2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Alonsismo wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 00:49
Xyz22 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 00:31
Xyz22 wrote:
30 Oct 2022, 23:22
Another embarrassing performance but it was expected. With this loads of understeer, Sainz has often done a better job than Charles (i.e. Paul Ricard 2021), so it doesn't surprise me seeing him going quicker.

Still, overall performance of the car was just awful.
Carlos just said that the car felt really good to drive. This confirms he loves cars with massive amount of understeer. Unfortunately my friend you won't be able to compete for the win with a car so compromised on one side.

Meanwhile, Leclerc said the car was terrible and they couldn't fix the issues from yesterday. Fantastic.
red bulls from 2010 to 2013 had understeer too (had a better balance, but an extremely stable rear)
What?? None of those cars had understeer to speak of and certainly not RB6 which was actually oversteery when it wasn't glued to the track and RB8 which was a mess on the rear until they sorted it out.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Juzh wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 01:31
Alonsismo wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 00:49
Xyz22 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 00:31

Carlos just said that the car felt really good to drive. This confirms he loves cars with massive amount of understeer. Unfortunately my friend you won't be able to compete for the win with a car so compromised on one side.

Meanwhile, Leclerc said the car was terrible and they couldn't fix the issues from yesterday. Fantastic.
red bulls from 2010 to 2013 had understeer too (had a better balance, but an extremely stable rear)
What?? None of those cars had understeer to speak of and certainly not RB6 which was actually oversteery when it wasn't glued to the track and RB8 which was a mess on the rear until they sorted it out.

A bit off topic but yeah this car clearly didn't suffer from understeer :D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I'm certain this performance was a one-off but you still don't like to see it. Race is much more boring without ferrari involved.
A lion must kill its prey.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

AR3-GP wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 03:00
I'm certain this performance was a one-off but you still don't like to see it. Race is much more boring without ferrari involved.
Lets look at situvation as it is. Mercedes and RB have outdevelopment Ferrari, BIG time during 2022. It is sad to see, painfullt to see how bad they are. #-o #-o

Vanja #66

Lovely to see fans hating the team over FIA mid-season rule change, very heartwarming. :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

ferrari should make a car that has a stable rear.
both drivers had some accidents this year due to strange movements on the rear, and this can create lack of confidence in the car

F1NAC

AR3-GP wrote:
Dunno, Brazil is another high altitude track and with that long stretch it's going to be hard to compete. Also unpredictability resulting during setup changes.. It's sad that TD basically killed this car. I know, I know, I'm boring with repeating that but this car became monster after Spa. In a bad way.

+ engine issues on this high altitude tracks just sucks. Luckily only 2 more to go to end this pain.

LM10
LM10

Vanja #66 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 09:55
Lovely to see fans hating the team over FIA mid-season rule change, very heartwarming. :)
Yea, it’s even sad if you ask me. Actually Ferrari engineers did the best job. The F1-75 was a masterpiece quite clearly until it was slowed down by the FIA. And it baffles me that some people don’t seem to comprehend that.

tpe
tpe

It's clear that Ferrari was the target of the TD. Now. Back then, everyone was saying it's about RB.
But what puzzles me is why they tried so hard to enforce it.

Mercedes is not affected, or they are not affected much. RB was not affected and I suppose more people in the paddock would already know that.
So, what the point?

The other thing that puzzles me is the high-altitude problems with the engine. Why should it affect the engine reliability???

F1NAC

They still didn’t apply any reliabilty fixes as i’m aware. They had issues at spielberg which is around 200mts altitude wise vs 2000 and something for Mexico.

Xwang
Xwang

Vanja #66 wrote:
IMHO, I think that Ferrari has very low political power and does not act at all strategically.
1) They keep developing cars which base their competitiveness on gray areas which can be easily closed by TDs (Engine 2019/2020, flexible bottom). Other teams (Merc, RB) are able to avoid TD that really hurt them to be issued at all or they manage to postpone the effect to the following year (DAS) by better playing the political game
2) At the begging of the year Alfa Romeo was at the weight limit, Ferrari above it, RB way above it and Ferrari decided to vote for increasing the minimum weight. By doing so they have reduced their own capability to improve ( if the weight has been not increased, Ferrari could have improved like RB have done, by lighting the car. With the new limit after some races Ferrari reached the limit, while RB continued to decrease and when they reached the same weight RB car is faster than Ferrari ... so IMHO Ferrari could at least have managed to be more competitive than RB for some more races if it had not urged to increase the minimum weight°
3) RB car was as fast as Ferrari at the beginning, but with no porpoising and with bigger straight line speed even though it was weigher. when it reached minimum weight, it was faster than Ferrari. So RB won the development race and Mercedes too gained one second on Ferrari at least (every year that Ferrari start 1 second slower, they use to say that it is impossible to recover in one year ... why Mercedes and other teams manage to do that?)

So the TD is an effect of Ferrari errors not a cause IMHO

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

F1NAC wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 12:08
AR3-GP wrote:
Dunno, Brazil is another high altitude track and with that long stretch it's going to be hard to compete. Also unpredictability resulting during setup changes.. It's sad that TD basically killed this car. I know, I know, I'm boring with repeating that but this car became monster after Spa. In a bad way.

+ engine issues on this high altitude tracks just sucks. Luckily only 2 more to go to end this pain.
Brazil isn’t really a high altitude track compared to Mexico. Brazil is only high altitude compared to the sea level tracks.

Mexico City is about 7400 ft elevation. Brazil is about 2500 ft elevation which is roughly one-third of the elevation in Mexico City. The air is considerably more dense and I really do expect Ferrari to revert to form in Brazil.

Based on last season, the draggier car still pays a price in Brazil so I expect Red Bull ahead of Ferrari, followed by Mercedes.
A lion must kill its prey.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 13:18
F1NAC wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Brazil isn’t really a high altitude track compared to Mexico. Brazil is only high altitude compared to the sea level tracks.

Mexico City is about 7400 ft elevation. Brazil is about 2500 ft elevation which is roughly one-third of the elevation in Mexico City. The air is considerably more dense and I really do expect Ferrari to revert to form in Brazil.

Based on last season, the draggier car still pays a price in Brazil so I expect Red Bull ahead of Ferrari, followed by Mercedes.
Ferrari can't compete against RB in any track currently, so RB being ahead is a given. Hopefully they will be able to fight against Perez.

mendis
mendis

F1NAC wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Brazil is just 760 meters above sea level whereas Mexico was 2,240 meters. It's similar to Spielberg, Austria (660 meters). So it shouldn't be such a big problem.

LM10
LM10

Andres125sx wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 13:41
LM10 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 12:29
Vanja #66 wrote:
Yea, it’s even sad if you ask me. Actually Ferrari engineers did the best job. The F1-75 was a masterpiece quite clearly until it was slowed down by the FIA. And it baffles me that some people don’t seem to comprehend that.

It baffles me even more to read comments like this who assume TD was intended to harm Ferrari when they had never been dominant :roll:

It´s even more baffling when you take into account the obvious evidences of safety problems due to poropoising you´re intentionally ignoring #-o

Really baffling to see some people victimism! Rules are the same for everyone, you can only accept it and keep working
I didn’t say the intention was to harm Ferrari. It just happened to harm them most of all. The porpoising was never really a safety issue and at the time the TD came into effect teams had it under control anyway. So a totally unnecessary regulation change penalizing some teams mid-season for having done a good job.

The F1-75 was not dominant, but it was the fastest car on one lap pace and at least leveled with RedBull on race pace. The F1-75 dominated the corners for several months and this even was without any big upgrades. It was known for being easy to setup and be fast in all conditions on all tyres. That’s how good it was.

That the rules are the same for everyone is obvious, but such a useless statement. You know pretty well that rules can favor or harm different teams and concepts to different extents.