2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Andres125sx wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 08:20

Yeah what a noob, being hit by another car from the back, didn´t he learn to use the ghost button to become transparent and avoid contact from kamikaze drivers behind?

Stop the nosense please
Russell didn't make him choke the start, that's all on him

So bad under pressure, very disappointing
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

F1NAC wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 08:37
Car basically transformed into W03 .

Q pace is up there, but come race day it will shred the tyres as soon as you push a bit harder.
I dont know why they keep setting the car that way! They must surrender that Q pace in order to win a race. It's become so obvious. But again, it's Ferrari...

hape
hape

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 06:41
chrisc90 wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 23:22
Yeah, Feel for Sainz getting cannonballed. He showed great pace all weekend and he made it 300m into the race. Very unlucky for him.

Charles has the pace to keep with Max for 2-3 laps, then just seems to drop off a cliff with the pace allowing the gap to open up.

It would be interesting to compare the top 3's lap times in that last stint.
if his car can reduce the insane tyre degradation he can entertain Max much more .
imo, of the 3-4 front running cars Ferrari is the worse in tyre deg. After 5 to 7 laps that all the performance is gone. more quickly if Charles engages in any battle.

Also thats the major reason Max is getting all the praises for being more mature and all. Actually he always knew Charles & his Ferrari cant hang around with him for more than 5 -7 laps thats why he has been less agrassive , coz he doesn't need to. after 5 laps he can make an easy pass.
Maybe RedBull has a trick to heat the tyres or Ferrari is missing something here but again CL was pushed on the outlap after pitting to mediums again. And again these tyres were shot in just a few laps. The first stint CL kept the tyres alive pretty impressive and still doing laptimes comparable to MV and LH already on new hard.

F1NAC

dxpetrov wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 09:46
F1NAC wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 08:37
Car basically transformed into W03 .

Q pace is up there, but come race day it will shred the tyres as soon as you push a bit harder.
I dont know why they keep setting the car that way! They must surrender that Q pace in order to win a race. It's become so obvious. But again, it's Ferrari...
It's not that easy. They must get in front of RB at all cost in race. And that can be achieved only if starting in front of them. Starting behind them, it will be difficult to overtake them on the straights. I mean they learnt pretty quickly for the problem that appeard in France last year, but obviously this year the problem is more fundamental somewhere in car design that probably is not suited post TD039. So they basically have nothing more to do than endure this season with tyre shredder.

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 09:05
Andres125sx wrote:

Yeah what a noob, being hit by another car from the back, didn´t he learn to use the ghost button to become transparent and avoid contact from kamikaze drivers behind?

Stop the nosense please

Even if Sainz failed the start, wich is plain false (did you watch the race??), but even in that case it still would be Russell mistake

Maybe you think you know better than FIA who applied a penalty to Russell? And better than Russell himself??

George Russell wrote:Firstly, apologies to Carlos, you never want to be involved in an incident that ultimately destroys somebody else's race. When I attacked Turn 1, I was focused on the three cars around me and I was expecting Carlos to try and fight it around the outside of Max [Verstappen] so I braked quite deep into the corner.

Then when I saw he tried cutting back underneath Max, it was already too late for me there, and I couldn’t avoid the incident. Hands up from my side, should have been aware of that possibility. From there on in it was a really miserable afternoon for me.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... z7Xjl.html

Your hate towards Sainz is exposing yourself. This beating after some other driver ruined an awesome chance to win a race is unbelieveble, specially in Ferrari thread [-o<

Xyz22
Xyz22

hape wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 09:57
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 06:41
chrisc90 wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 23:22
Yeah, Feel for Sainz getting cannonballed. He showed great pace all weekend and he made it 300m into the race. Very unlucky for him.

Charles has the pace to keep with Max for 2-3 laps, then just seems to drop off a cliff with the pace allowing the gap to open up.

It would be interesting to compare the top 3's lap times in that last stint.
if his car can reduce the insane tyre degradation he can entertain Max much more .
imo, of the 3-4 front running cars Ferrari is the worse in tyre deg. After 5 to 7 laps that all the performance is gone. more quickly if Charles engages in any battle.

Also thats the major reason Max is getting all the praises for being more mature and all. Actually he always knew Charles & his Ferrari cant hang around with him for more than 5 -7 laps thats why he has been less agrassive , coz he doesn't need to. after 5 laps he can make an easy pass.
Maybe RedBull has a trick to heat the tyres or Ferrari is missing something here but again CL was pushed on the outlap after pitting to mediums again. And again these tyres were shot in just a few laps. The first stint CL kept the tyres alive pretty impressive and still doing laptimes comparable to MV and LH already on new hard.
In order to keep the tyres alive, Leclerc was quite slow in the first stint as you can see from the following image:

Leclerc has only two options:

1: being 0.5 - 1s slower than RB while keeping the tyres alive
2: trying to keep up for a few laps, exploiting DRS if possible while putting a lot of pressure on the tyres

Both of these options have the same, identical outcome: finishing behind RB.

The car is simply not competitive. No amount of skills can compensate the current gap between the F1 75 and RB18.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Interesting picture. Seems the McLaren is tough work on higher fuel loads generally (although NOR was stuck behind GAS for a while in stint 1). Car comes alive on lighter loads

Vanja #66

Andres125sx wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 19:43
Hate is a very, very strong word and I hope you use it with more caution in real life. Whereas I'm present on this forum with my identity on my profile, most are not. Including you. I hope you modify this post, since accusing me of hate is a libel. I could not hate Sainz even if I wanted to, he has no power to make me feel powerless and never will.

Other than that, you do not seem to read what I write. I never mentioned Russell, you did. Sainz botched the start and demonstrated another case of poor performance under pressure, clear as day. DNF was a consequence of that only to a very, very small extent and no one in their right mind would assign blame for DNF to Sainz. I have no idea why you even mention this and go to such lengths to justify him. Do you feel like you must defend Sainz when no one at all blames him for DNF?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 09:05
Andres125sx wrote:

Stop the nosense please

Vanja, it is about time you stopped this highly flawed bias against Sainz and withdraw all of you previous comments.
It doesnt become you or that of a mature sensible person and yet here you are a so called moderator.
It lowers the tone of discussion in here.

and if you are not a moderator, which I assumed because of the (ironically) coloured name font, the rest still stands.
Last edited by johnny comelately on 24 Oct 2022, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 22:24
Andres125sx wrote:
Sainz botched the start and demonstrated another case of poor performance under pressure, clear as day.
In last 5 races at COTA, only once has pole been held into turn 1 and that was only 2019 when vettel had a woeful start from p2. Hamilton in '17 and '18, Max in '21 all lost P1 at T1.

Reality is that it's extremely hard to hold the lead from pole at this circuit similar to Russia because of the wide corner entry, camber of the track, inside line for p2, as well as the shorter run to the apex for the inside driver.

Sainz got a decent launch. The issue here was that max got a very good launch compared to everyone else around. At COTA if p2 gets a good launch there's not much to be done other than go for a different line, which Sainz did try. View the helicopter replay of the start and Sainz holds position to mercs and stroll. He did not "botch the start" as you put it
Last edited by organic on 24 Oct 2022, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I agree on the above. Max had an above average start so Kudos to him, but even if Max had the same start as Sainz, P2 is too favorable in COTA into T1. Many circuits are like this. The grid spacing should be increased. I'm not saying Pole shouldn't have to fight into T1, but it can't just be that Pole guarantees P2 in the first corner.

There are exceptions but they are few. In Canada and Monaco, the polesitter is almost guaranteed to lead after T1.
A lion must kill its prey.

bosyber
bosyber

organic wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 23:20
Vanja #66 wrote:
24 Oct 2022, 22:24
Andres125sx wrote:
Sainz botched the start and demonstrated another case of poor performance under pressure, clear as day.
In last 5 races at COTA, only once has pole been held into turn 1 and that was only 2019 when vettel had a woeful start from p2. Hamilton in '17 and '18, Max in '21 all lost P1 at T1.

Reality is that it's extremely hard to hold the lead from pole at this circuit similar to Russia because of the wide corner entry, camber of the track, inside line for p2, as well as the shorter run to the apex for the inside driver.

Sainz got a decent launch. The issue here was that max got a very good launch compared to everyone else around. At COTA if p2 gets a good launch there's not much to be done other than go for a different line, which Sainz did try. View the helicopter replay of the start and Sainz holds position to mercs and stroll. He did not "botch the start" as you put it
Well put, that seems to cover it. And Russell was, he admitted himself, not looking at what was happening ahead all that much, he was focused on getting ahead of Hamilton, and he locked up at which point it turned out that looking with one eye to what was happening ahead would have been wiser.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Perez was quicker than Leclerc down the straight on average compared to Leclerc even though Perez was running the Monaco spec rear wing.

Ferrari definitely are not able to run the PU as hard as earlier in the season. There's some free performance there. I think the PU down tuning and the TD039 are leading to what we see today.
A lion must kill its prey.

bluechris

In my eyes i think Sainz could had been more cautious. I understand his mind this season and he is over trying to prove something but he does not need to. He is a top driver so he must relax and the results will come.

mendis
mendis

bluechris wrote:
25 Oct 2022, 05:52
In my eyes i think Sainz could had been more cautious. I understand his mind this season and he is over trying to prove something but he does not need to. He is a top driver so he must relax and the results will come.
What was his mistake?