2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2023, 02:07
There is nothing to blame Ferrari or the car in this matter, Leclerc believes. "I wanted this set up, I knew it would be tricky but I thought I would be able to extract the maximum out of the car in Q3 which is one of my strong points. I know I am taking more risk than others in Q3 and that's why I'm doing good Q3s most of the time. Very disappointed with myself, I made the same mistake yesterday and this shouldn't happen."
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/202653/l ... table.html
Also, it sounds like he admits to taking a qualifying focused setup....

jambuka
jambuka

I feel more than anything Charles needs a mental conditioning coach or an advisor who can guide him and curb his approach of going full send every time each time. He needs to learn and play the long game. A P6 start us better than p20.

bluechris

I really like drivers with the balls to try to do something extra. When you are a distant second, only risk/effort/luck gives you something extra to fight, at least in qualifying.
Im bored from the robot drivers, so kudos to Leclerc (and max because he tried the same with less risk offcourse)

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

if you have two young driver, you will get these kind of issues. Ferrari need experience driver. Just see how both are making mistake in alternate races. I don't see any good weekend for both the drivers. I think one of them will be kicked out from Ferrari if it continues. Mostly Saniz will be out from Ferrari this year.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Did the car get alot of damage ?

chrisc90

Venturiation wrote:
07 May 2023, 10:35
Did the car get alot of damage ?
They had the gearbox off it last night.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2023, 02:25
AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2023, 02:07
There is nothing to blame Ferrari or the car in this matter, Leclerc believes. "I wanted this set up, I knew it would be tricky but I thought I would be able to extract the maximum out of the car in Q3 which is one of my strong points. I know I am taking more risk than others in Q3 and that's why I'm doing good Q3s most of the time. Very disappointed with myself, I made the same mistake yesterday and this shouldn't happen."
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/202653/l ... table.html
Also, it sounds like he admits to taking a qualifying focused setup....
He never talked about having quali setup. Actually, in the statement released to The Race he said he went for that setup because it would help more in the race. I doubt it will make a significative difference though, as the car is simply slow in race trim.

Anyway i'm expecting only Max to be able to overtake easily. 3 DRS zones are useless if you can't get within DRS and dirty air seems to be a big issue in this track. Hopefully i'm wrong on this.

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2023, 23:40
Great stuff from Charles
Great stuff indeed, if you´re a RBR, Mercedes or Aston Martin fan :P

Vanja #66 wrote:
What a lap it would have been, too bad he's so unlucky with crashes. Max made the same error and drove away - and people think luck has nothing to do with it :lol:
Now driver mistakes are a matter of luck? No mate, this was a driver mistake by Lecrerc, again. Actually he made 2 driver mistakes in Q3, one on each attempt! #-o

First attempt, he went long and only managed to be 7th. Second attempt, he lost it and crashed. Luck has nothing to do with going long on a braking, and losing the rear on a corner, he was simply overdriving, plain and simple

Vanja #66 wrote:
Easy podium for Charles with the right H-S(M) strategy tomorrow 8) Lets see if Vassuer holds his word and gives the right strategy to the better driver 8)
Because the better driver is the one making driver mistakes at the key moments, repeatedly, right? #-o :lol: :lol:

Andres125sx

Sainz on radio: "Charles lost the front or the rear"
Ferrari: "The rear"
(silence)

Xyz22
Xyz22

Andres125sx wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:19
Vanja #66 wrote:
Great stuff from Charles
Great stuff indeed, if you´re a RBR, Mercedes or Aston Martin fan :P
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/bb2d23c5 ... r=2&s=none

Vanja #66 wrote:
What a lap it would have been, too bad he's so unlucky with crashes. Max made the same error and drove away - and people think luck has nothing to do with it :lol:
Now driver mistakes are a matter of luck? No mate, this was a driver mistake by Lecrerc, again. Actually he made 2 driver mistakes in Q3, one on each attempt! #-o

First attempt, he went long and only managed to be 7th. Second attempt, he lost it and crashed. Luck has nothing to do with going long on a braking, and losing the rear on a corner, he was simply overdriving, plain and simple

Vanja #66 wrote:
Easy podium for Charles with the right H-S(M) strategy tomorrow 8) Lets see if Vassuer holds his word and gives the right strategy to the better driver 8)
Because the better driver is the one making driver mistakes at the key moments, repeatedly, right? #-o :lol: :lol:
Thankfully we have Sainz :D

aleks_ader

Thank god for Sainz. Just look Baku and Bahrein. And people here complain about Chuck. :D
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Andres125sx

aleks_ader wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:41
Thank god for Sainz. Just look Baku and Bahrein. And people here complain about Chuck. :D
Sure, Sainz was awful in Baku. Even so...

WDC:
5 Carlos Sainz ESP FERRARI 34
6 Charles Leclerc MON FERRARI 28

In next GP, Miami, Sainz grid position is #3, Charles grid position is #7, but people here complain about Sainz :mrgreen:

Xyz22
Xyz22

Andres125sx wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:49
aleks_ader wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:41
Sure, Sainz was awful in Baku. Even so...

WDC:
5 Carlos Sainz ESP FERRARI 34
6 Charles Leclerc MON FERRARI 28

In next GP, Miami, Sainz grid position is #3, Charles grid position is #7, but people here complain about Sainz :mrgreen:
Very interesting that you are not accounting for Leclerc DNF in Bahrain which wasn't his fault and lost him 17 pt compared to Sainz :D

Wait no, he lost more when you factor in the penalty he had to deal with in the next race (Jeddah).

Andres125sx

Xyz22 wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:53
Very interesting that you are not accounting for Leclerc DNF in Bahrain which wasn't his fault and lost him 17 pt compared to Sainz :D

Wait no, he lost more when you factor in the penalty he had to deal with in the next race (Jeddah).
I´m not accountig for anything, just posting real data. Like it or not points are what counts in the end.

For example I´m not accounting either for all those points deprived to Sainz for causing a collision on a part of a race wich wasn´t considered part of the race :? . Even when similar collisions were not punished, when those actually were part of the race. But the only collisioln wich didn´t count for the result, was the only to be punished :roll:

Lots of ifs analysing any table, but in the end the table is what counts

Xyz22
Xyz22

Andres125sx wrote:
07 May 2023, 13:23
Xyz22 wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:53

I´m not accountig for anything, just posting real data. Like it or not points are what counts in the end.

For example I´m not accounting either for all those points deprived to Sainz for causing a collision on a part of a race wich wasn´t considered part of the race :? . Even when similar collisions were not punished, when those actually were part of the race. But the only collisioln wich didn´t count for the result, was the only to be punished :roll:

Lots of ifs analysing any table, but in the end the table is what counts
Understood.

Anyway, Sainz reported that the car is extremely unpredictable in high speed corners. Bodes really well for the race.