2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:20
zibby43 wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:04
harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 08:33

So, by that logic one could claim Bottas is a better driver than Hamilton it's just that Hamilton was more happy with the cars of 2017-2021. At the end of the days it's the drivers job to adapt to a car or influence the team to mould the car to your liking. All we can deal with is the facts, Russell is destroying Hamilton 5-1 in qualifying.
Facts don’t care about your feelings.

“That doesn’t fully explain why Hamilton failed to graduate from Q2. That was all about his compromised out-lap, traffic preventing him from adequately preparing his tyres, leaving him down on grip in the first few turns. That came from putting both cars out there right at the end of the session, attempting to take the full benefit from the increasing grip of the track as it steadily cooled.”

- Mark Hughes
Yep and the facts clearly show Russell is leading the test of ultimate speed 5-1, I hope this isn't taken as bashing Hamilton as I have been recieving warnings about a potential ban for stating the truth.

And yet you fail to mention what really matters - Sunday results, where it’s a different story. It’s about picking what suits your narrative isn’t it? I understand that your ban is getting closer since all your posts is about bashing Hamilton in one way or another.

SiLo

I'm sure neither driver cares much considering how trash the car is compared to where they expect to be.
Felipe Baby!

harty71
harty71

Tvetovnato wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:27
harty71 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:04

Facts don’t care about your feelings.

“That doesn’t fully explain why Hamilton failed to graduate from Q2. That was all about his compromised out-lap, traffic preventing him from adequately preparing his tyres, leaving him down on grip in the first few turns. That came from putting both cars out there right at the end of the session, attempting to take the full benefit from the increasing grip of the track as it steadily cooled.”

- Mark Hughes
Yep and the facts clearly show Russell is leading the test of ultimate speed 5-1, I hope this isn't taken as bashing Hamilton as I have been recieving warnings about a potential ban for stating the truth.

And yet you fail to mention what really matters - Sunday results, where it’s a different story. It’s about picking what suits your narrative isn’t it? I understand that your ban is getting closer since all your posts is about bashing Hamilton in one way or another.
The race hasn't even ran yet so how can I comment on it? If you care to read I praised Hamilton for his drive last weekend, still, that doesn't mean I can't be critical about his performances in qualifying which have been very poor this season. It's not easy to accept that your favourite driver is no longer the quickest on the grid, with Max you always got the feeling of what if, that you will never find out. Well, Russell is now showing us.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:36
Tvetovnato wrote:
harty71 wrote:

The race hasn't even ran yet so how can I comment on it? If you care to read I praised Hamilton for his drive last weekend, still, that doesn't mean I can't be critical about his performances in qualifying which have been very poor this season. It's not easy to accept that your favourite driver is no longer the quickest on the grid, with Max you always got the feeling of what if, that you will never find out. Well, Russell is now showing us.
Obviously I’m referring to the previous races. It was the same rant from you last year. Hamilton won the Q battle there, but it was still the same story over and over and over.

harty71
harty71

Tvetovnato wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:41
harty71 wrote:
Tvetovnato wrote:

Obviously I’m referring to the previous races. It was the same rant from you last year. Hamilton won the Q battle there, but it was still the same story over and over and over.
Last year he was comfortably beaten by Russell in the standings. I've been a massive fan of Hamilton since day one and to see a superior driver slowly displace him is not easy to handle. I'm a little frustrated that it's dawning on me that maybe he wasn't quite as great as I always thought he was, either that or he's faded, what matters is the results and qualifying has been a nightmare for him thus far.

harty71
harty71

And, it still matters even if you're qualifying 5th or whatever.

Tvetovnato
Tvetovnato

harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:47
Tvetovnato wrote:
harty71 wrote:

Last year he was comfortably beaten by Russell in the standings. I've been a massive fan of Hamilton since day one and to see a superior driver slowly displace him is not easy to handle. I'm a little frustrated that it's dawning on me that maybe he wasn't quite as great as I always thought he was, either that or he's faded, what matters is the results and qualifying has been a nightmare for him thus far.
It’s reversed roles this year and still Hamilton is the one who is terrible both seasons. Tiring to read, which I’m glad the mods have taken notice of.

Big Tea

I see Ham packing his bags at season end. He is not enjoying it and making it plain. Russell/Albon team next year?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

chrisc90

SiLo wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:33
I'm sure neither driver cares much considering how trash the car is compared to where they expect to be.
Question is.....is the upgrades for the next race going to bring a second to the table to be competitive? The biggest threat this weekend for Merc is infact the cars behind. Look at what Haas have brought to the table, Alpine, Williams, Alfa of Bottas (2 tenths).....Those cars are within a tenth of George in the Merc in Q3. 8-9 tenths off Charles and Max who didn't get a run in Q3 (used their Q2 times). 6 tenths to Alonso.
That's a HUGE jump to be making with a upgrade package coming for the next race. I'm sure they have also brought the beginnings of said package with the revised lower suspension arms to re-direct the air flow. Whether that forms part of the new improved package and is designed to work with the 'upgraded car' is a different thing as it might not be fully optimised for the current setup (as I said before about phasing in upgrades)

harty71
harty71

Tvetovnato wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:54
harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:47
Tvetovnato wrote:

It’s reversed roles this year and still Hamilton is the one who is terrible both seasons. Tiring to read, which I’m glad the mods have taken notice of.
Is it, in which reality of yours was Hamilton leading the qualifying battle 5-1 after this amount of races?

harty71
harty71

Big Tea wrote:
07 May 2023, 11:55
I see Ham packing his bags at season end. He is not enjoying it and making it plain. Russell/Albon team next year?
I have the same feeling and I think the parting will be mutual. At the end of the day he's not bringing the performance that warrants his huge salary. Merc need to make a push for Norris or Leclerc.

Big Tea

harty71 wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:01
Big Tea wrote:
I have the same feeling and I think the parting will be mutual. At the end of the day he's not bringing the performance that warrants his huge salary. Merc need to make a push for Norris or Leclerc.
Not Leclerc, I don't think he would 'fit'. Norris may do but is he not tied to Mclaren for a couple of years yet?
I get the bad feeling they are looking at Schumacher as the next man, but I don not see him as being anywhere good enough (demonstrated by the fact he has no drive this year).

mendis
mendis

harty71 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
I don't see him leaving 55 millions on the table and walk away. In times when money is losing it's value faster than ice cream melting, it would be irrational to leave the position.

Big Tea

mendis wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:10
harty71 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
I don't see him leaving 55 millions on the table and walk away. In times when money losing it's value faster than ice cream melting, it's would be irrational to leave the position.
He could probably get an equivalent amount of sponsorship outside F1 right now, but in a few years, unless he gets another championship he will not have much value. TBH He has already passed the point where money is just a number and of no value so will go for the want

harty71
harty71

mendis wrote:
07 May 2023, 12:10
harty71 wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
He has no choice if the team decides not to renew his contract, I certainly wouldn't. You can get comparable performance at a fraction of the cost. Russell is more than capable of leading the team, the question is do they pit a first class driver against him or employ another Bottas?
I don't see him leaving 55 millions on the table and walk away. In times when money is losing it's value faster than ice cream melting, it would be irrational to leave the position.