2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Crazy to hear the team principal being best friend with rival team principal. Story of them sharing the same plane to Bahrain is crazy, almost digging ones own grave.

billamend
billamend

FW17 wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 12:28
Crazy to hear the team principal being best friend with rival team principal. Story of them sharing the same plane to Bahrain is crazy, almost digging ones own grave.
This has been a topic for a while. I don't understand what Ferrari had in mind when hiring Vasseur, he is a walking case of conflict of interests.

aleks_ader

FW17 wrote:
Umm #-o WTF they are professional Jesus Christ guys calm down.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

organic

Vigna took over GeS, leaving (only) the DS duties to Vasseur. These were not the initial plans. Elkann will have to step in directly to redefine the competencies. Only then, perhaps, could Mekies be persuaded to stay.

Ferrari discontent: the current structure is very fragile
https://www.formu1a.uno/malumori-ferrar ... o-fragile/

I don't know much about internal ferrari politics so won't comment

LM10
LM10

JPBD1990 wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 11:57
My reaction (and probable overreaction) has nothing to do with Bahrain and everything to do with the reinstallment of the revolving door policy at Ferrari. That makes me far more nervous than one terrible performance.
I didn't mean your reaction, but those regarding the performance of the SF-23.

Your opinion on the probable dictatorship at Ferrari is absolutely legitimate. Let's see what will follow in terms of people resigning or being kicked out. I hope nothing major and that Sanchez' resignation actually was his own decision and that he had this in mind since Binotto left.

I hated the fact Binotto left Ferrari. I've always backed him and probably you will remember my posts from the past. I really liked the fresh air he brought to the team and especially the policy of no-head-rolling. He defended every individual in the team all the time, no matter what. Maybe exactly this strict lack of criticism was what eventually made him lose the job. There were so many frustrating races last season with shockingly bad strategic decisions which on this high level were simply unacceptable. Yet, it seemed like Binotto didn't want to do anything about it. He either was too sure about the problem solving itself or he overexaggerated this new way of managing things. There was the feeling of the team being untouched, no matter how much they failed.

FW17

aleks_ader wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 14:23
FW17 wrote:
Umm #-o WTF they are professional Jesus Christ guys calm down.
No way rival bosses spend time together on a personal level. Business is too important that these friendship needs to take pause.

What kind of message does this send to the whole team? It is demotivating to consider a rival team as a best friend.

Macklaren
Macklaren

JPBD1990 wrote:
11 Mar 2023, 16:11

I really cannot comprehend the political dysfunction inside Ferrari. The road car division is firing on all cylinders. They’re making more money than ever. Wait lists years long for every vehicle… why do they need their hands in the F1 pie? Why not just throw money at it to install the best people and LEAVE THEM BE?
This is a well known "truism" (I use double quotes) at Ferrari over the decades...when their F1 cars are great, their road cars suck and vice versa.

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 14:42
Vigna took over GeS, leaving (only) the DS duties to Vasseur. These were not the initial plans. Elkann will have to step in directly to redefine the competencies. Only then, perhaps, could Mekies be persuaded to stay.
Great, a theoretical physicist with former background in electronics engineering decided to run the show... #-o A petition must be made requiring him to step away from F1 team completely.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

FW17

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 16:02
organic wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 14:42
Great, a theoretical physicist with former background in electronics engineering decided to run the show... #-o A petition must be made requiring him to step away from F1 team completely.
Leadership is not industry specific. CEO of a multibillion dollar company, you don't get there by your technical skills.

Vanja #66

FW17 wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 17:00
Leadership is not industry specific. CEO of a multibillion dollar company, you don't get there by your technical skills.
Disagree completely, but that's irrelevant. Running an international company and an F1 team are two very different things. Did Horner, Wolff, Todt or successful TPs before them come from BA background or motorsport?

#BlessYouLaddie

dialtone
dialtone

Yeah you can't be successful in a job without having domain specific knowledge, yeah the leadership side of the skillset is somewhat similar but it doesn't matter much if you can't apply it well (e.g. decision making for example needs help from domain knowledge as I already said). Pretty sad how Ferrari is ending up... As I said it started with letting go Binotto, nothing good is going to come out of this unfortunately which is a pity because the car isn't so bad to deserve this. I don't know what kind of politics is going on in that team but it's very annoying. Vigna has been nothing but pain since he arrived. Is it too much to ask to have a president of Ferrari that says out of anything related to the team? it's like these people keep doing this to reach personal glory...

FW17

Vanja #66 wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 17:59
FW17 wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 17:00
Disagree completely, but that's irrelevant. Running an international company and an F1 team are two very different things. Did Horner, Wolff, Todt or successful TPs before them come from BA background or motorsport?

Vanja #66

I seem to remember writing successful...

#BlessYouLaddie

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

I can bring up 10 Arrivabenes for every Briatore you bring up.

Venturiation
Venturiation

why some are saying that ferrari should focus on next year? the rules are the same and they can upgrade the car the entire year no need to astop at any point even in abu dhabi