2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ben1980
Ben1980

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Lucky wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 08:41
Ben1980 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 08:29
Lucky wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 08:24

The team and the pilots take the last place. See the table.
And?
Besides And, are there no more arguments?
Who's arguing? The car is not where the team wanted it. They have sonething in place to rectify it, hopefully it gets better. They said that in Baku its the starting point.

The fans are aware of this. Not sure if needs anyone to point out it's not doing well.

It's not going to impact anyone who follows the team, as i can't imagine many Mclaren fans are in it purely for the glory anymore.

djos

Getting smashed by other teams that also don’t have their own wind tunnel (eg Haas & AM) is very very frustrating to say the least. The car is even worse than last year!
"In downforce we trust"

Ben1980
Ben1980

djos wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:04
Getting smashed by other teams that also don’t have their own wind tunnel (eg Haas & AM) is very very frustrating to say the least. The car is even worse than last year!
Well yes, because they pretty much stopped working on it. I'm sure that's been explained once otlr twice.

djos

Ben1980 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:10
djos wrote:
Well yes, because they pretty much stopped working on it. I'm sure that's been explained once otlr twice.
We all know that, it’s irrelevant.
"In downforce we trust"

Ben1980
Ben1980

djos wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:14
Ben1980 wrote:
djos wrote:
Not really irrelevant is it? If the impact is what you are complaining about. It's incredibly relevant.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Ben1980 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:16
djos wrote:
Ben1980 wrote:

Not really irrelevant is it? If the impact is what you are complaining about. It's incredibly relevant.
I would agree with djos. Whether they have a new car somewhere in a dream or not is irrelevant. Norris put this car P4 last year. How they did not build on this into the next season continues to be shocking.

Ben1980
Ben1980

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:24
Ben1980 wrote:
djos wrote:

I would agree with djos. Whether they have a new car somewhere in a dream or not is irrelevant. Norris put this car P4 last year. How they did not build on this into the next season continues to be shocking.
How is it irrelevant. When the whole performance of this car is based on the decision to stop working on the car and go down a different route.

If anything is irrelevant it's the performance in last year's Australian grand prix.

Slahinki
Slahinki

Ben1980 wrote:
djos wrote:
Ben1980 wrote:

I really don't understand these guys, you'd think the car not having been developed since September/November last year would be highly relevant to it's pace before the new concept comes in. The fact we have to suffer through all these spammy nonsense comments every damn weekend is more frustrating than the pace of the car at this point.

JordanMugen

Ben1980 wrote:
djos wrote:
So it's the MCL36 with raised floor edges and the real MCL60 will come in Baku? :)

SilviuAgo wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 08:12
Lucky wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 12:24
https://i.imgur.com/AOw9Wap.jpeg
If they keep this spec for Monaco or Hungaroring...this is 120% certain win for Lando 🤣🤣🤣🤣
What's so funny! That's great that the McLaren is super competitive on low-speed corners. =D> :)

michl420
michl420

Every bad day they say here the team is lost. The bad points should be adressed but not reped to death, it´s tiring.
I think today they fell out of there temperatur window (Tires) and Norris can`t put it together, also bacause of the issues in P3.

So that someone also talks about the good things.

Good low speed performance. I don`t think we are that far in the front like this last graph suggest, but in the front area. (This can be seen from last year on, although some here rant about the HUGE alleged understeer problem (sarcasm)).
Visually in my opinion one of the most stable aero platforms from the suspension side.
Very good braking performance.
The car looks on the upperside very much like a Red Bull, which is certainly not terrible this year.
These are things that have been achieved by the team.

Perhaps the only weak point is the floor, which is of course the worst, but can be fixed. And that's exactly what the team has been talking about since the start of the season. And what Aston Martin has done and how tight the field this year is give me hope that a big leap is possible. [-o<
I'm not blind to the situation the team is in and i'm disapprove them for it, but i'm not blind to the good things either.
My point of view.

lio007

Do you think the re-organisation of their technical team is also kind of keeping their sponsors "happy"? To give the impression the team is trying and working hard to overcome its struggles.

And the recent "under-utilised Peter Prodromou"-comment from Stella was a bit strange in my opinion. Peter Prod is with the team since 2014. To let such a highly-rated engineer under-utilised was a bit of a surprise.

Seerix
Seerix

If the team was p1-p3 every weekend, there would be praise everytime (hopefully we'll get to see such performance at some point in the future), so when the are p16 and 0 points, I'd expect to hear criticism every weekend as well. I think it's natural.

I wonder how the situation in the team was developing over the winter. They found out the numbers are bad and that lead to Keys departure I guess. What about the upgrade, the 'spec B'? Is it some rejected project which only got development time after Keys car was found to be slow? It would be so interesting to know how it all went.

mclaren111

michl420 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 10:40
Every bad day they say here the team is lost. The bad points should be adressed but not reped to death, it´s tiring.
I think today they fell out of there temperatur window (Tires) and Norris can`t put it together, also bacause of the issues in P3.

So that someone also talks about the good things.

Good low speed performance. I don`t think we are that far in the front like this last graph suggest, but in the front area. (This can be seen from last year on, although some here rant about the HUGE alleged understeer problem (sarcasm)).
Visually in my opinion one of the most stable aero platforms from the suspension side.
Very good braking performance.
The car looks on the upperside very much like a Red Bull, which is certainly not terrible this year.
These are things that have been achieved by the team.

Perhaps the only weak point is the floor, which is of course the worst, but can be fixed. And that's exactly what the team has been talking about since the start of the season. And what Aston Martin has done and how tight the field this year is give me hope that a big leap is possible. [-o<
I'm not blind to the situation the team is in and i'm disapprove them for it, but i'm not blind to the good things either.
My point of view.
=D> =D>

djos

Some good advice here for us McLaren fans.

🤣
"In downforce we trust"

Darth-Piekus

It is a bad result that I cant say I expected it as I thought that Albert Park would play to the strengths of the car but on the other hand we knew that this car was an abandoned project. Hopefully once the change in Baku comes it will give us a good amount of time to leapfrog the midfield.