2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2022 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 23:12
So you think the team will become stronger after Mattia has gone? Its probably going to set them back another 2-3 years. You have drivers that make super basic mistakes all season, strategy department that cant even tell the pit garage what tyres to use or when to properly pit. Everything is a question to the drivers in a race.

They have a car thats fast in quali trim but loses a bit come race day. Improving on that for next year isnt going to be a hard task for them really if they have the right heads working together.

There would likely be other heads that would roll before the TP had their neck fully on the line
For the record, I think Mattia has a place at Ferrari, but that both parties were forced into an inevitable conflict which was set into motion when Mattia himself made his power play after Marchionne's death. Today we see the outcome of something which was sown years ago. It's a set back if you ask me.

Regardless of that, 2022 was disastrous. I will not cottle Mattia by saying it was anything other than. That does not mean I feel he shouldn't have the opportunity to fix things over the winter. Saying 2022 was bad doesn't mean I think he should be sacked either.

The fact that it's being reported that several teams in the paddock are ready to welcome him says it all. Ferrari made a mistake. Did you see anybody jumping to welcome Cyril Abiteboul or Monisha Kaltenborn? :? Doesn't that say it all?

The team that signs Mattia is going to win races in this decade.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Peter Ian Staker wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 14:32
Can anybody come up with a good reason for Vasseur to be given the job beyond Leclerc’s camp want him and nobody better actually wants it?
Sauber was a pile of ---, after Peter Sauber chose his lawyer to succeed him as CEO. Vasseur turned it around and made a economically healthy team of it. Then he convinced John Elkann to invest his money as Alfa Romeo and built a good relation with him. I think Elkann has very much trust in Vasseur.

codetower

It's tough to believe everything you read these days. Leclerc sent a nice parting message to Mattia. I guess there wasn't as much tension as we were led to believe:
Grazie di tutto, Mattia.
Abbiamo trascorso insieme quattro anni molto intensi, di grandi soddisfazioni e anche, inevitabilmente, di momenti che ci hanno messo alla prova. La mia stima e il mio rispetto nei tuoi confronti non sono mai venuti meno, e abbiamo sempre lavorato con tutta le dedizione per raggiungere gli stessi obiettivi.
In bocca al lupo per tutto
Thank you for everything, Mattia. We've spent four years together that were very intense, of great satisfaction and also, inevitably, of moments that have put us to the test. My esteem and respect for you have never failed, and we have always worked with all the dedication to achieve the same goals.
Good luck in everything

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Very difficult for Sainz. Binotto was very protective with him and was the one who trust him an bring him in.

I "fear" that Leclerc will become the inevitable number 1 at Ferrari, whether its Vasseur or not the next TP

west52keep64

It's mad to think as a company Ferarri have invested over 2 decades in Binotto, and because they didn't win the championship this year he's out. That's a pretty toxic culture if you ask me.

Also, what's the average tenure for a TP at Ferrari these days? I guess Vasseur is not far from retirement, so this probably isn't a bad little gig for him. After a couple of years he can "resign" too.

Xwang
Xwang

I am wondering if I should send my CV to Elkan ... I have the same age as him and I have followed F1 and Ferrari since a was a child and I am an aerospace engineer, so I have all is needed to cover the position ...

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

codetower wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 23:32
It's tough to believe everything you read these days. Leclerc sent a nice parting message to Mattia. I guess there wasn't as much tension as we were led to believe:
Mattia wrote a "nice parting message" to Ferrari....
“I am leaving a company that I love, which I have been part of for 28 years, with the serenity that comes from the conviction that I have made every effort to achieve the objectives set.

“I leave a united and growing team. A strong team, ready, I’m sure, to achieve the highest goals, to which I wish all the best for the future. I think it is right to take this step at this time as hard as this decision has been for me.

“I would like to thank all the people at the Gestione Sportiva who have shared this journey with me, made up of difficulties but also of great satisfaction.”

and I think we all know there was tension here.....

So don't buy the cover stories. Everyone has something nice to say in public because it's the PR saavy thing to do.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

west52keep64 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 23:46
It's mad to think as a company Ferarri have invested over 2 decades in Binotto, and because they didn't win the championship this year he's out. That's a pretty toxic culture if you ask me.

Also, what's the average tenure for a TP at Ferrari these days? I guess Vasseur is not far from retirement, so this probably isn't a bad little gig for him. After a couple of years he can "resign" too.
5 in 10 years, so 2 years....Absolute insanity.

LM10
LM10

I had the feeling that there finally was some kind of stable environment at Ferrari, but now the very person having built that up is leaving, oh well...

Thank you for everything, Mattia.

Do you think that he's going to go to another team anytime soon? Is it true that his gardening leave are only 6 months?

mzso
mzso

chrisc90 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:50
AR3-GP wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:45
chrisc90 wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:42
It wasnt even a bad year for Ferrari TBH. There must be tensions behind closed doors as I think their results on track were pretty good if you remove the reliability issues. 2nd and 5th in WDC, 2nd place in WCC.
:wtf:

I beg to differ.

Ferrari was outwitted and undermined politically, strategically, and mechanically....It was an absolutely disastrous year to only take 3 wins with this F1-75 and Charles Leclerc.
3 more wins than they had in 2021
3 more wins than they had in 2020
Equal wins with the season they had in 2019.

Strategy is a game of chance, it just happens that Red Bull are VERY VERY good at their calls for strategy. Ferrari are probably about on par with Mercedes and others if you exclude the tyre mishaps in Monaco and qualifying late on in the season.
Hahaha! Every race, a questionable call. Ever other, a disasterous one...

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Like 2010 and 2012. It was much closer than 2019, and 2021.

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

Macklaren
Macklaren

If they get a junior person he may become the next Horner but that will probably take 5 years (which we know Ferrari doesn't have)

Xyz22
Xyz22

https://twitter.com/Vetteleclerc

You can find Leclerc interview with Amus on this twitter account. Very interesting.

jordanb
jordanb

Why not hire Vettel? Been at Ferrari, been part of Red Bull and has an engineering mind set with good man management skills.