2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dxpetrov
dxpetrov

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Did you guys notice when everyone was asked in the press q how concerned each one was by Checko going through the field tomorrow, and Max said:”It’s not my concern, usually!” Lol, that was a low kick right there! Something really had happened between them…

chrisc90

dxpetrov wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 16:52
Did you guys notice when everyone was asked in the press q how concerned each one was by Checko going through the field tomorrow, and Max said:”It’s not my concern, usually!” Lol, that was a low kick right there! Something really had happened between them…
Or the fact its not a concern because Checo is normally up in the top 5/6 and doesnt need to come through the field. There cant be a concern for Checo if he's always at the front. It could be a concern now that the cars are at complete opposite ends of the grid.

You could have asked the same question to Checo last race when Max was down in 15th. It wouldn't be a concern usually for Checo when Max is also at the front of the grid.

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

oh, I think there’s more to it… He wants to put him in his place publicly.

Wouter

dxpetrov wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 17:22
oh, I think there’s more to it… He wants to put him in his place publicly.
You see things that are not there or you would like it to be like that. :roll:
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Perez crash reminds me of Canada qualifying last year. Same thing Perez locks up inside front right tire on cold tires in the third corner and went into the barrier.

I feel it’s a characteristic of his that he doesn’t generate enough front tire temperature with his driving style and can be prone to error in the first corners. It is exacerbated when the track is cold just like Canada last year. Turn 3 in Canada. Turn 3 in Melbourne.

ringo

Perez can come through on an alternate strategy. This track will have some drs trains and so this can play to helping Checo onto the podium. The car has the pace to deliver the podium from anywhere.
As confidence as Max is. He knows its just him and Checo that can be champion. He also knows reliability plays a big role so he will feel uncomfortable if Perez stays consistent.
So he is honest when he says he doesnt care about Perez in the back. He will focus on winning and that's enough to win the constructors. He does not take any contentment from two cars finishing high, he's not the team principal. He is right to not care in his position.
But i feel lady luck can give Max more reliability issues.
For Sure!!

vorticism

Oo, we've got the driver whisperer chiming in. Anything else your crystal ball is telling you? Loving the Psychology Today tier evaluations, and all for free. o7
𓄀

Wouter

=D> =D> =D> Max about Sprintraces.

The Power of Dreams!

vorticism

"...to have basically every day exciting..."

Unfortunately newcomers don't understand that the DNA of Formula 1 is 'boring' races and the Liberty™️ profiteers are of course going to pander to this because they have no vision beyond the domains of their yearly earnings spreadsheet.
𓄀

yelistener

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:40
Repost....Chocolate car confirmed.

I checked the telemetry and Max definitely did not have full power on his last run. I compared an early run from Q1 (blue line) to his Q3 lap (white line) and you can see that he lost power in Q3. Down 3-4km/h on the main straight, and down 3-4 km/h on the run to Turn 9, and the run to T11. :?

https://i.postimg.cc/L6BP5WDc/image.png
He was in clean air in Q3 final run. In that Q1 lap he had a little bit tow from the cars in front (about 4-5s ahead). This has been always the case since the ICE-mode ban in 2020, that Q1 top speeds higher than Q3 because of the traffic in Q1 that made it very hard to avoid the tow even if you dont want it. This even happened from time to time before 2020, particularly in tracks with terrible Q1 traffic.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

yelistener wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 01:10
AR3-GP wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:40
Repost....Chocolate car confirmed.

I checked the telemetry and Max definitely did not have full power on his last run. I compared an early run from Q1 (blue line) to his Q3 lap (white line) and you can see that he lost power in Q3. Down 3-4km/h on the main straight, and down 3-4 km/h on the run to Turn 9, and the run to T11. :?

https://i.postimg.cc/L6BP5WDc/image.png
He was in clean air in Q3 final run. In that Q1 lap he had a little bit tow from the cars in front (about 4-5s ahead). This has been always the case since the ICE-mode ban in 2020, that Q1 top speeds higher than Q3 because of the traffic in Q1 that made it very hard to avoid the tow even if you dont want it. This even happened from time to time before 2020, particularly in tracks with terrible Q1 traffic.
Interesting point. I didn't consider this.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

langedweil

Silent Storm wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 02:10
Like Neo he was starting to believe in himself, right until about 1.5s later I guess ..
HuggaWugga !

Juzh

Perez now showing any special pace, took him like 15 laps to barely catch norris.

Wouter

Max wins for the 1st time the Australian GP! ImageImage

The Power of Dreams!