2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Sevach wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 02:47
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 16:36
Isn't it a risk if he crashes the car on the first day? Are AM sure about this?

I'd run Alonso ragged if I could, unless I suspected that Lance will not be racing in Bahrain or Saudi Arabia.
This is Bahrain, he'll have to work hard to find a wall (unless there's a brake failure or something of that gravity).

And as others said Drugovich is known for being smooth, safe and consistent.

Edit: It keeps pilling up [-o<
https://twitter.com/formularacers_/stat ... 97088?s=20
I don't trust that twitter page. the problem is people are spreading the same rumor, and the more it spreads the more people believe it. But the kindling is the same.

RedNEO

continuum16 wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 18:09
Given that they haven’t said what their plans are for Friday and Saturday, I would think if Stroll is going to be ruled out of the first race then they might give Drugovich maybe Saturday morning session as well. If the car really does have promise then they might want to ensure they have two drivers who can somewhat maximize it at the first race. You could run Alonso for 2.5 days and finish 6th and 13th or run Drugovich another part day and finish 7th and 8th if the car is good enough. But if Stroll will be back, I would guess Alonso will do all the remaining sessions.
That’s not really how it works.. Alonso developing the car so it’s even better/ easier to drive would actually help a rookie like Drugo if he had to race.. and let’s be honest there’s a slim chance he will finish right behind Alonso on his first race. Even Ocon couldn’t manage that consistently when both cars finished last year and he’s very experienced.

RedNEO

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 16:36
Isn't it a risk if he crashes the car on the first day? Are AM sure about this?

I'd run Alonso ragged if I could, unless I suspected that Lance will not be racing in Bahrain or Saudi Arabia.
They can get him started on some slow speed runs doing aero rake work and slowly build him up that way.. get most of that done in the morning so Alonso can start the serious work in the PM

continuum16

RedNEO wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 18:54
continuum16 wrote:
Given that they haven’t said what their plans are for Friday and Saturday, I would think if Stroll is going to be ruled out of the first race then they might give Drugovich maybe Saturday morning session as well. If the car really does have promise then they might want to ensure they have two drivers who can somewhat maximize it at the first race. You could run Alonso for 2.5 days and finish 6th and 13th or run Drugovich another part day and finish 7th and 8th if the car is good enough. But if Stroll will be back, I would guess Alonso will do all the remaining sessions.
That’s not really how it works.. Alonso developing the car so it’s even better/ easier to drive would actually help a rookie like Drugo if he had to race.. and let’s be honest there’s a slim chance he will finish right behind Alonso on his first race. Even Ocon couldn’t manage that consistently when both cars finished last year and he’s very experienced.
They could finish in back to back positions but Alonso could still be 20s up the road. Anyways, you are probably correct, even if “making the car easier to drive” has never been Alonso’s top priority. Like Verstappen, he just wants fast, he doesn’t care as much how you get there. We will know in two days time what exactly their plan is anyways.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

F1doc
F1doc

Looks like Alonso has already been out on the track today.

organic

F1doc wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 19:48

Looks like Alonso has already been out on the track today.
Indeed. Also in the pitlane it seems

Sevach
Sevach

The Prodigy wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 17:26

That means best case scenario for Aston Martin is a 4th place.
It means people are predicting 4th, above 4th, challenging Mercedes (which similar rumors say isn't look so great) would be very good.
And challenging Red Bull and Ferrari (similar very positive noises from the reds) would be huuuuge.

5th or below would mean the car didn't live to this hype.

RedNEO

continuum16 wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 19:14
RedNEO wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 18:54
continuum16 wrote:
They could finish in back to back positions but Alonso could still be 20s up the road. Anyways, you are probably correct, even if “making the car easier to drive” has never been Alonso’s top priority. Like Verstappen, he just wants fast, he doesn’t care as much how you get there. We will know in two days time what exactly their plan is anyways.
Apparently Lance is going to try the simulator this weekend to see if he’s alright for Bahrain. He’s currently in rehabilitation so yeah we’ll see how that goes.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

There are some absolutely wild rumors doing the rounds. I’ll leave it at that.

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 03:12
Some are definitely getting ahead of themselves. Even having the 5th car is still a good improvement for this year, anything else is a bonus.

organic

Krack is the 5th longest serving team principal. :shock: :lol:

KimiRai
KimiRai

Electrical problem for the Aston it seems, display went off, shouldn't be too big of an issue

organic

KimiRai wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 09:58
Electrical problem for the Aston it seems, display went off, shouldn't be too big of an issue

GoranF1
GoranF1

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 03:12
Speak! 😀
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

KimiRai
KimiRai

Drugovich going very smooth, not touching kerbs, I imagine Fernando will squeeze the car a little more in the afternoon