2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

They would have to be stood against something fixed for reference, and at the same distance in the same pose.

I know it is not going to be much, but anyone who has played the party game spinning around a broom with your head on the handle wil know just that little difference can make you really disoriented, far more than if you stand straight and do it
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

wogx

Oh, sorry, I should post the original photo with the comparision one:

They are standing side by side, in front of their car - I think this is a pretty good shot to compare them
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

chrisc90

New CE and ES for Merc and their customers.

Big Tea

wogx wrote:
06 May 2023, 16:56
Oh, sorry, I should post the original photo with the comparision one:

They are standing side by side, in front of their car - I think this is a pretty good shot to compare them
Tbh I would not like to call it. It loks all in the hair style :D
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Poor qualifying overall. Car still has tyre warm up issues and still understeery and lacks rear downforce at the same time. What a repulsive combination.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

KimiRai
KimiRai

harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 02:22
Terrible from Hamilton when it appeared he had the pace, is he worth these wages anymore, it's getting painful this is.
He had traffic problems before his lap and it hampered tyre warmup from what I've read.

harty71
harty71

KimiRai wrote:
07 May 2023, 07:22
harty71 wrote:
Terrible from Hamilton when it appeared he had the pace, is he worth these wages anymore, it's getting painful this is.
He had traffic problems before his lap and it hampered tyre warmup from what I've read.
Always an excuse of late, I'm not having it tbh.

KimiRai
KimiRai

harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 07:29
KimiRai wrote:
harty71 wrote:
I think it's plausible, I don't think it's an excuse.

harty71
harty71

KimiRai wrote:
07 May 2023, 08:00
harty71 wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Going out last doesn't necessarily mean you can't get heat in to the tyres, it's just an excuse man. Hamilton is clearly not the force he used to be in qualifying or maybe he is and Russell has taken it to a whole different level. What is true is that Russell is starting to embarrass the man who people used to claim was the fastest driver on the grid.

What is it now, 5-1, even Perez is closer to Verstappen this season.

KimiRai
KimiRai

harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 08:17
KimiRai wrote:
harty71 wrote:

Going out last doesn't necessarily mean you can't get heat in to the tyres, it's just an excuse man. Hamilton is clearly not the force he used to be in qualifying or maybe he is and Russell has taken it to a whole different level. What is true is that Russell is starting to embarrass the man who people used to claim was the fastest driver on the grid.

I'm not a Lewis fan so I'm not aware of the difficulties he may be battling with, but I've seen in some articles mostly from The Race that it seems he isn't happy with some of the W14 characteristics. It's so important to feel the car how you like to gain confidence. In 2007 Fernando except in Malaysia the first races he was struggling compared to Lewis due to the very different driving technique he had to use from the Michelins to the Bridgestones, and fans today claim that is proof he's a worse driver when most respected analysts and statistics claim at least they are equal on the whole. Lewis is likely suffering with some area of the car as well. He's still very good and this is coming from a Fernando fan.

harty71
harty71

KimiRai wrote:
07 May 2023, 08:27
harty71 wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

I'm not a Lewis fan so I'm not aware of the difficulties he may be battling with, but I've seen in some articles mostly from The Race that it seems he isn't happy with some of the W14 characteristics. It's so important to feel the car how you like to gain confidence. In 2007 Fernando except in Malaysia the first races he was struggling compared to Lewis due to the very different driving technique he had to use from the Michelins to the Bridgestones, and fans today claim that is proof he's a worse driver when most respected analysts and statistics claim at least they are equal on the whole. Lewis is likely suffering with some area of the car as well. He's still very good and this is coming from a Fernando fan.
So, by that logic one could claim Bottas is a better driver than Hamilton it's just that Hamilton was more happy with the cars of 2017-2021. At the end of the days it's the drivers job to adapt to a car or influence the team to mould the car to your liking. All we can deal with is the facts, Russell is destroying Hamilton 5-1 in qualifying.

Venturiation
Venturiation

They don't understand the car

zibby43
zibby43

harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 08:33
KimiRai wrote:
harty71 wrote:

So, by that logic one could claim Bottas is a better driver than Hamilton it's just that Hamilton was more happy with the cars of 2017-2021. At the end of the days it's the drivers job to adapt to a car or influence the team to mould the car to your liking. All we can deal with is the facts, Russell is destroying Hamilton 5-1 in qualifying.
Facts don’t care about your feelings.

“That doesn’t fully explain why Hamilton failed to graduate from Q2. That was all about his compromised out-lap, traffic preventing him from adequately preparing his tyres, leaving him down on grip in the first few turns. That came from putting both cars out there right at the end of the session, attempting to take the full benefit from the increasing grip of the track as it steadily cooled.”

- Mark Hughes

mendis
mendis

harty71 wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
harty71 wrote:

It's a fair conclusion.

harty71
harty71

zibby43 wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:04
harty71 wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Facts don’t care about your feelings.

“That doesn’t fully explain why Hamilton failed to graduate from Q2. That was all about his compromised out-lap, traffic preventing him from adequately preparing his tyres, leaving him down on grip in the first few turns. That came from putting both cars out there right at the end of the session, attempting to take the full benefit from the increasing grip of the track as it steadily cooled.”

- Mark Hughes
Yep and the facts clearly show Russell is leading the test of ultimate speed 5-1, I hope this isn't taken as bashing Hamilton as I have been recieving warnings about a potential ban for stating the truth.

<Mod edit: for spamming>