2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Terrible race but I would love if people stop trash talking the team. Whoever doesn't like it feel free to stop watching. Yes it's terrible but we don't need your shitty comments of doom and gloom.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Ben1980 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 17:36
Hard to blame these issues on the team I guess. Cars seemed OK out there in comparison to its direct on track challengers.
If we want to find some positives… Lando’s last lap was on pace with Ver and LEC

But, before Piastri had to retire, he was having decent pace and his tires were holding up… Lando’s pace wasn’t terrible either before all of the issues… The positions at the end of the race will dictate a different story, but even when this race is a horrible start to the season, the underlying car in terms of pace is in a better place than it was last season at the start of the season.

Ben1980
Ben1980

SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 17:40
Ben1980 wrote:
Hard to blame these issues on the team I guess. Cars seemed OK out there in comparison to its direct on track challengers.
If we want to find some positives… Lando’s last lap was on pace with Ver and LEC

But, before Piastri had to retire, he was having decent pace and his tires were holding up… Lando’s pace wasn’t terrible either before all of the issues… The positions at the end of the race will dictate a different story, but even when this race is a horrible start to the season, the underlying car in terms of pace is in a better place than it was last season at the start of the season.
Always looking for positives!

dfegan358
dfegan358

McLaren going backwards as a team, must be disheartening for lando

Marc.W

SmallSoldier wrote:
Ben1980 wrote:

Lando was certainly reeling in Albon and Oscar had just gotten past Hulkenberg, looks like the car is pretty light on its tyres

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Ben1980 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 17:42
SmallSoldier wrote:
Ben1980 wrote:

In a race like this where there is nothing to celebrate from an on-track position perspective, you have to analyze the other aspects too… Lando’s las lap was 1.3 seconds faster than Magnussen for example :)

Ben1980
Ben1980

Apart from RB and Williams, and AM, I cant imagine fans of any other team can be that happy with their performance.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Marc.W wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 17:44
SmallSoldier wrote:
Ben1980 wrote:

Lando was certainly reeling in Albon and Oscar had just gotten past Hulkenberg, looks like the car is pretty light on its tyres
Yes, the pace outside of the issues was decent… Even at this point in time, Lando is running at the same pace as Russell and Stroll.

ollandos
ollandos

hard days .......everythink start from livery ....... :mrgreen: :wtf:

Ben1980
Ben1980

SmallSoldier wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 17:46
Ben1980 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 17:42
SmallSoldier wrote:

In a race like this where there is nothing to celebrate from an on-track position perspective, you have to analyze the other aspects too… Lando’s las lap was 1.3 seconds faster than Magnussen for example :)

At least I'm not following Ocon for Positives.

chrisgr
chrisgr

Its the first time I ignored some users. Its impossible to read. Its an awful race but nothing more. Stop acting as its the first F1 race you're watching. We move on.

Ben1980
Ben1980

ollandos wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 17:48
hard days .......everythink start from livery ....... :mrgreen: :wtf:
The livery looks better than pretty much all the others, apart from Ferrari.

MrGapes

I think best thing to do now is just keeping topping the system up and collect data

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Darth-Piekus wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 17:46
I think the moderators should take some action with some posters in my opinion. Not everyone should be posting in the Mclaren forum if all they have to say is trash talking and trolling.
I agree, it's a technical forum, broken hearts forum. Let's be constructive in whatever we're posting. No fan is happy with the current form, but it's a long season. Stop polluting the thread with the repetitive, "the end is nigh" nonsense. If you can't stomach the current situation, don't destroy it for others, come back if or when McLaren starts winning.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

McL-H
McL-H

I don’t understand the negativity? It was already clear even at car launch that it would not be a thrilling start to the season. It turns out that pace wise, it is not really as bad as expected and we know until at least race 4, that we will be in a fight with the midfield. It was all clear already before the lights went out. If you were still having higher delusional expectations, that’s on you.

Now we are having technical difficulties.. very unfortunate, but that’s motor racing.
Last edited by McL-H on 05 Mar 2023, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.