.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

chrisc90

Interesting graphic Search.

I wonder if the better downforce through the corners will add up to a small speed advantage on the exit of the corner, even by 1-2kmh, which will equate into greater speed come the straights with the DRS vs a car infront without. Or even with both cars DRS.

It would be interesting to see telemetry of the cornering speed of the RB and Ferrari, and how long it takes for the Ferrari to re-take the 'lead' in the speed advantage with the straight.

etusch

chrisc90 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 11:46

I wonder if the better downforce through the corners will add up to a small speed advantage on the exit of the corner, even by 1-2kmh, which will equate into greater speed come the straights with the DRS vs a car infront without. Or even with both cars DRS.

It would be interesting to see telemetry of the cornering speed of the RB and Ferrari, and how long it takes for the Ferrari to re-take the 'lead' in the speed advantage with the straight.
I think more df gives it's owner on throttle earlier or harder compared to one who has low df. As I said earlier this aero settings will affect ers usage and reganaration( if there is df you can deploy at low speed too but if not you need lower torque at low speed to prevent spining of rear tyre [which eats life of tyre] or spining of car especially when they need to be extra faster for some reason like france). More df and more reganaration also give better acceleration or better top speed according to settings.

Big Tea

etusch wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 12:05
chrisc90 wrote:
11 Sep 2022, 11:46

I think more df gives it's owner on throttle earlier or harder compared to one who has low df. As I said earlier this aero settings will affect ers usage and reganaration( if there is df you can deploy at low speed too but if not you need lower torque at low speed to prevent spining of rear tyre [which eats life of tyre] or spining of car especially when they need to be extra faster for some reason like france). More df and more reganaration also give better acceleration or better top speed according to settings.
Does it not also allow the car to be slightly quicker out of the corner so it needs to put down less power as it is accelerating from a higher point, which it keeps all the way along the straight.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.