2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

ing. wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 20:38
If this performance doesn’t justify sacking Binotto et al, I don’t know what does. Just proves what low targets they set for this year’s car.
Building a winning car is not the work of a moment!

Ferrari could have easily gone radical and made it worse, like say the Ferrari F92A, which was a step backwards from the competitive but non-championship-winning 640 through 643. They had to bring the experienced Barnard back to get a steady direction for '95 & 96, which then lead to the opprotunity to compete for the WDC in '97-'99 and sucess after that. :)

Time will tell if the loss of the experienced Binotto, Sanchez etc will set Ferrari back. IMO removing Binotto was very, very unwise.

ing. wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 20:04
4th best car.
For now, but solidly within the "big four" teams.
Last edited by JordanMugen on 19 Mar 2023, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.

Xwang
Xwang

dialtone wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:12
Xwang wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:08
The car has not gone slower with laps, it was just consistently 1.5 s or more slower than RB even with new tyres.
meh, RBR wasn't really pushing at the end with all their problems. But SAI could hang with the Mercs and LEC was faster than them in the first stint, even at the end of his stint with softs. And then became much slower compared to the other teams that opened a gap to SAI.
I am referring to the 15-20 laps after safety car and in any case Ferrari never lapped faster than rb

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

I would be all for breaking up Binotto's team if there was a clear plan to overhaul the team with top personnel the way Aston has but alas that doesn't seem to be the case.

Xwang
Xwang

Maybe Mr Elkan is more interested in putting the FOM history prize in his pocket than to have a competitive team. If I remember well the money Ferrari takes just to compete is bigger than the budget cap so economically makes no sense to invest money to improve

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

Xwang wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:39
Maybe Mr Elkan is more interested in putting the FOM history prize in his pocket than to have a competitive team. If I remember well the money Ferrari takes just to compete is bigger than the budget cap so economically makes no sense to invest money to improve
Is any part of the Agnelli empire doing any good recently though?

Xwang
Xwang

Peter Ian Staker wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:58
Xwang wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 21:39
Is any part of the Agnelli empire doing any good recently though?
I've read recently that financially Mr Elkan exor company in going well ...

Jakxy
Jakxy

The gap is too big to catch with Just updates.

This concept not gonna enough to put a fight against RB.

jambuka
jambuka

Vasseur: We need to understand where the lack of performance is coming from
Sainz: The car is behaving exactly like the wind tunnel and we know there the performance is lacking and where to develop the car
Charles: we are slow everywhere, we need to work a lot more

With the new rear and front wing and correct correlation the car should have better race pace. 1 race is okay, 2nd race is still okay, if they are not there in race pace at Australia then the concept is not working.

LM10
LM10

Some interesting words from Sainz. In short, he’s saying that the race pace is the big problem, but especially when they’re in dirty air. The car is doing exactly what they’re seeing in the wind tunnel (which is good news) and they know what they need to do to solve their issues. He seems to be convinced that their developments will change their season.

Sainz: "Right now, we're not where we want to be in terms of race pace, in terms of car in general the balance even in dirty air following. We just struggled a bit, and if we already overheat the tyres in clean air then imagine following, we just eat them alive."

Sainz: "And we need clean air to produce some kind of decent lap times. So yeah, we know exactly our weaknesses. Obviously we cannot do magic to bring the developments early. But I know the team is pushing flat out to bring them and this will improve our race pace for sure."

Sainz: "The thing is that the car is doing exactly the same as in the wind tunnel. So we know where the weakness is in the wind tunnel, where the weakness is here. We know where to develop the car."

Sainz: "We just need time because from the weakness that we saw in Bahrain and we see here, obviously, we cannot bring the upgrades as soon as tomorrow, but I'm positive that this team is capable of bringing them early in the season. And this could change completely our season."

Sainz: "We know already our performance timings more or less when they're going to come, our developments. I cannot reveal right now. But we know when they're coming. We know what they are targeting. And we know that they should help."

jambuka
jambuka

LM10 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 22:21
Some interesting words from Sainz. In short, he’s saying that the race pace is the big problem, but especially when they’re in dirty air. The car is doing exactly what they’re seeing in the wind tunnel (which is good news) and they know what they need to do to solve their issues. He seems to be convinced that their developments will change their season.

Sainz: "Right now, we're not where we want to be in terms of race pace, in terms of car in general the balance even in dirty air following. We just struggled a bit, and if we already overheat the tyres in clean air then imagine following, we just eat them alive."

Sainz: "And we need clean air to produce some kind of decent lap times. So yeah, we know exactly our weaknesses. Obviously we cannot do magic to bring the developments early. But I know the team is pushing flat out to bring them and this will improve our race pace for sure."

Sainz: "The thing is that the car is doing exactly the same as in the wind tunnel. So we know where the weakness is in the wind tunnel, where the weakness is here. We know where to develop the car."

Sainz: "We just need time because from the weakness that we saw in Bahrain and we see here, obviously, we cannot bring the upgrades as soon as tomorrow, but I'm positive that this team is capable of bringing them early in the season. And this could change completely our season."

Sainz: "We know already our performance timings more or less when they're going to come, our developments. I cannot reveal right now. But we know when they're coming. We know what they are targeting. And we know that they should help."
Don’t trust Sainz. At least on the past two occasions he said he was happy with the car and the performance sucked.

Jakxy
Jakxy

jambuka wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 22:20
Sainz: The car is behaving exactly like the wind tunnel and we know there the performance is lacking and where to develop the car

With the new rear and front wing and correct correlation the car should have better race pace. 1 race is okay, 2nd race is still okay, if they are not there in race pace at Australia then the concept is not working.
Imo 2 races cleary says the concept is not working. You cant even beat the “green redbull” amr.

dialtone
dialtone

Jakxy wrote:
jambuka wrote:

Imo 2 races cleary says the concept is not working. You cant even beat the “green redbull” amr.
AMR is more like the Alpine. The floor may be more like RBR for what we know. Clearly something on the Ferrari isn't working when it comes to downforce, especially at the front even after the updates.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Sainz is slow. Can we admit that now? Charles clearly had more pace when he cruised up on the back of Carlos, but when he couldn’t get passed (and locked up into turn 1) the gap stayed the same. Who knows if Charles could have been further up the road, like the first stint and let’s be honest… every race before. I say he probably would have been closer to the mercs and possibly challenged them.

Why can Ferrari not see this?

jambuka
jambuka

JPBD1990 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 22:44
Sainz is slow. Can we admit that now? Charles clearly had more pace when he cruised up on the back of Carlos, but when he couldn’t get passed (and locked up into turn 1) the gap stayed the same. Who knows if Charles could have been further up the road, like the first stint and let’s be honest… every race before. I say he probably would have been closer to the mercs and possibly challenged them.

Why can Ferrari not see this?
Yeah Charles was about 1.1 behind Sainz and could have definitely tried to push for HAM had he not been stuck behind Sainz.

Jakxy
Jakxy

dialtone wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 22:43
Jakxy wrote:
jambuka wrote:

AMR is more like the Alpine. The floor may be more like RBR for what we know. Clearly something on the Ferrari isn't working when it comes to downforce, especially at the front even after the updates.
The area where last year's car excellent was acceleration and traction. and this is completely gone. Right now the car has no real strong area to other teams. They took a solid foundation from 2022’s car and destroyed it.