2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mendis
mendis

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This is a serious security issue!

organic

mendis wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 15:47

Happened after quali too

basti313
basti313

mendis wrote:

No. He can get out without removing. Just not that comfy.
Don`t russel the hamster!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

mendis wrote:

The way the Ferraris have been sideways in the esses all weekend, this is absolutely terrifying....
A lion must kill its prey.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Formula Uno says Ferrari was running 15hp less than the previous detuned version.

https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-le-paro ... lla-f1-75/
As learned from Formu1a.uno sources, the power has been further reduced by an additional 15 hp for survival at high altitude.
also, Formula Uno writer claims that Binotto is pretending that TD039 is not a factor.
Ferrari ran a further 15 HP in Mexico, which are added to those 'lost' after Sainz's breakup in Austria. However, with the introduction of the DT39, the F1-75 is no longer the same even if Binotto continues to deny.

I would add that, speaking of TD39, Binotto stated that "many [journalists] have been taken off-road vehicles". But it seems to me that it was Ferrari that went off-road compared to the performance shown previously. The results speak for themselves.
A lion must kill its prey.

tpe
tpe

F1NAC wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 12:53
They still didn’t apply any reliabilty fixes as i’m aware. They had issues at spielberg which is around 200mts altitude wise vs 2000 and something for Mexico.
Yes, but WHY?
What is so special in the high altitude that breaks the engine?

organic

tpe wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 21:49
F1NAC wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 12:53
They still didn’t apply any reliabilty fixes as i’m aware. They had issues at spielberg which is around 200mts altitude wise vs 2000 and something for Mexico.
Yes, but WHY?
What is so special in the high altitude that breaks the engine?
High altitude means thinner air meaning the turbo has to spin faster to generate the same engine power. This means you have more temperature to manage at the turbo with an already more strained cooling package (due to the aforementioned thinner air). This just overall means more stress for the turbo; has to spin faster and it gets hotter

Andres125sx

LM10 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 15:14
Andres125sx wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 13:41
LM10 wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 12:29

Yea, it’s even sad if you ask me. Actually Ferrari engineers did the best job. The F1-75 was a masterpiece quite clearly until it was slowed down by the FIA. And it baffles me that some people don’t seem to comprehend that.

It baffles me even more to read comments like this who assume TD was intended to harm Ferrari when they had never been dominant :roll:

It´s even more baffling when you take into account the obvious evidences of safety problems due to poropoising you´re intentionally ignoring #-o

Really baffling to see some people victimism! Rules are the same for everyone, you can only accept it and keep working
I didn’t say the intention was to harm Ferrari. It just happened to harm them most of all. The porpoising was never really a safety issue and at the time the TD came into effect teams had it under control anyway. So a totally unnecessary regulation change penalizing some teams mid-season for having done a good job.
That´s your opinion, wich differs from FIA and my own if you ask me. It was a safety issue for multiple factors, unconsistency when applying brakes, vision problems for drivers, and added fatigue. Add to these a huge dangerous factor, cars are faster the more porpoising drivers can cope with, wich leads to teams and even drivers to go for that last bit of porpoising they think they can take on a race, and that is extremelly dangerous.

Humans are not cars, what today is ok maybe tomorrow on a hotter race is not, no driver can predict how much fatigue he will be able to take on a 2h race with changing conditions, so it was necessary a constant limit for every team to comply with.

FIA can not accept teams saying by theirselves how much porpoising is acceptable, sooner or late some will go over the limit and will cause a nasty accident. They´re here to win, if shaking his driver a little bit more will give them an edge, you can be sure they will do it, even with driver compliance
LM10 wrote:
The F1-75 was not dominant, but it was the fastest car on one lap pace and at least leveled with RedBull on race pace. The F1-75 dominated the corners for several months and this even was without any big upgrades. It was known for being easy to setup and be fast in all conditions on all tyres. That’s how good it was.

That the rules are the same for everyone is obvious, but such a useless statement. You know pretty well that rules can favor or harm different teams and concepts to different extents.

Yes, Ferrari was great at the beginning of the season and now is not. Not a surprise with this team, but if the TD did harm them more than the rest, they can only keep working, crying for past perfomance lost is useless, this is F1, maybe even without the TD they´d be struggling with RBR, they´ve always been better than Ferrari developing the car in season

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

Andres125sx wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 23:53
LM10 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 13:41

It baffles me even more to read comments like this who assume TD was intended to harm Ferrari when they had never been dominant :roll:

It´s even more baffling when you take into account the obvious evidences of safety problems due to poropoising you´re intentionally ignoring #-o

Really baffling to see some people victimism! Rules are the same for everyone, you can only accept it and keep working
I didn’t say the intention was to harm Ferrari. It just happened to harm them most of all. The porpoising was never really a safety issue and at the time the TD came into effect teams had it under control anyway. So a totally unnecessary regulation change penalizing some teams mid-season for having done a good job.
That´s your opinion, wich differs from FIA and my own if you ask me. It was a safety issue for multiple factors, unconsistency when applying brakes, vision problems for drivers, and added fatigue. Add to these a huge dangerous factor, cars are faster the more porpoising drivers can cope with, wich leads to teams and even drivers to go for that last bit of porpoising they think they can take on a race, and that is extremelly dangerous.

Humans are not cars, what today is ok maybe tomorrow on a hotter race is not, no driver can predict how much fatigue he will be able to take on a 2h race with changing conditions, so it was necessary a constant limit for every team to comply with.

FIA can not accept teams saying by theirselves how much porpoising is acceptable, sooner or late some will go over the limit and will cause a nasty accident. They´re here to win, if shaking his driver a little bit more will give them an edge, you can be sure they will do it, even with driver compliance
LM10 wrote:
The F1-75 was not dominant, but it was the fastest car on one lap pace and at least leveled with RedBull on race pace. The F1-75 dominated the corners for several months and this even was without any big upgrades. It was known for being easy to setup and be fast in all conditions on all tyres. That’s how good it was.

That the rules are the same for everyone is obvious, but such a useless statement. You know pretty well that rules can favor or harm different teams and concepts to different extents.

Yes, Ferrari was great at the beginning of the season and now is not. Not a surprise with this team, but if the TD did harm them more than the rest, they can only keep working, crying for past perfomance lost is useless, this is F1, maybe even without the TD they´d be struggling with RBR, they´ve always been better than Ferrari developing the car in season
Accordin to Binotto they can not keep up development race becouse of budget cap. They have spent all their money allready. Thats why we don’t see any updates on the car last few races. I think Ferrari needs slim their organisation duo to budget cap.

mendis
mendis

Fer.Fan wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 07:50
Accordin to Binotto they can not keep up development race becouse of budget cap. They have spent all their money allready. Thats why we don’t see any updates on the car last few races. I think Ferrari needs slim their organisation duo to budget cap.
They have lost close to 4 million in car damages so far. The drivers need to pay close attention to such mistakes that costs millions and cripples development.

Vanja #66

Damages are refunded and RB was caught overspending and got away with it, but yes - drivers are the problem for limited funds
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

ME4ME

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 09:01
Damages are refunded and RB was caught overspending and got away with it, but yes - drivers are the problem for limited funds
If I recall correctly the teams and the FIA never came to an agreement on a compensation system for crashes. Too hard to define the exact circumstance in which a team is eligible for compensation.

Go tell Gene Haas that drivers (crashes) aren't a problem with limited funds.

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 09:01
I don't believe they are refunded. Do you have a source on your info that they are?

tpe
tpe

organic wrote:
31 Oct 2022, 22:14

High altitude means thinner air meaning the turbo has to spin faster to generate the same engine power. This means you have more temperature to manage at the turbo with an already more strained cooling package (due to the aforementioned thinner air). This just overall means more stress for the turbo; has to spin faster and it gets hotter
Thank you.
Of this should belong to the engine thread, because it raises more questions :D

tpe
tpe

mendis wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 07:55
Fer.Fan wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 07:50
They have lost close to 4 million in car damages so far. The drivers need to pay close attention to such mistakes that costs millions and cripples development.
Or simply take the decision to spend 1 extra million, pretend that they would have a tax refund or whatever and then get a 5% reduction in wind tunnel time and 3.5 m fine.
There is precedent :D